Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 08:55 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Thank you for proving my point.
So you believe that we shouldnt pay for anything at stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 08:55 AM

21,137 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If people can freely cross the southern border we would be seeing a million crossings a day
This thread is d.o.a.
We are seeing an estimated 10,000 illegal crossings a day.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bid...ds-2023-05-10/

If a million could cross per day, they would. Heck, if a billion could cross a day, they would.

Old 07-06-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So you believe that we shouldnt pay for anything at stores?
Doesn't matter what I believe. What matters is whether or not shoplifters are being prosecuted.

Old 07-06-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
A better question is. If we have open borders. Why do people try to sneak across concealed in trucks? Especially in sweltering heat.

Wouldnt it be easier to show up at the border and say "i'm here, city data said it was ok to cross."
I've wondered that too. Why not come here legally through a border checkpoint and just stay here? Some reasons I've heard:

-If a crosser has a criminal record, they fear getting caught

-Since they do not want to be sent back to their home country when they get caught overstaying, crossers dispose of their passports and ID before crossing. Without these, they can't come through legally.

-The groups helping them cross (coyotes that are getting paid by the crossers, the United Nations which is profiting of the human trafficking, others: https://www.foxnews.com/us/ngos-assi...abetting-crime ), would not profit from legal crossings.

There may be other reasons.

Old 07-06-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Well the plane is because they dont want you to bring bomb or gun and kill everyone. But I get the land borders though. It is pointless at this point.
But you don't clear Customs till you have already gotten off the plane. I don't think it would be too hard to get a gun or bomb through Customs. I think they are more concerned with drugs and fruits/nuts. No metal detectors that I'm aware of. I think the K-9s are used more for drugs than bombs.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:09 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter what I believe. What matters is whether or not shoplifters are being prosecuted.
It absolutely does matter. If you think that others break the law then you can, well, that is on you. Personally I try to do what is right despite what others do. Your view may differ.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:13 AM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Default Why?

Because law abiding people obey the law. That's true no matter what the law is.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:29 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Because law abiding people obey the law. That's true no matter what the law is.
Liberals and ethnocentrics don't care about laws especially our immigration laws.

Old 07-06-2023, 01:46 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Good question OP. I was just having this conversation with a friend that had recently come back from Europe. The customs looked him up and down and asked him lots of questions like he was guilty of something.

I experienced the same type of abuse at Niagra falls. I walked right into Canada, joking with the friendly and pretty border agent, checked out the falls and then went back. The difference between entering Canada and America is stark. There was barbed wire, cameras, I had to be buzzed in, a rather gruff looking guy stared down at me like a mean judge from his bench while 3 other agents looked me up and down like they were hoping for a fight to break out. After some questioning they begrudgingly allowed me back in.

On another trip to Canada we came back through Campobello Island and the Border agent was so nice.

What is it with some of these Bozos? Maybe they should do away with customs given what is happening at the Border.

Old 07-06-2023, 09:59 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
But you don't clear Customs till you have already gotten off the plane. I don't think it would be too hard to get a gun or bomb through Customs. I think they are more concerned with drugs and fruits/nuts. No metal detectors that I'm aware of. I think the K-9s are used more for drugs than bombs.
Oh I misunderstood. You right Customs is not TSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration