Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:42 PM

299 posts, read 548,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Issues concerning their documents are a felony if you are talking about stolen SSNs and forging other documentation.

When are these crimes by illegal immigrants considered "across the line" to you? Is there no end to this insane fascination with illegal immigrants and their "rights" in this country?
Thank you and very well said and the truth!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 05:47 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,276,998 times
My "insane fascination" with illegal immigrants comes from my study of history. Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were countries whose governments took action to deal with people who had been deemed "illegal" or "undesirable." Sometimes it meant exile, sometimes it meant labor camps, sometimes it meant resettlement in other parts of the country. Often it meant death.

The reason why I don't want the U.S. government to act on "illegals" whose only "crime" is falsified documentation is because the hysteria in this country, quite evident by the ignorant and racist members of this forum, could very well lead to my government committing crimes far worse than document forgeries.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 PM

11,887 posts, read 37,005,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
My "insane fascination" with illegal immigrants comes from my study of history. Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were countries whose governments took action to deal with people who had been deemed "illegal" or "undesirable." Sometimes it meant exile, sometimes it meant labor camps, sometimes it meant resettlement in other parts of the country. Often it meant death.

The reason why I don't want the U.S. government to act on "illegals" whose only "crime" is falsified documentation is because the hysteria in this country, quite evident by the ignorant and racist members of this forum, could very well lead to my government committing crimes far worse than document forgeries.

Those governments deemed those people illegal by virtue of their religion or country of origin. Also, those people were already citizens of those countries.

Your argument is invalid because the current crop of illegals in this country are not citizens - they are trying to force their acceptance down the throat of US citizens.

Please, if you want to argue rationally, I'm all for it. Otherwise, it's not worth the time or energy.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,608,222 times
Quote:

You’re worrying needlessly. Our current illegal aliens have been the most coddled “mistreated†people in the history of this country. You are also ignoring the fact that identity theft is not a victimless crime. Countless decent, law-abiding citizens have had their lives ruined by illegal aliens using their SSNs. Apparently that’s irrelevant.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:15 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,276,998 times
Quote:
Those governments deemed those people illegal by virtue of their religion or country of origin. Also, those people were already citizens of those countries.

Your argument is invalid because the current crop of illegals in this country are not citizens - they are trying to force their acceptance down the throat of US citizens.

Please, if you want to argue rationally, I'm all for it. Otherwise, it's not worth the time or energy.
The actions that the U.S. government could potentially take against these people would make their status here irrelevant. Mass deportation of illegals would almost surely involve deportation camps and transport whose conditions would violate any sense of human decency. It's not like you can round up 12 million people and put them on nice airplanes tomorrow.

I don't want the next generation of schoolkids, in America or elsewhere, learning about the deportation of illegals from America and the human rights abuses that accompanied it. We're better than that.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,319,461 times
Quote:

well you are free to withdraw...save you all the time you invest...

Citizen is a recent concept...in general residency was sufficient in most of Europe...and here. Ever check the State Constitutions for the requirement that voters in state elections be US citizens?

While it is now fashionable to require citizenship to vote...it ain't in the State Constitutions...and if you think hard on the relationships between the States and the Federales there is no particular reason the State would require US citizenship.

If a state or city should chose to allow any resident to vote would it violate some law? Don't know but I think not...Anyone got an opposing reference?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,297,348 times
Quote:
The actions that the U.S. government could potentially take against these people would make their status here irrelevant. Mass deportation of illegals would almost surely involve deportation camps and transport whose conditions would violate any sense of human decency. It's not like you can round up 12 million people and put them on nice airplanes tomorrow.

I don't want the next generation of schoolkids, in America or elsewhere, learning about the deportation of illegals from America and the human rights abuses that accompanied it. We're better than that.
Hellooooo? We can't even drill for oil for fear of disrupting the eco-system. I don't think you need to lose too much sleep over the U.S. creating "nazi-like" camps. We have become way too "pc" for things like that and there are enough things in place via our current laws, judicial system, human rights groups, etc. that would make this quite unlikely. If anything, you should be more concerned about whether there will be a United States of America in 50 years.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:44 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
well you are free to withdraw...save you all the time you invest...

Citizen is a recent concept...in general residency was sufficient in most of Europe...and here. Ever check the State Constitutions for the requirement that voters in state elections be US citizens?

While it is now fashionable to require citizenship to vote...it ain't in the State Constitutions...and if you think hard on the relationships between the States and the Federales there is no particular reason the State would require US citizenship.

If a state or city should chose to allow any resident to vote would it violate some law? Don't know but I think not...Anyone got an opposing reference?
olecapt:

Explain that to today's Europe: the EU is tightening down its borders as we speak.

In fact: Italy and Spain have a massive illegal immigration problem themselves-------and, have been requesting help from the rest of the EU in combatting it.

Trust me: the hammer is coming down of those insolent lawbreakers who are here illegally along with their enablers.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:46 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times
Quote:

I take offence that our nation is kowtowing to a bunch of lawbreakers who; all too often, are guilty of Felonies like ID theft, etc.

If Mexico et al do not like it.......Calderon and his lackeys can all go jump into a lake.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,319,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
olecapt:

Explain that to today's Europe: the EU is tightening down its borders as we speak.

In fact: Italy and Spain have a massive illegal immigration problem themselves-------and, have been requesting help from the rest of the EU in combatting it.

Trust me: the hammer is coming down of those insolent lawbreakers who are here illegally along with their enablers.
Dream on - you fairy tailers are all the same. In practice Europe has absorbed their Mexican equivalent. The are now trying to figure how to deal with the Central American equivalents.

Hammer down? Yeah right...There is no fairy tale you guys don't believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration