Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2023, 08:37 PM

22,511 posts, read 12,057,887 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...3OeO?ocid=msed

From the article:

"According to the NBC News report, "Orlando" -- who won't give his full name due to "safety concerns" -- was diagnosed with esophageal cancer six months after he arrived in the U.S.A. Now he is getting free chemotherapy and radiation treatments and free doctor's care.

This is health care that costs Americans tens of thousands of dollars to keep them alive, but "Orlando" is getting it all for free. And he is fully aware of the costs."

And this:

"...but NBC also notes that American citizens are often being turned away from New York hospitals and social services that are inundated with border crossers."

^^^^This is infuriating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2023, 06:25 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

From the article:

"According to the NBC News report, "Orlando" -- who won't give his full name due to "safety concerns" -- was diagnosed with esophageal cancer six months after he arrived in the U.S.A. Now he is getting free chemotherapy and radiation treatments and free doctor's care.

This is health care that costs Americans tens of thousands of dollars to keep them alive, but "Orlando" is getting it all for free. And he is fully aware of the costs."

And this:

"...but NBC also notes that American citizens are often being turned away from New York hospitals and social services that are inundated with border crossers."

^^^^This is infuriating
Our medical facilities and healthcare practitioners are going to be overwhelmed with this tsunami of humans that shouldn't even be in our country. You think the waits in the ER's have been bad in the past you ain't seen nothing yet. Americans are going to die waiting to be treated. Oh but we are going to save 5 cents on an apple so it is claimed by the liberals and ethnocentrics.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:39 AM

3,751 posts, read 2,582,997 times
Quote:
Kills me how the media accepts & advances the lie that the illegal alien has to maintain anonymity sue to 'safety concerns'. He's openly receiving costly medical treatments for free. He is in no unique danger..

Reminds me of the media lie from about 15 years ago. When aliens were said to be cowering "in the shadows" of American society. I was living within LA city limits, and NO illegal immigrants were hiding in the shadows. You would see foreign (Central American) flags all the time, Spanish spoken openly, aliens loitering in front of Home Depots all day long, etc. There is no fear of immigration law enforcement. This is simply Leftist media propaganda, to soften the image of the invasion.

Old 10-12-2023, 01:20 PM

^^^^Exactly! Illegals destroyed my neighborhood and schools. They certainly are not "hiding in the shadows".

Old 10-12-2023, 01:44 PM

1,028 posts, read 793,408 times
Biden is working on giving them healthcare and phones and housing

https://nypost.com/2023/10/12/ice-ad...-us-biden-rrm/

Old 10-12-2023, 01:56 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,761,654 times
Quote:

From the article:

And this:

^^^^This is infuriating
The last report I heard was 25% of NYC hospital rooms have illegal patients. This is why I will never leave NY with the immigrant situation. The article says patients are being referred to other places, and there are plenty of hospitals here in NYC and the suburbs, other places already have shortages of medical people (like Florida, S.C.)and very few hospitals in certain areas, so there might not be another place to be referred to, or another facility might be several miles away or even in another state.

Old 10-12-2023, 04:32 PM

544 posts, read 943,924 times
Quote:

From the article:

And this:

^^^^This is infuriating
My spouse has been treated for stage 3 esophageal cancer in a well-known NYC hospital specializing in cancer treatment. Even with insurance, we're over $75,000 in medical debt. To add further insult to injury, NYS law charges a percentage on each hospital claim to cover the under or uninsured. That helps increase insurance premiums -- which are currently $2,100/month.

Reading this post has me completely infuriated.

Old 10-12-2023, 04:35 PM

544 posts, read 943,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our medical facilities and healthcare practitioners are going to be overwhelmed with this tsunami of humans that shouldn't even be in our country. You think the waits in the ER's have been bad in the past you ain't seen nothing yet. Americans are going to die waiting to be treated. Oh but we are going to save 5 cents on an apple so it is claimed by the liberals and ethnocentrics.
A client was in the local ER yesterday. The hospital is a large, state run Level 1 trauma center. There were over 50 people ahead of the client, and a lot of chattering in Spanish. The ERs are being used as clinics by the 'migrants'.

Old 10-12-2023, 05:59 PM

26,017 posts, read 22,214,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
A client was in the local ER yesterday. The hospital is a large, state run Level 1 trauma center. There were over 50 people ahead of the client, and a lot of chattering in Spanish. The ERs are being used as clinics by the 'migrants'.
Yes, "emergency medical" is free (on the backs of the taxpayers), so everything is an emergency. We also pay to deliver the anchor babies that we then pay to raise. I keep hearing complaints that Americans aren't having children, well duh, after paying to take care of the illegals, they can't afford it.

I am so sorry about the illness of your husband. I hope you will be able to get some kind of financial help with the bills - definitely research it! There is money there to help, and the illegals and fake asylum seekers already got their share, well, they should have had no share.

Wishing your husband the best possible outcome, and that you can find some financial help for those bills. Research it! Keep asking for help as even if someone can't help, they might know who can, write your congress people about the issue as sometimes they might know of something to help.

Old 10-12-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
My spouse has been treated for stage 3 esophageal cancer in a well-known NYC hospital specializing in cancer treatment. Even with insurance, we're over $75,000 in medical debt. To add further insult to injury, NYS law charges a percentage on each hospital claim to cover the under or uninsured. That helps increase insurance premiums -- which are currently $2,100/month.

Reading this post has me completely infuriated.
I'm so sorry to hear what you and your spouse have been through. What happened to you is wrong on so many levels. You have every right to be infuriated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration