Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Wait OP, so who are you trying to blame here? The Government, that they do nothing to solve the problem? Or the immigrants for being here?
I blame both... I also blame state and local gov for not doing their share. I blame any politician that supports sanctuary laws. I blame any employer from corporations to homeowners who hire them because they are too cheap to pay the going rate.
I blame anyone who knowingly tolerates an illegal working in their town.
No I don't hate illegals. But I do hate what they do. I do hate their attitudes about our laws are for everyone else and that special exceptions should be made for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.
We should, and are, voicing our opposition to both illegal aliens, and the government. A significant number of illegal immigration opponents are also activists. Some are more actively involved than others; nevertheless, most are doing much more to combat this invasion than merely posting on internet forums.

Many regular posters (including myself) were instrumental in shutting down the Senate switchboards. It is through the hard work, dedication, and sacrifices of many U.S. citizens that amnesty legislation has been defeated. Sadly, it requires scrutinizing all proposed bills in Congress due to the deceptive tactics of our so-called representatives. They have been known to try to sneak piecemeal amnesty into seemingly extraneous legislation. Fortunately, they have thus far failed in their attempts.

The question was legitimate; not that I actually expected a declaration of illegal status. We do have illegal aliens posting on this forum, so I was simply curious. They call themselves “Dreamies” on other forums. Here, they remain incognito, understandably.

BTW, how was your descent? I hope it was a smooth journey. Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,484,616 times
Quote:
Your right, we shouldn't have this burden. But we do, and we keep paying while the Government does nothing. Who should we be protesting against, directly the illegal immigrants or the Government? The Government.

And no I'm not a legal resident, I descended from heaven and was thrust upon this earth to set forth common ground and inject logic into the feeble minded.
Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings....

Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hhahahaha, be prepared to be accused on several occasions of being an illegal immigrant or an "anchor baby". Some of these people can't seem to get it through their heads that not every American suscribes to their strong hate towards illegal immigrants, they forget that Americans nominated candidates posters on here call "pro-illegal" and "traitors" . I guess it just hasn't clicked for them yet.

Again, great answer to such a stupid question.
Are you so naive that you don’t realize how both pro-illegal candidates were selected? Do you not realize the power of CFR, the corporate elite (including the MSM) and special interest lobbyists? Do you not understand the power of money?

If illegal immigration were not an important issue for the majority of legal citizens of this country, do you actually think the states would be enacting tough anti-illegal immigration legislation? Keep believing it’s irrelevant. In any case, it doesn’t matter who our next president is, there will be no amnesty. El Presidente Bush was also a so-called amnesty proponent. What happened? Every amnesty-laden bill has been defeated.

We've had this discussion many times, blacknight. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that they don’t actually want amnesty. Amnesty to the illegal immigration profiteers is tantamount to the abolition of slavery to the plantation owners. The government and the corporate elite need a steady flow of cheap “illegal” labor to compete against China. They’re only exploitable and profitable, as long as they’re illegal. If illegal aliens are granted amnesty it would defeat the purpose…..the ‘slaves’ would be freed.

My question to our newbie was not stupid. You know darn well there are illegal aliens (Dreamies) posting on this forum; so you can cut the self-righteous indignation. I realize you Dreamies think you are “Americans” and don’t like to think about your illegal status. I also know you’re praying for the passage of the DREAM Act, but you need to start dealing with reality. If you actually believed in the legitimacy of your cause, you would be able to defend it, and you wouldn’t restrict your site by banning all opposition. You don’t want opposition because you know you have no substantive arguments.

The regular posters here to not “hate” illegals, and you know it. We hate what illegal immigration has done to our country. Big difference. Stop trying to paint us as haters, racists, xenophobes, and nativists. It’s not working.

CFR Members

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you so naive that you don’t realize how both pro-illegal candidates were selected? Do you not realize the power of CFR, the corporate elite (including the MSM) and special interest lobbyists? Do you not understand the power of money?

If illegal immigration were not an important issue for the majority of legal citizens of this country, do you actually think the states would be enacting tough anti-illegal immigration legislation? Keep believing it’s irrelevant. In any case, it doesn’t matter who our next president is, there will be no amnesty. El Presidente Bush was also a so-called amnesty proponent. What happened? Every amnesty-laden bill has been defeated.

We've had this discussion many times, blacknight. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that they don’t actually want amnesty. Amnesty to the illegal immigration profiteers is tantamount to the abolition of slavery to the plantation owners. The government and the corporate elite need a steady flow of cheap “illegal” labor to compete against China. They’re only exploitable and profitable, as long as they’re illegal. If illegal aliens are granted amnesty it would defeat the purpose…..the ‘slaves’ would be freed.

My question to our newbie was not stupid. You know darn well there are illegal aliens (Dreamies) posting on this forum; so you can cut the self-righteous indignation. I realize you Dreamies think you are “Americans” and don’t like to think about your illegal status. I also know you’re praying for the passage of the DREAM Act, but you need to start dealing with reality. If you actually believed in the legitimacy of your cause, you would be able to defend it, and you wouldn’t restrict your site by banning all opposition. You don’t want opposition because you know you have no substantive arguments.

The regular posters here to not “hate” illegals, and you know it. We hate what illegal immigration has done to our country. Big difference. Stop trying to paint us as haters, racists, xenophobes, and nativists. It’s not working.

CFR Members
Excellent post and ITA with all that you have said. The house of cards is tumbling one state at a time.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,673 times
Quote:

CFR Members
LOL, there we go again with the CFR and NAU and UFO'S.

Btw, the last time i checked i didn't own or have a site. LOL( you guys are so paranoid) Some of you accuse EVERY single poster who doesn't have your point of view as being an illegal immigrant or an anchor baby and you need to stop that, it's not working.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,295,712 times
Quote:

This explains a lot. I notice that almost all the posters blasting people who champion initiatives to fight illegal immigration are either not a legal resident themselves, have family and friends here that are not legal, or are ancestry to Mexico (or have close ties to the country) or other countries with high immigrant populations here. Just a thought that the bias may sometimes supercede logic.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, there we go again with the CFR and NAU and UFO'S.

Btw, the last time i checked i didn't own or have a site. LOL( you guys are so paranoid) Some of you accuse EVERY single poster who doesn't have your point of view as being an illegal immigrant or an anchor baby and you need to stop that, it's not working.
It is certainly your prerogative not to believe in the power of the CFR, the reality of the NAU, or anything you choose. I didn’t mention anything remotely related to UFO’s.

I didn’t say you “owned” the site, did I? You post here and you don’t own this. How is it being paranoid to state a fact? There ARE Dreamies posting here. If you’re not one, it doesn’t apply to you.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,933,279 times
Quote:

Speaking of alien life forms and UFOs!!!

Old 07-26-2008, 07:25 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times
Quote:
It is certainly your prerogative not to believe in the power of the CFR, the reality of the NAU, or anything you choose. I didn’t mention anything remotely related to UFO’s.

I didn’t say you “owned” the site, did I? You post here and you don’t own this. How is it being paranoid to state a fact? There ARE Dreamies posting here. If you’re not one, it doesn’t apply to you.

Me thinks they doeth protest too much, yet another diversion from reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration