Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 01:15 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times

Advertisements

And now the mayor is cutting budgets and reducing various city services, all because he insists on rolling out the red carpet for illegal aliens: https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...b-bb56292d2e52

So, citizens of Denver will be receiving reduced service at the DMV and will see reduced maintenance of parks all so that their tax dollars can be diverted to give illegal aliens, or “newcomers” as the mayor says, hotel rooms and other freebies.

People in Denver will have a more difficult time registering vehicles and may see condition of parks deteriorate, but glad to know they will continue to see illegal aliens on street corners trying to sell flowers and wash windows, as though this is the Third World.

Also LOL that he criticized the fact that border deal that didn’t pass in the Senate, as though would have curbed illegal immigration. Ha ha.

Way to go, Colorado Democrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 01:21 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I lived next door to basically "a flop house" for Mexicans brought in to work in a restaurant owned by the property owner. About four or five guys at a time. You wouldn't BELIEVE what all went on there, or maybe you would... I was constantly on the phone to code enforcement and other city officials (ultimately to no avail; I had to move). And yes, it included animal abuse and neglect. It's about CULTURE. Theirs is very different from ours, and they have no interest in or intention of assimilating. This was about 10-12 years ago and not part of this illegal alien influx, so it was a fairly isolated case. Now, I can only imagine!
40 years ago I lived in Greeley CO. The north side was a mirror image of Tijuana Mexico. Everything was cash only and it was basically an underground economy.

Old 02-09-2024, 03:07 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

Colorado is a lost cause. I will eventually move.
Move where? Mars? This will eventually be the conditions in every single state in the United States, and in all Western countries.

Old 02-10-2024, 10:47 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Move where? Mars? This will eventually be the conditions in every single state in the United States, and in all Western countries.
Agreed. The Democrat Party is like a cancer on this country, and quite frankly, I could see the states I would consider moving to eventually turning blue as well.

Was thinking somewhere more rural, where at least I could be away from people and most of these problems — i.e., probably won’t see illegal aliens trying to force people to have their windshields washed or buy flowers on intersections of rural roads. Not enough traffic.

Old 02-11-2024, 10:05 AM

808 posts, read 541,189 times
[quote=otterhere;66404362] It's about CULTURE. Theirs is very different from ours, and they have no interest in or intention of assimilating. /QUOTE]

They came from s*1th0es (which is why they are so anxious to leave) and won't be happy until they've turned the US into one, too.

Old 02-11-2024, 04:35 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Agreed. The Democrat Party is like a cancer on this country, and quite frankly, I could see the states I would consider moving to eventually turning blue as well.

Was thinking somewhere more rural, where at least I could be away from people and most of these problems — i.e., probably won’t see illegal aliens trying to force people to have their windshields washed or buy flowers on intersections of rural roads. Not enough traffic.
We moved to Alabama - love the town - love the people. Last night I hear that there were about 200 Hispanic, mainly those of military age in the Walmart the next town over. They'd been dropped off by buses. Being Nextdoor deleted the post and responses - it's hard to actually verify it so I wrote the mayor of the town but doubt I'll get a response.

People on Nextdoor responded that they've had illegals here for a few years - you are not going to get away from it. And despite the fact that people are upset about it - they do nothing but sit on their computers complaining. I tried to explain to them that 1 person is not going to make a difference - the community as a whole has to get together - sign petitions - hold a march ect.

This is where conservatives go wrong - we all complain about the Republicans not doing anything but many of us sit here on CD, FB, Reddit complaining and do nothing else. We don't hold protests ect, we turn the other cheek and the left continues to poop on us

Old 02-11-2024, 04:36 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,465 times
I just got back from Denver today. They got what they wanted. Diversity ( there is no such thing as an illegal). Multi million dollar homes surrounded by walls and fences. Hmm, we have been told that walls don’t work. Anyway, multi million dollar homes with homeless and/or beggars on every (almost) corner. Funny thing, they are blaming Abbott. In others words, we love illegal immigrants and diversity, as long as it stays in Texas.

Old 02-11-2024, 05:24 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Why wouldn't anyone shutdown abuse against animals? Particularly if state animal control officers had evidence?
Well, the animal control officer didn't understand. My thought was it would be considered "racist" being a part of their "culture". Sadly, we returned to a city where we lived 30 years ago, and after we left, a meat plant went in. Now, it appears somewhere in town they are fighting dogs, as they seem to dump injured dogs. The county jail is also overrun with people with Hispanic names for drug violations, a much greater percentage of the county jail population than Hispanics in the population here.

[quote=margaretBartle;66413357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's about CULTURE. Theirs is very different from ours, and they have no interest in or intention of assimilating. /QUOTE]

They came from s*1th0es (which is why they are so anxious to leave) and won't be happy until they've turned the US into one, too.
Yes, and that is why our citizen/legal Hispanic/Latinos, at least a larger percentage than ever are supporting Trump. They don't want this country to become what they had before coming here. I see interviews of Hispanic/Latino on the border, and they don't want the illegals/fake asylum seekers coming in either.

Old 02-11-2024, 05:30 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
We moved to Alabama - love the town - love the people. Last night I hear that there were about 200 Hispanic, mainly those of military age in the Walmart the next town over. They'd been dropped off by buses. Being Nextdoor deleted the post and responses - it's hard to actually verify it so I wrote the mayor of the town but doubt I'll get a response.

People on Nextdoor responded that they've had illegals here for a few years - you are not going to get away from it. And despite the fact that people are upset about it - they do nothing but sit on their computers complaining. I tried to explain to them that 1 person is not going to make a difference - the community as a whole has to get together - sign petitions - hold a march ect.

This is where conservatives go wrong - we all complain about the Republicans not doing anything but many of us sit here on CD, FB, Reddit complaining and do nothing else. We don't hold protests ect, we turn the other cheek and the left continues to poop on us
Well there was a convoy of patriots in their trucks that went down to the Texas border to protest recently so at least it's a start.

Old 02-11-2024, 11:55 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, the animal control officer didn't understand. My thought was it would be considered "racist" being a part of their "culture". Sadly, we returned to a city where we lived 30 years ago, and after we left, a meat plant went in. Now, it appears somewhere in town they are fighting dogs, as they seem to dump injured dogs. The county jail is also overrun with people with Hispanic names for drug violations, a much greater percentage of the county jail population than Hispanics in the population here.
That's just awful - - poor dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration