Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You are so right AMC and it is scary to think that all of this frustration and anger is growing. When a person is devalued as a human being whether you are against illegals or as we are called Pro illegals, only because we see them as human beings looking for a better life, they still not illegal to me for coming here to hopefully have that chance. I have met many "illegals", have talked to many (some do speak English) and have never met one that was anything but thankful, that someone would give them water and some food.
I do agree with you on how blacks were discriminated and now the Mexicans have taken their place. I also agree with you that not all of the anti illegals are as hate filled as their counterparts, it just seems so foreign that anyone could really hate to the degree that is on this forum, and to top it off the ones that are against the illegals have as much hate towards us, the ones of us that don't share their attitude.
Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being captured, shackled, and brought to this country by force. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being stripped of their language, culture, and identities -- and forced to become the “property” of U.S. business owners.

Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being forced to relinquish their surnames and adopt the surnames of their U.S. masters. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexican babies being taken from their mothers’ arms and sold to another U.S. corporation. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexican families being separated and sold to various U.S. corporations. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being formally “classified” as “subhuman.” Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being prohibited from reading, or being denied the opportunity for an education.

Please provide evidence of Jim Crow Laws which specifically denied illegal alien Mexicans the right to eat in restaurants, sleep in hotels, drink from water fountains, relieve themselves at public restrooms, or attend integrated public schools.

Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being hosed and attacked by police dogs. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans having their churches bombed and their children killed.

For the sake of brevity, I will end at this point. I await your evidence of the comparable acts of brutality and inhumane treatment of illegal alien Mexicans in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being captured, shackled, and brought to this country by force. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being stripped of their language, culture, and identities -- and forced to become the “property” of U.S. business owners.

Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being forced to relinquish their surnames and adopt the surnames of their U.S. masters. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexican babies being taken from their mothers’ arms and sold to another U.S. corporation. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexican families being separated and sold to various U.S. corporations. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being formally “classified” as “subhuman.” Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being prohibited from reading, or being denied the opportunity for an education.

Please provide evidence of Jim Crow Laws which specifically denied illegal alien Mexicans the right to eat in restaurants, sleep in hotels, drink from water fountains, relieve themselves at public restrooms, or attend integrated public schools.

Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans being hosed and attacked by police dogs. Please provide evidence of illegal alien Mexicans having their churches bombed and their children killed.

For the sake of brevity, I will end at this point. I await your evidence of the comparable acts of brutality and inhumane treatment of illegal alien Mexicans in this country.
BRAVO . . BRAVO . . BRAVO!!!!

Bar far the best analogy and reasoning with regards to the lame comparison of willful illegal alien criminals and their supporters who insist on comparing their self imposed presence, Mexican flag waving, civil rights demanding, taxpayer funded educated, housing subsidized, foodstamp, usurping, drug and gun toting, child molesting, identity thieving, unlicensed drunk driving murdering, lawless presence to that of the plight of Black slaves.

There are no words for the lengths they go to in order to justify their criminality.

I'm sure their reply will be: *CRICKETS*

Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
BRAVO . . BRAVO . . BRAVO!!!!

Bar far the best analogy and reasoning with regards to the lame comparison of willful illegal alien criminals and their supporters who insist on comparing their self imposed presence, Mexican flag waving, civil rights demanding, taxpayer funded educated, housing subsidized, foodstamp, usurping, drug and gun toting, child molesting, identity thieving, unlicensed drunk driving murdering, lawless presence to that of the plight of Black slaves.

There are no words for the lengths they go to in order to justify their criminality.

I'm sure their reply will be: *CRICKETS*
Thanks, JDubsMom!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:

Not quite shackled but Sex slaves from all over the world are brought to this country illegally and forced into brothels.

Before the jim crow laws were taken out of place, like Blacks, Mexicans were also hanged by the KKK, they were barred from entering certain places, and out right discriminated against. After the chattel slavery of Blacks was made illegal, other non-black minorities went through similar struggles like the Blacks.

Numerous instances have happened to people, not just illegal mexicans.

While many inhumanities discussed did not particularly address the "illegals" of the Mexican crowds, I'm pretty sure a legal Mexican and an illegal faced similar struggles in their life in the U.S.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
While many inhumanities discussed did not particularly address the "illegals" of the Mexican crowds, I'm pretty sure a legal Mexican and an illegal faced similar struggles in their life in the U.S.
What?!

You cannot be serious!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What?!

You cannot be serious!
You disagree? You think the legal Mexican immigrants were treated much better? How did people tell the difference?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:

Excellent post, and I would rep you if I could.

The fact is that the US has caused many hurts to the ancestors to its citizens. Hopefully, we are addressing those hurts and are beginning to heal from them. But to compare the experiences of illegal immigrants to the American black experience is just....ridiculous. They may as well try to compare a raid on a Hormel plant to the Wounded Knee massacre.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
You disagree? You think the legal Mexican immigrants were treated much better? How did people tell the difference?
You mean the free health care and schools, Social Services and no penalty for breaking the law are not seen as being treated better in your eyes?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
PROVE IT!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM

You guys think that the American Man, and the Mexican immigrant were treated as equals, always. Never treated less at no point in history. Perhaps I need to whip out some history reading for that will clear up all the ignorances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration