Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 09:19 AM

25,919 posts, read 12,943,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a population of 100-150 million. I am sure many people prefer it. It should be up to those who are actually paying taxes to determine if illegals should be brought into this country.
I agree. We have way too many people NOT paying any net federal income taxes voting. The takers fare outnumber the makers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 10:13 AM

586 posts, read 312,377 times
Immgrantion is also replacing low birth rates for the current child bearing crowd.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:10 PM

63,054 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
Immgrantion is also replacing low birth rates for the current child bearing crowd.
It's illegal immigration. Who wants immigration law breaker's giving birth on our soil? Our birthrates are fine even if they are decreasing which is a good thing anyway.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:09 PM

3,749 posts, read 2,581,822 times
I don't believe our wide open border has anything to do with compensating for declining birthrate..
But I do think it is about replacing a low-paid decling working class/caste.
I'm a proud American, but I recognize America has a (shameful) long-standing appetite for cheap labor. It just seems to be part of our capitalist DNA.
With escalating minimum wages, with DEI moving unqualified people upward.. it's leaving a manual labor & unskilled labor vacuum, for underpaid Third World immigrants to fill.
The idea that our wide open border is underwritten by a noble motive (like population stabilization) is naive. This open border is a completely cynical, greedy grab at a cheap working caste. And even our LEGAL work visa program is often about importing cheaper, more pliable Indian tech labor etc.
Democrats & unions used to recognize this and fiercely resisted illegal/imported labor, but..

Old 05-06-2024, 05:15 PM

25,919 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I don't believe our wide open border has anything to do with compensating for declining birthrate..
But I do think it is about replacing a low-paid decling working class/caste.
I'm a proud American, but I recognize America has a (shameful) long-standing appetite for cheap labor. It just seems to be part of our capitalist DNA.
With escalating minimum wages, with DEI moving unqualified people upward.. it's leaving a manual labor & unskilled labor vacuum, for underpaid Third World immigrants to fill.
The idea that our wide open border is underwritten by a noble motive (like population stabilization) is naive. This open border is a completely cynical, greedy grab at a cheap working caste. And even our LEGAL work visa program is often about importing cheaper, more pliable Indian tech labor etc.
Democrats & unions used to recognize this and fiercely resisted illegal/imported labor, but..

In 2023 the U.S. Treasury collected $456B less in tax revenues versus 2022. That is a major problem, and is driven by our declining labor force participation rate....not enough workers paying taxes.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/repo...sed%20interest

Do you know that in our lifetimes, revenues flowing into the Treasury only fell 8 times...this drop is highly unusual...it's Bidenomics.

How much have you heard about this drop in the fake news media? This is a huge news story, but its been Crickets chirping.

Illegal immigration has the potential to fix that problem fast, if you can put those newcomers to work quickly.

Old 05-06-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
In 2023 the U.S. Treasury collected $456B less in tax revenues versus 2022. That is a major problem, and is driven by our declining labor force participation rate....not enough workers paying taxes.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/repo...sed%20interest

Do you know that in our lifetimes, revenues flowing into the Treasury only fell 8 times...this drop is highly unusual...it's Bidenomics.

How much have you heard about this drop in the fake news media? This is a huge news story, but its been Crickets chirping.

Illegal immigration has the potential to fix that problem fast, if you can put those newcomers to work quickly.
Our government has a spending problem not a tax revenue problem. No way in hell should we allow illegal aliens to work here. If Americans got their jobs back from them the employers would have to pay Americans more and in turn that would result in more tax revenue. Riding our country of illegal aliens would eliminate the over $100 billion a year that they cost us to. They aren't newcomers either.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:59 PM

24,146 posts, read 32,563,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://spectator.org/gov-whitmer-pa...e-to-michigan/

Michigan Governor Whitmer will at least say it out loud publicly, while the Biden regime will not.

Michigan has been losing population to negative net domestic migration since the 1970's.

Less people = less taxes

Less people = less congressional seats

Less people = less workers, less labor, & lower GDP...which = less tax revenues

So, Whitmer is using illegals to shore up Michigan's population loss.

This helps explain what Biden is doing on a national basis...using illegals to offset low American birth rates.

The million dollar question is this...what does the cost benefit analysis of this social engineering look like?

Bringing in Millions of poor, non-English speakers, who may be sick, or may have criminal records, or may have no skills to earn a living wage.

That is the discussion that needed to be had prior to the Biden regime opening up the borders to all.

Why not dramatically increase LEGAL immigration, and vet the newcomers, and select the most likely to succeed?
Really no different from the US opening its doors to European immigrants, building Ellis Island, and welcoming them through Ellis Island at the end of the 19th and early 20th century. Most who came here did not have passports or Visas. They obtained "papers" at Ellis Island.

We MADE the immigration legal. European peasants did not travel much. They didn't have passports or Visas. Some did not have birth certificates. We fixed that for them at Ellis Island.

The US was in the midst of the Industrial Revolution. There were many jobs available in factories, mills, coal mines, railroads, and the westward expansion. There were many other jobs that were not being filled by American Citizens.

So, It seems we are doing that once again.

Ellis Island was a success. I think we should build another facility like that, to accommodate our newest residents, to once again do the tasks that American citizens do not want to do.

Also, please drop the word "illegals" from your vocabulary. It's so offensive.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:43 AM

6,505 posts, read 3,188,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals should never be allowed into our country no matter what someone's opinion is. It is against the law!
Bingo!!!

And yes, I firmly believe that they cost America far more than they provide.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Really no different from the US opening its doors to European immigrants, building Ellis Island, and welcoming them through Ellis Island at the end of the 19th and early 20th century. Most who came here did not have passports or Visas. They obtained "papers" at Ellis Island.

We MADE the immigration legal. European peasants did not travel much. They didn't have passports or Visas. Some did not have birth certificates. We fixed that for them at Ellis Island.

The US was in the midst of the Industrial Revolution. There were many jobs available in factories, mills, coal mines, railroads, and the westward expansion. There were many other jobs that were not being filled by American Citizens.

Ellis Island was a success. I think we should build another facility like that, to accommodate our newest residents, to once again do the tasks that American citizens do not want to do.

This crap again? There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who do you think were doing them before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border willing to work for less?

We are not in the middle of an industrial revolution like we were a hundred or so years ago. We were a wide open frontier with manual labor needed to build this country. Not so today! Our population has increased immensely since Ellis Island and our natural and social resources are being stretched thin.

We do have a legal immigration process today and we still allow in over one million immigrants a year. We cannot however allow everyone into our country that wants to come here especially the poor, uneducated and unskilled that are these illegal aliens whom end up being a fiscal burden on our society.

Illegal = the unlawful presence of a someone in our country. Alien= a foreigner. So just how is that offensive? It is the lawful immigration term for them. You are either a bleeding heart liberal, have ethnic ties to these illegals or you hire them for profit. Which is it?

Old 05-07-2024, 06:55 AM

6,489 posts, read 6,700,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Honestly, I find your request to control someone's speech offensive. I am 60+ years old, and "illegal aliens" has been the term I have heard throughout my life to describe people coming into our country *illegally.*

I will not be jumping on the bandwagon that calls them newcomers or migrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration