Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Now I am no rape expert, but is that true?
Even if they are both underage, ages 15-19, and both consented to it?

I thought that depended on state law and still was not considered rape, I would betcha we have a lot of rapes going on then.
The "age of consent" is between 16-18, depending on the state. So, yes, there would be a lot of rapes going on. It doesn't matter if both consented - if the girl's parents (for example) find out about the "rape", they can put the boy (or man) in jail. Usually, they either don't know (if there is no pregnancy), or they don't care, apparently.

In fact, there was a kid a few years ago who filmed (WHY do these dumb kids FILM things??) himself having sex with a girl who was 15 - he's still in jail - 10-year sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a person whose race has been plagued by the ugliness of stereotypes for hundreds of years, I can certainly appreciate the feelings of Hispanics in response to stories such as this. That being said, I really don’t believe this woman’s story was posted for the express purpose of maligning Mexicans or specifically Mexican men. Rather, I believe it was intended to illustrate one element of the menace we are forced to endure from our porous borders, and lack of enforcement of our immigration laws.

I read stories on a daily basis of heinous crimes being committed by illegal aliens; many of which are perpetrated against teenagers and defenseless children. Some are so disturbing that simply based on the title, I opt not to read. I have to daily remind myself that these deplorable acts are not representative of the vast majority of illegal aliens. I also have to remind myself that although there are millions of illegal aliens residing in our country in flagrant violation of our laws, a distinction must be made between the “average” illegal and the vile reprobates; not to absolve them, but to separate them from an undeserving characterization.

I cringe each time I see a news report of a black person involved in criminal behavior. Why? Because I know it is simply another nail in the coffin of the black stereotype. Stereotypes are one of the most insidious evils to be ascribed to a group of people, and once firmly established, are virtually impervious. All members of the stereotyped group are burdened and suffer for the negative behavior of a few.

I have spent the majority of my life fighting to dispel negative black stereotypes. I did all of the “right” things…..excelled in school, earned degrees, exemplary employee, paid my bills, paid my taxes, instilled values in my son, etc., etc., etcetera. Notwithstanding my efforts, the stark reality is, I will always be judged in accordance with the prevailing perception of my race. If anything, I will be considered the exception, rather than the norm; when the reality is, I am neither.

In reality, Black Americans are as diverse as any other race/ethnicity. We are not all good, and we are not all bad. We are not all educated, and we are not all ignorant. Sadly, we are all judged by the actions of a few. One has only to visit Politics and Other Controversies here at City Data to experience the rabid perpetuation of black stereotypes. Since joining City Data, there has not been one single day without an open “Black” thread, of which the vast majority are posted by latent racists to deprecate Black America……. “Why Can’t Black People _______?” (fill in the blank). Yet, many of the posters who have absolutely no problem with denigrating blacks will condemn a negative post pertaining to illegal immigration as being “racist.”

Supporters of illegal aliens who refuse to differentiate between legal Hispanics and illegal aliens, are unwittingly creating a negative perception in the minds of many non-Hispanic Americans; which is precisely the impetus for the prevalence of equating “Hispanic” with “illegal.” Frequently posters will pose the question: “How do you know they’re illegal?” The answer of course is……you don’t. Likewise, barring an explicit indication, it is impossible to distinguish between a decent black man walking down the street, and one who is intent on robbing you. It’s all a matter of perception.

In their attempt to subjugate the illegal immigration issue, advocates for illegal immigration are in fact pouring the foundation for a negative stereotype which will not be easily abated. IMO, they owe legal Hispanics an apology.

I’m glad this story was posted. Not as an indictment of Mexicans or Hispanics in general. Rather, to underscore the inherent damage created by the deliberate juxtaposing of legal with illegal. When no distinction is made between right and wrong, or good and bad, all are viewed as one.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

That is a fine explanation Benicar, however, even though I have read threads that can be offensive to Black people, the one thing not present is a "Black" Forum. Unlike the "Pseudo-Hispanic" forum we have here.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
So you have nothing to corroborate your claims. You see on a forum you need to backup what you say otherwise it is BS.
Sorry the explanation doesn't suit you, I cannot provide data that has deliberately been negated. No matter what myself or anyone else posts to back up the TRUTH you will deny it. But it's not like I expected a different response given the source. Again, I can post stories all day long with links from various MSM sources, blogs and individual victims and you would still sit in the corner with you thumb in your mouth shaking your head in denial.

Denial is not a river in Egypt, nor the US and it will never trump reality.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Supporters of illegal aliens who refuse to differentiate between legal Hispanics and illegal aliens, are unwittingly creating a negative perception in the minds of many non-Hispanic Americans; which is precisely the impetus for the prevalence of equating “Hispanic” with “illegal.” Frequently posters will pose the question: “How do you know they’re illegal?” The answer of course is……you don’t. Likewise, barring an explicit indication, it is impossible to distinguish between a decent black man walking down the street, and one who is intent on robbing you. It’s all a matter of perception.

In their attempt to subjugate the illegal immigration issue, advocates for illegal immigration are in fact pouring the foundation for a negative stereotype which will not be easily abated. IMO, they owe legal Hispanics an apology.
ITA once again you speak truth to power Benicar. Those who advocate illegal entry and a path to citizenship aka AMNESTY are as guilty as those who break and enter and continue to commit criminal acts on American soil until they are finally caught, arrested and deported. Whether it's welfare fraud, conceiving in order to deceive in the name of citizenship and benefits, rape, gang activity or identity theft, water seeks its own level and the advocates are just as guilty as their constituents.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
That is a fine explanation Benicar, however, even though I have read threads that can be offensive to Black people, the one thing not present is a "Black" Forum. Unlike the "Pseudo-Hispanic" forum we have here.
Which is precisely my point. This is an immigration forum; however, due to the current situation in our country, and the failure to appropriately identify and distinguish between “illegal aliens” and “Hispanics” they are slowly being perceived as one and the same. It is an unfortunate consequence of this issue, and it is a disservice to the millions of decent, hard-working “legal” Hispanics.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:58 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Which is precisely my point. This is an immigration forum; however, due to the current situation in our country, and the failure to appropriately identify and distinguish between “illegal aliens” and “Hispanics” they are slowly being perceived as one and the same. It is an unfortunate consequence of this issue, and it is a disservice to the millions of decent, hard-working “legal” Hispanics.
To me all that proves is that people are very ignorant.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
And: I blame the illegals and their enablers for what is (possibly) going to happen to anybody who looks 'Hispanic' (light brown skin)---------and, I am not just referring to legal Spanish speaking Mestizos either.

I am not proud to admit to it but; my hackles raise whenever I see a bunch of stereotypical Latino looking people----------and, I had no prejudice against the above 40 years ago

Anymore: I prefer to deal with an American Black--------even one that has some 'attitude'.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
To me all that proves is that people are very ignorant.
Unfortunately, what you as an Hispanic are now experiencing, is what blacks have experienced in this country for years. Yes, it's ignorance. Sadly, it's a reality.

This will only worsen, the longer this illegal immigration issue is left unresolved, and the longer illegal aliens are referred to as “immigrants.”

Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And: I blame the illegals and their enablers for what is (possibly) going to happen to anybody who looks 'Hispanic' (light brown skin)---------and, I am not just referring to legal Spanish speaking Mestizos either.

I am not proud to admit to it but; my hackles raise whenever I see a bunch of stereotypical Latino looking people----------and, I had no prejudice against the above 40 years ago

Anymore: I prefer to deal with an American Black--------even one that has some 'attitude'.
Sadly, you are not alone. I am hearing this sentiment expressed everyday. You are totally correct, the illegal alien enablers have created this monster.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
ITA. Those who are legal immigrants should turn the volume up on their voices against illegal immigration, LaRaza, LuLac, the hispanics in government, the ACLU and an endless list of advocates who are demanding blanket amnesty and defending the criminal element of their ethnicity simply because its a common factor.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-11-2008 at 11:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration