Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,634,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Undocumented immigration will now be considered a minor offense, punishable by fines equal to US$100 to US$500. Illegal immigrants previously faced up to 10 years in prison, though most were simply deported.

Mexican legislators who backed the revision say Mexico’s previous penalties complicated efforts to lobby for better treatment of Mexican immigrants in the U.S.

Activists want more to be done to protect migrants in Mexico, where many are robbed and abused on their way north.

Mexico goes easy on own illegal immigrants :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: World (http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/1066491,mex072108.article - broken link)

What a culture of racist, self absorbed losers.

What are the real implications of Mexico's new policy toward illegal aliens?

I always thought that Mexico was pretty strict on the illegal aliens from Central America, which were after all just passing through on their way north to break into the US, to allow more spaces for their own Mexican nationals to break into the US. It always seemed to me too that our own corrupt and inept el presidente jorge, who always seems to be on the side of Mexico, preferred illegal MEXICAN scabs rather than Central American scabs, because he has been trying to merge Mexico with the US in the NAU.

So if Mexico is going to ease up on illegal aliens breaking in over their southern border and subsequently passing through on their way to breaking into the US, doesn't that mean that we can expect new increased hordes of illegal breaking in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post

I always thought that Mexico was pretty strict on the illegal aliens from Central America, which were after all just passing through on their way north to break into the US, to allow more spaces for their own Mexican nationals to break into the US. It always seemed to me too that our own corrupt and inept el presidente jorge, who always seems to be on the side of Mexico, preferred illegal MEXICAN scabs rather than Central American scabs, because he has been trying to merge Mexico with the US in the NAU.

So if Mexico is going to ease up on illegal aliens breaking in over their southern border and subsequently passing through on their way to breaking into the US, doesn't that mean that we can expect new increased hordes of illegal breaking in?
I doubt it---------things are becoming too risky for illegals at our southern border as it is.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,968,950 times
I DO believe it is motivated by their stance on illegal immigration in regards to the USA. The twist in this is that Mexico is not an attractive destination for any kind of immigrant unless you are from Guatemala, the Honduras, Nicaragua, or Costa Rica.

It will also pave the way for more illegal immigration into the US. They will just figure the $500 cost into the budget of crossing the border into the U.S.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post

Your assessment is dead on. I'm sure they've heard from their "friends" in the US with regards to their inhumane treatment of illegal aliens from other nations.

The Mexican "government" somehow thinks that they (and their people) have special privileges and should have a voice with regards to US laws and policies, including but not limited to citizenship for all its illegal alien nationals who have invaded the US.

For decades their mistreatment of others has gone unchallenged by the US, along with the number of mexican consulates they have been allowed to build in the US. I have a feeling that somebody finally stepped up to the plate and called them on their hypocritcal BS and probably threatened them with a series of other measures that the US plans to take in order to curb illegal immigration from Mexico.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:21 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,759,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I DO believe it is motivated by their stance on illegal immigration in regards to the USA. The twist in this is that Mexico is not an attractive destination for any kind of immigrant unless you are from Guatemala, the Honduras, Nicaragua, or Costa Rica.

It will also pave the way for more illegal immigration into the US. They will just figure the $500 cost into the budget of crossing the border into the U.S.
But then again, there is a sizeable Asian population in Mexico, and a large number of European immigrants from the last few decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration