Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That's a whole other topic which really doesn't belong in this thread.

Israel has no problem implanting their citizens illegally in their neighbors' territory to a degree only matched in the nightmares of the most rabid anti-illegal people and the dreams of the most extreme Aztlanists, i.e. pushing their own poor population into their neighbor's territory and walling off the citizens of their neighbor, allowing only Israeli citizens to use designated roads, interfering with transportation and trade conducted by citizens of said territory, etc.
Is their wall effective? Yes, indeed it is. I cite Israel as a First World, non-dictatorship, noncommunist country that has effectively used a wall to secure their border. I do not care one way or another what your feelings about the political situation are.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,377 times
Quote:
That's a whole other topic which really doesn't belong in this thread.

Israel has no problem implanting their citizens illegally in their neighbors' territory to a degree only matched in the nightmares of the most rabid anti-illegal people and the dreams of the most extreme Aztlanists, i.e. pushing their own poor population into their neighbor's territory and walling off the citizens of their neighbor, allowing only Israeli citizens to use designated roads, interfering with transportation and trade conducted by citizens of said territory, etc.
Mexico has been dumping it's poor population on the US for years. Where is your outrage over that?

Old 08-20-2009, 06:46 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,693,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Mexico has been dumping it's poor population on the US for years. Where is your outrage over that?
I was making a comparison between what Israel does and what Mexico does. There are some similarities, except that Israel goes a great deal farther than Mexico in doing those things.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,226,292 times
Quote:
I was making a comparison between what Israel does and what Mexico does. There are some similarities, except that Israel goes a great deal farther than Mexico in doing those things.
And we need to copy/paste Israel's way of securing its borders.

PS: I am not Jewish and some of Israel's policies irk me as well.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:28 PM

138 posts, read 288,102 times
It's happening as we speak, look how many laws never come about or are changed because of pressure from the Latino community on politicians.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:33 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,226,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngar99 View Post
It's happening as we speak, look how many laws never come about or are changed because of pressure from the Latino community on politicians.
The pendulum is starting to swing against the illegal aliens and their enablers as well--------apparently, punishment (or even the strong threat of) against the latter is starting to make life very uncomfortable for the former.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM

530 posts, read 1,134,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When considering the US government's failure to drastically reduce the influx of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and the high fertility rates of Mexican women, both legal and illegal, will our country eventually be taken over by Mexicans and Hispanics? Their population is increasing at an alarming rate and many of the illegal Mexican immigrants probably have no desire to integrate into society or consider themselves American.

Once they become a racial majority, will racial tension increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, Asians etc? I honestly fear that once they become the overwhelming racial majority in California they'll feel more loyal to Mexico and try to succede from the US. Afterwards, racial tension will be on the rise and California will become a racial war zone followed by Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and possibly the rest of the US.

Racial tensions broke out between Hispanics and blacks in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school so will it eventually happen in the US once they become the racial majority?

Does anyone think this will occur? (I'm honestly scared that this could be possible)
Hello! I totally understand your question. I reside in Los Angeles myself actually Hollywood. And I feel like a lot of Los Angeles is a third world nation. Yes your question crosses my mind on a daily basis while I am drivng through the city and see all the filth. the disrespect.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
OK, I'm not trying to insult you, but these people actually do think that someday, they will take over the western United States. Just look up Aztlan. Also, on a youtube video, there were some crazy people in LA at one of their stupid rallies holding up a sign reading 'THIS IS OUR CONTINENT, NOT YOURS!" Notice the word continent. So basically, these illegals are no longer just interested in the Southwest, but they want Canada and Alaska, too! It is unbelievable.

I'm not saying its going to happen, it's just that these people can actually come to a country illegally, supposedly looking for a "better life" and then shove these signs in our faces, knowing we can't do anythign about it, because it is, after all, freedom of speech.
YeAH and the funny thing is that they want to take over but what they have not realized is that IF they did take over then they have no one to foot their bills. LOL

Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 PM

They want to take over America, but they want us Americans to support them?????

Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM

138 posts, read 288,102 times
Quote:
nd id say that Israelis are more constructive than mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration