Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2023, 02:34 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ts/ar-AA1lDbIQ

Some snippets from the link:

"We are here to protect immigration as it is,” Rep. Nanette Barragan (D-CA) said."

then this:

“Not a single member of the CHC [Congressional Hispanic Caucus] was given a heads up that the administration would be proposing or considering these right-wing nonstarters,” said Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ).

“That is a hard slap in the face to all the Latino and immigrant communities we represent.”
-----------------
Menendez has some nerve considering that he is in hot water as is.

Then there is this bit from a fool. Someone needs to tell him that "migrants" aren't his constituents.

"“We’re here to make things better for our constituents,” said Rep. Greg Casar (D-TX). “That’s why we are telling President Biden and the Senate Democrats to hold strong … We can pass support for allies in Ukraine without throwing immigrant families under the bus."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2023, 02:53 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Its infuriating

Old 12-19-2023, 03:45 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ts/ar-AA1lDbIQ

Some snippets from the link:

"We are here to protect immigration as it is,” Rep. Nanette Barragan (D-CA) said."

then this:

“Not a single member of the CHC [Congressional Hispanic Caucus] was given a heads up that the administration would be proposing or considering these right-wing nonstarters,” said Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ).

“That is a hard slap in the face to all the Latino and immigrant communities we represent.”
-----------------
Menendez has some nerve considering that he is in hot water as is.

Then there is this bit from a fool. Someone needs to tell him that "migrants" aren't his constituents.

"“We’re here to make things better for our constituents,” said Rep. Greg Casar (D-TX). “That’s why we are telling President Biden and the Senate Democrats to hold strong … We can pass support for allies in Ukraine without throwing immigrant families under the bus."
Face it, far too many Hispanics have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws it's one of the reasons that they continue to vote for the open borders Democrats who are always promising amnesty to. The have permeated our congress. Hard to find an Hispanic in congress that doesn't support illegal immigration from their ethnic group. Even the SC justice Sotomayer who is also Hispanic has the same mindset.

They, like their lefty counterparts refuse to even decipher between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien. It's blatantly dishonest. Do we really want more of these people in our country and in congress that have no respect for the rule of law or other Americans not of their ethnicity? All the more reason to stop them from coming here.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:39 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
It has been my understanding that immigrants [once they gain citizenship] overwhelmingly register as Repubs.

Old 12-20-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
It has been my understanding that immigrants [once they gain citizenship] overwhelmingly register as Repubs.
Um no, most of them register Democrat especially the Latino ones.

Old 12-20-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um no, most of them register Democrat especially the Latino ones.
I can see that among the illegals, especially the Spanish-speaking.

But I have seen a few interviews of legal immigrants once they gain citizenship, and it sounded like they are mostly registering Repub.

I live in a border state, though the primary interfacing that I have with non-citizens is in our local cancer center [Folks crossing our Northern border seeking cancer treatment].

Does anyone know what percentage of the illegals coming up from the South even speak Spanish in 2023?

Old 12-20-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:

But I have seen a few interviews of legal immigrants once they gain citizenship, and it sounded like they are mostly registering Repub.

I live in a border state, though the primary interfacing that I have with non-citizens is in our local cancer center [Folks crossing our Northern border seeking cancer treatment].

Does anyone know what percentage of the illegals coming up from the South even speak Spanish in 2023?
Since 80% of illegals are Mexican and Central Americans what do you think their native language is?

Old 12-20-2023, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since 80% of illegals are Mexican and Central Americans what do you think their native language is?
I have been seeing articles lately that many of these illegals currently ARE NOT Spanish speakers.

These are Arabic, Somali, and Farsi speakers.

My state has been getting tonnes of immigrants transported to us. One local school district reported the ESL requirements are for 23 different languages. Spanish is not even in the top five.

Old 12-21-2023, 05:01 AM

Quote:
I have been seeing articles lately that many of these illegals currently ARE NOT Spanish speakers.

These are Arabic, Somali, and Farsi speakers.

My state has been getting tonnes of immigrants transported to us. One local school district reported the ESL requirements are for 23 different languages. Spanish is not even in the top five.
The fact remains that most illegal aliens are Spanish speakers though. I don't know where you live but out here in the southwest Spanish is becoming prevalent due to the above.

Old 12-21-2023, 05:09 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:

If true,, it must be because Republicans support legal immigration..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration