Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:52 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,597,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
'
I see insisting on more negative terms for illegal immigrants as dehumanizing them.
Immigrant has is too nice of a term for you.
It has to be extremely negative. ALIEN.
It is what it is, amc. Illegal alien is the accepted terminology for a foreign national that violates our sovereignty by crossing our border without permission. That's not MORE negative terms, that's the term that appears in the law books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM

20,365 posts, read 19,975,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
I see this as indicative of what illegal aliens and their handlers are doing across the country to America and it's citizens.

They are not making a good case for themselves with this kind of behavior.

YouTube - Effigy of Sheriff Arpaio beaten - beheaded by Isabel Garcia

Part two; Parading around with severed head;

YouTube - Sheriff Joe Arpaio Protest Part Two - Tucson, AZ 7/10/08
Just the type of people we need here in the US.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,840,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You hit the nail on the head, Doc. Other sovereign nations, who have every right to defend their borders, not only want a 'dowry' up front, but one must prove they can contribute positive to the economy before they are allowed to naturalize. For instance, if I wanted to emigrate to New Zealand (and boy is it tempting after watching this crap) I'd have to have a citizen of that nation pledge 750k to my behalf before I'd be allowed in, in addition to being able to provide a skill to that economy that was deemed valuable. How many displayed in this video can claim either?

I am telling you, I am really starting to tire of this crap. We are under invasion, as far as I am concerned, and I want my borders secured, with "shoot to kill" orders given to CBP, if necessary.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The pro illegal side is becoming more and more strident because their side is losing the battle for public opinion--------big time.

It seems with every piece of legistlation pertaining to cracking down on the illegals and their enablers, the louder their howls.
Bear, with all the debating weve done on this forum, do you honestly seeing me get more "desperate"?

Do you see me paying all that much attention to the legislation, the political part of the debate?

Come on now.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It is what it is, amc. Illegal alien is the accepted terminology for a foreign national that violates our sovereignty by crossing our border without permission. That's not MORE negative terms, that's the term that appears in the law books.
I thought it was undocumented immigrant or undocumented worker.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,597,352 times
Quote:
I thought it was undocumented immigrant or undocumented worker.
There you go 'thinking' again...

Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
There you go 'thinking' again...
try it sometime.

just don't hurt yourself.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
Quote:
'
I see insisting on more negative terms for illegal immigrants as dehumanizing them.
Immigrant has is too nice of a term for you.
It has to be extremely negative. ALIEN.
Yes and they like to call White Americans "Gringos" Now that's negative, racist and perhaps even dehumanizing.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yes and they like to call White Americans "Gringos" Now that's negative, racist and perhaps even dehumanizing.
Gringo pretty much means foreigner. Calling a person "gringo" can be in good fun. I don't know how many people call each "alien" though.
I laugh when White American people call racism. The victim hat isn't a good fit.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:07 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
AMEN, doc!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration