Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,159,988 times

Advertisements

Reading the newspaper I read an article today that outlines the U.S population in the year 2042 I believe. It is estimated that the Hispanic population will double by this period. It is also stated that this is really not due so much to immigration, but because most whites are older and are dying and the replacement levels are falling and because the majority of Hispanics are younger.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Reading the newspaper I read an article today that outlines the U.S population in the year 2042 I believe. It is estimated that the Hispanic population will double by this period. It is also stated that this is really not due so much to immigration, but because most whites are older and are dying and the replacement levels are falling and because the majority of Hispanics are younger.
Do they include illegals in their numbers? If not, I don't think it would happen. So, duh - what do we do? Hmmmm..........I know, enforce our own federal laws!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Do they include illegals in their numbers? If not, I don't think it would happen. So, duh - what do we do? Hmmmm..........I know, enforce our own federal laws!
The article used the term "immigrant" broadly. Here are the exact words from the article:

Quote:
Hispanics are projected to triple by 2050, when they'll be nearly a third (133 million) of the population. Spurring Hispanic growth is the group's large natural increase - birthrate minus death rate - which vincent attiributed mainly to its youth and fertility. Immigration is an important but lesser factor, she said.
There is one, and tremendous problem I see with this. We know that minorities, or non-dominant groups as the article stated to discuss race and ethnicity, do not do the best in schools. Mainly Blacks and Hispanics. Neighborhoods where non-dominant races are a majority, usually have low test scores and high crime rates. If these people become the majority, America will have a new face. A possibly low educated, "Black and Brown", disposable class if something time and money is not invested in these people. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:54 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,825 times
We know that most of the current population growth comes from illegal immigration and their offspring.

So, it certainly has to count!

Hopefully, I'll be dead by the time America changes that radically. Sigh....

Old 08-14-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
We know that most of the current population growth comes from illegal immigration and their offspring.

So, it certainly has to count!

Hopefully, I'll be dead by the time America changes that radically. Sigh....
Because your obviously a WAY more credible source

Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,499 times
Are there many Californian Americans living in Tijuana? Like, for the cheaper housing, so is there somewhat a meshing of American and Mexican around that border region?
What is the Tijuana lifestyle like, anybody know?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamachita View Post
Are there many Californian Americans living in Tijuana? Like, for the cheaper housing, so is there somewhat a meshing of American and Mexican around that border region?
What is the Tijuana lifestyle like, anybody know?
There's only two words do describe Tijuana and other border cities: Dirty and ugly.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
The article used the term "immigrant" broadly. Here are the exact words from the article:

There is one, and tremendous problem I see with this. We know that minorities, or non-dominant groups as the article stated to discuss race and ethnicity, do not do the best in schools. Mainly Blacks and Hispanics. Neighborhoods where non-dominant races are a majority, usually have low test scores and high crime rates. If these people become the majority, America will have a new face. A possibly low educated, "Black and Brown", disposable class if something time and money is not invested in these people. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Remember in all fairness that not all Hispanics are Mestizo; some are actually 'White'. Too, the birthrate within the total 'Hispanic' community has plummeted dramatically in the last few years-------to the point that California had to revise downward its projected population growth rate.

As for Blacks; they are actually a diminishing minority between higher death rates (which are falling into line with all other ethnicities), low birth rates as well as growing levels of intermarriage in which the children oftentimes do not self identify as 'Black'.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
There's only two words do describe Tijuana and other border cities: Dirty and ugly.
Sad and you are correct.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember in all fairness that not all Hispanics are Mestizo; some are actually 'White'. Too, the birthrate within the total 'Hispanic' community has plummeted dramatically in the last few years-------to the point that California had to revise downward its projected population growth rate.

As for Blacks; they are actually a diminishing minority between higher death rates (which are falling into line with all other ethnicities), low birth rates as well as growing levels of intermarriage in which the children oftentimes do not self identify as 'Black'.
I really never said they were. I was referencing the article. I think the message the article was trying to portray is that most whites are older, dying, and the younger white generation is not having nearly as many kids. And also, the "multi-racial" population is also expected to grow by double or triple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration