Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;291199
Oh sure they will NEVER be able to change even their own country because they are not proud enough of themselves. Each person cares only about himself and his family but not his own countrys men. They are just simply selfish, that's what it is dude.
How do I begin with this political incorrectness?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 09:18 AM

16 posts, read 17,267 times
Default You Are Not The Only One

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Someone tell me where I can move that the illegals have not took over.
They devaluate the property here, they stand in huddles waiting on work or whatever.
My wife is scared to go in the local market, she says they stare and make comments.
My high schoolers can't get part time jobs, they are taken.
I could go on and on, but I have had enough and just want to move.
I KNOW. We suffer this much but still some nobrains and noprides send me mean and insane lips about my comments. They fail to just comprehend what's really happening to this country. Will you read my other comments that I wrote? I think you'll like them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hold on.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM

271 posts, read 83,348 times
There is a huge difference in the actions of illegal versus legal immagrants in this country. My husband is Mexican-American. His Grandparents brought his father to the US (legally!) as a child. They have a great life here and work hard and are every bit as "American" as other people who are here legally. If that were the way it was done all the time there wouldn't be as many issues as there are. Being in the SW I know quite a few of both groups, mainly from Mexico, and as far as they go, it seems that you can usually tell by their actions. Americans work and generally bust their butts to take care of themselves, pay lots of taxes and insurance and other things that help America as a whole including poor people. Whether or not they are born here. People here illegally don't seem to try or want to do any of these things. I have a lot of respect for people who come here legally to seek a better life (no matter where they are from), however how can I be expected to have respect for someone who chooses to break the law every day? I also don't have respect for Americans who break the law every day by driving without insurance, stealing, doing drugs, or any of the other things that "we" do. If someone wants to try to demand respect they should get themselves in order to deserve it. And if you agree with people coming here illegally, do you also agree with other ways to break the law or get around the system?

Old 01-20-2007, 11:32 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;291374
how can I be expected to have respect for someone who chooses to break the law every day?
Someone crossing the border illegaly at a point in time, does not deem them breaking the law everday. A robber could rob my house, and I couldn't claim he's breaking the law everyday since he committed that act. The rest of your quote brands illegal immigrants with generalizations and stereotype, when you haven't met 99.99999% percent of them.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:39 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaecamp View Post
There is a huge difference in the actions of illegal versus legal immagrants in this country. My husband is Mexican-American. His Grandparents brought his father to the US (legally!) as a child. They have a great life here and work hard and are every bit as "American" as other people who are here legally. If that were the way it was done all the time there wouldn't be as many issues as there are. Being in the SW I know quite a few of both groups, mainly from Mexico, and as far as they go, it seems that you can usually tell by their actions. Americans work and generally bust their butts to take care of themselves, pay lots of taxes and insurance and other things that help America as a whole including poor people. Whether or not they are born here. People here illegally don't seem to try or want to do any of these things. I have a lot of respect for people who come here legally to seek a better life (no matter where they are from), however how can I be expected to have respect for someone who chooses to break the law every day? I also don't have respect for Americans who break the law every day by driving without insurance, stealing, doing drugs, or any of the other things that "we" do. If someone wants to try to demand respect they should get themselves in order to deserve it. And if you agree with people coming here illegally, do you also agree with other ways to break the law or get around the system?
THANK YOU, If more would understand!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Someone crossing the border illegaly at a point in time, does not deem them breaking the law everday.
Yes it does. If someone crosses the border illegally and remains in the US they are here in violation of US immigration law and therefore 'breaking the law everyday'. The simple act of crossing the border illegally does not somehow make someone's presence in the US legal.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I have never said I hated them, just what they do i know plenty of legal hispanics that have my upmost respect. I would do anything for my family as well, but would NEVER expect people to pay for my ride or expect people to change in order to accomidate me or my family. I would assimulate and do what I needed to do to get work and pay my dues.
It's the AMERICAN way!! Some people think this is a selfish out look. What you do it yourself without any help from the government or taxpayers!!! Go Figure!!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:49 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Yes it does. If someone crosses the border illegally and remains in the US they are here in violation of US immigration law and therefore 'breaking the law everyday'. The simple act of crossing the border illegally does not somehow make someone's presence in the US legal.
If I break into a house at 11:30 PM and still there 1 hour later, did I rebreak the law since it is a new day? No, it means I'm in continued violation of law which I initially broke. So the illegal immigrant is not breaking the law again each day they are here, they are in continual violation of the law by remaining illegally. So yes, they are still here illegally but technically not breaking the same law again because a new day started.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:55 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
Make the 2008 a vote on illegal migration. If that is your main concern, then you won't be voting for Hillary Clinton, Obama, McCain, Edwards, or any of those who are currently declaring themselves in the running. Hillary blows with the political winds, is a carpetbagger, and is all too happy to about-face. No convictions. Obama has apparently a much more interesting background that will emerge with his presidential ambitions announced, including being educated four years at an Islamic madras (school), along with his use of cocaine. McCain is a fake conservative and a mimic of Bush. He's for amnesty. Edwards hasn't made his views known in detail on the subject, but has no weight.
The only possible contender who would make it a priority to gain control of the borders and work with Congress to stop illegal migration into the U.S., efficiently patrol and control our borders, and enforce U.S. law regarding illegal migration and hold employers of illegals accountable would be Tom Tancredo of Colorado. Whether he will run or not remains to be seen.
However, most of the people who rant against illegals keep voting for people who will do nothing about it.
If it's such a big issue to them, they will have to vote the issue. It's a big issue to me, more than Iraq. I'm a Democrat and if Tancredo runs and wins the Republican nomination, he's my vote.

Last edited by MoMark; 01-20-2007 at 12:08 PM..

Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
How many have you personally talked too is what I want to know, not one that I have talked to has said anything any where near that, I am sure it has been said by the few and the loudest, that may be what you have more dealings with than I but the ones I know are not going around saying or implying such things, start talking to them and see for your self what they want, don't use the excuse you can't speak Spanish or they do not speak English, you will be able to communicate.
I do believe their are honest ones that just want to work. But, how do we tell the difference when they are coming by the thousands and our system can not handle all of this at once. Do you have plenty of millions stocked away for your future because, Social Security will be gone.
Some one mentioned on a thread they pay taxes how can they if they are illegal? There's no record and some are stealing identity's is this fair to the AMERICAN CITIZEN weather brown,black or white that has paid his whole life into and now it's going to be gone?
They were reporting that Mexico doesn't even keep track of their citizens if they are born,die, divorced, in the land, out of the land. So, where will their money go from here if they are collecting welfare.
I'm sorry but, the last time I checked I was standing on American soil they need to speak English even if they are just trying at least I will see effort and would be glad to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration