Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,592,276 times

Advertisements

A sanctuary ordinance in San Francisco is protecting young drug dealers from federal deportation in what a U.S. prosecutor is calling a "gaming of the system" for illegal immigrants.
The San Francisco Juvenile Probation Department has been shipping underage crack dealers to group homes in an effort to shield them from the feds under the city's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance, which prohibits city employees from informing Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents of illegal immigrants.

So the Free Republic of San Fransisco is condoning drug dealing on its streets! Why not, they condone everything else that is anti-social and counter-culture!

FOXNews.com - Drug Dealers Going Free Under San Francisco Sanctuary Law - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,748,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
A sanctuary ordinance in San Francisco is protecting young drug dealers from federal deportation in what a U.S. prosecutor is calling a "gaming of the system" for illegal immigrants.
The San Francisco Juvenile Probation Department has been shipping underage crack dealers to group homes in an effort to shield them from the feds under the city's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance, which prohibits city employees from informing Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents of

So the Free Republic of San Fransisco is condoning drug dealing on its streets! Why not, they condone everything else that is anti-social and counter-culture!
Very interesting, Steve

Not wanting to sound uncaring and harsh but isn't it strange that the leaders of San Francisco as well as the entire State of California feel "independent" and not obligated to respect or honor the laws of this country but as soon as they have a problem (Fires or Earthquakes, for example) . . . they immediately cry for HELP and MONEY plus lots of SYMPATHY from the Federal Government.

HOW CONVENIENT! ! ! ! !

Old 07-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very interesting, Steve

Not wanting to sound uncaring and harsh but isn't it strange that the leaders of San Francisco as well as the entire State of California feel "independent" and not obligated to respect or honor the laws of this country but as soon as they have a problem (Fires or Earthquakes, for example) . . . they immediately cry for HELP and MONEY plus lots of SYMPATHY from the Federal Government.

HOW CONVENIENT! ! ! ! !
I have long advocated that California be granted independence from the Union and be allowed to become "The Independent Republic of California"! "Awnold the Governator" can become the first President or Monarch, whatever seems more appropriate for "The Independent Republic of California". When they become TIRC (rhymes with "jerk!), they can print their own worthless money on hemp paper (not a bad idea!); the marijuana plant will be their cash crop and the symbol on their flag; and the US treasury will have one less "peoples commune" suckling at the teat of the US taxpayers! Of course, the Capitol will be the Uber-Republic of San Fransisco!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
I have long advocated that California be granted independence from the Union and be allowed to become "The Independent Republic of California"! "Awnold the Governator" can become the first President or Monarch, whatever seems more appropriate for "The Independent Republic of California". When they become TIRC (rhymes with "jerk!), they can print their own worthless money on hemp paper (not a bad idea!); the marijuana plant will be their cash crop and the symbol on their flag; and the US treasury will have one less "peoples commune" suckling at the teat of the US taxpayers! Of course, the Capitol will be the Uber-Republic of San Fransisco!
Easy there:

Most of what afflicts California seems to be a SF thing------till recently, SoCal was 'normal'

Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Easy there:

Most of what afflicts California seems to be a SF thing------till recently, SoCal was 'normal'
OK, AB, if you say so....

Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Easy there:

Speaking as an ex-trucker, I never thought of SoCal, and especially Orange County, to be anything close to "normal"!

Last edited by Steve Hazzard; 07-01-2008 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Edit text.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Speaking as an ex-trucker, I never thought of SoCal, and especially Orange County, to be anything close to "normal"!
To you and GuyP:

The last time I spent more than 24 hours in SoCal was 1989 so I suspect things have changed since then------for worse.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,759,536 times
Quote:
Orange County is a Republican strong hold, very conservative, and except for towns like Anaheim, Santana( Santa Ana), and a couple others very White and Asian.
If thats what you mean by normal, anyways.

I love California. Probably will never be able to buy a house, probably will spend half my life in traffic, but I love it here. Doubt Ill be one of those fleeing for Phoenix or Vegas.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
To you and GuyP:

The last time I spent more than 24 hours in SoCal was 1989 so I suspect things have changed since then------for worse.
My last time in SoCal was in 1992 and things were a bit "hinky" then! I can't imagine that the situation has improved in the intervening 16 years!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:40 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,759,536 times
Quote:
My last time in SoCal was in 1992 and things were a bit "hinky" then! I can't imagine that the situation has improved in the intervening 16 years!
Things have gotten a lot better since 1992, which to me was probably the worst year in recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration