Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:59 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
If you are talking about illegal immigrants, they basically are here for job opportunitites which basically affects the "Sun Belt" most places like California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida have already been taking over by illegal immigrants, places I would never live. Then again several hundred years ago those states were part of Spanish America, we might as well give it back.
That's an interesting perspective. Perhaps if the media and politicians realized that then they'd have to create another smokescreen eh

Old 06-21-2008, 01:23 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
What do you mean "can" be? Most of our "hispanics" are actually mestizos, which is a mixture of European white Spaniard descent and Native American descent. My community is over 40% Hispanic and not only do a solid majority of them hold college degrees and maintain high incomes, but they also come from white, Mestizo, black, and even Asian ethnic backgrounds, but are considered "Hispanic" because of their native country of birth.
The term Hispanic, historically, is (or I guess I should say was) used to describe the people who came from Hispania, which in case you did not know, is now modern day Spain and Portugal. Way back in the day Hisapnia was a part of the Roman Empire and thus when Spain (and to a lesser extent, Portugal) began colonizing other regions of the planet, most notably South America, that the region became known as Latin America and the people as Hispanics (although Hispanic was more or less a reference to the language) So, if someone wants to tell me that Spain and Portugal are not a part of Europe, my original point stands.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:35 PM

763 posts, read 3,531,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Maybe in sheer numbers, but as long as they reject integration/assimilation, they will always be confined to the realms of blue-collar in America ...at least in Los Angeles.
Well in Miami, the Hispanics range from the bottom to the top. Again, you can't just think the Mexicans in the Southwest when you think Hispanic. In Miami, you've got CEO's, lawyers, architects, doctors, politicians, etc. that are Hispanic. A lot of Hispanics in Florida, especially around Miami are very, very wealthy. Most of the Hispanics in Miami are from South America, whereas the rest of the country has mostly Mexicans. Big difference.

I'd also like to point out that Hispanic is not a race. A Hispanic can be Asian, White, Mestizo, Black, etc. Let's not forget that a lot if not most South Americans, are originally from Europe. Caribbeans tend to originally from Africa, but there are also a lot from Europe. People from Central America and Mexico tend to be either from Europe or the majority, Mestizo.

Hispanics are diverse in all shapes and sizes and come from all over the world.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
We should get those kids from Red Dawn to fight all them darn Hispanics.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
I love it when people want to say Mexican but think it's more PC to say Hispanic.

OK Folks, an illegal alien from Mexico is a Mexican national so it's PC as heck to call them Mexicans. Mexicans are both Latino and Hispanic but all Latinos are not Mexican and all Hispanics are not Latino. Calling a US born Latino a Mexican is also a mistake because they are US citizens.

Though the vast majority of Mexicans are in deed Hispanic, less than about 1/4 of the Hispanics in the world are Mexican. It may come as a surprise but less than half the Hispanics in the world are either Latino or Mexican!
A huge percentage of the Latinos are blonde and blue-eyed. They look.....like me.

If you're worried that you will lose your country to Hispanics you're about 400 years too late.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM

6 posts, read 32,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam721 View Post
Ok Derrado thousands of americans do die from getting killed and accidents. They could be considered a threat if people are getting killed by them. nd most of my stats are from shows like Lou dobbs, glenn beck, etc.
I thought maybe if I prompted some answers, it would give you a chance to justify your opinion in some way, or present some decent statistics.

You made even less sense the second time around. I guess I should ignore you like everyone else had, because you seem to be unable to make a point other than that you are prejudiced and xenophobic and perhaps a little too naive.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When considering the US government's failure to drastically reduce the influx of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and the high fertility rates of Mexican women, both legal and illegal, will our country eventually be taken over by Mexicans and Hispanics? Their population is increasing at an alarming rate and many of the illegal Mexican immigrants probably have no desire to integrate into society or consider themselves American.

Once they become a racial majority, will racial tension increase between Hispanics and whites, blacks, Asians etc? I honestly fear that once they become the overwhelming racial majority in California they'll feel more loyal to Mexico and try to succede from the US. Afterwards, racial tension will be on the rise and California will become a racial war zone followed by Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and possibly the rest of the US.

Racial tensions broke out between Hispanics and blacks in a Hispanic-dominated Los Angeles high school so will it eventually happen in the US once they become the racial majority?

Does anyone think this will occur? (I'm honestly scared that this could be possible)
Hispanics taking over? As long as high academic achievement is not the top priority, I would say absolutely not.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 PM

214 posts, read 1,061,212 times
Look I am not xenophobic at all I just have been affected by illegal immigration before but I will answer your questions. These two sites have the stats I was talking about I don`t know how to provide links but these are there names. http;//clatsop.northoreagon.com/2006/11/28/Illegal Aliens murder 12 americans daily.
http;//www.rasmusen.com/x/2007/06/29/illegal immigrants cause 21% of crime.
These are really eye opening statistics and our gov`t isn`t doing anything about it. I never said hipanics they do great things for the economy but illegals dont and thats what I said they get all kinds of services but dont pay for them.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM

362 posts, read 1,057,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Most American ancesters were all illegal, "they" just made laws to make themselves legal. Race tension is throughout history. I'm sure the government could stop them it they wanted, but somebody is probably getting a kick-back so let whatever happen happen

What about the illegal Irish, German, Russians, etc? This is America and it belongs to all. America is a latin term, don't forget! I'm a Mexican-American, and just as American as you white people, and probably have lighter skin, hah. These threads are annoying!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:22 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
What about the illegal Irish, German, Russians, etc? This is America and it belongs to all. America is a latin term, don't forget! I'm a Mexican-American, and just as American as you white people, and probably have lighter skin, hah. These threads are annoying!
now that is ignorant. yes, America (refering to the US) is made up of only white people, and so is Mexico, according to you? Smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration