Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,351,678 times

Advertisements

[quote=sassyone;4638711]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
If you look at the case its not cut and dry infact full of holes . The GVMT can prosecute with endless amounts of money and neither should have gone to jail unless keeping drug dealers/drug runners from coming into USA is a crime.

well , actually it might just be and now other border guards know this they wont be pro active . The GVMT sent a loud message .

And yes like you stated there are innocent Mexicans/Blacks and even whites in jail but these are border guards who were trying to keep drugs out of USA the GVMT than prosecuted them with a case full of holes .
This case has nothing to do with other cases so yes your right there are innocent in jail but that has nothing to do with this particular case
quote]

I appreciate your post. I read more on the border patrol officers and
they were accused of shooting an unarmed man and then lied about it.
I wish there could be a fair route to go that would be fair to everyone on both sides of the border. There are very good patrol agents and those that are far from it. I understand their life is in danger every day but so is a police officer.

From what I know about the case which is only what I see on CNN it came down to credibility. One side 2 border guards with long good history the other a man convicted in Mexico of several crimes and known drug dealer .

the DA went after the border guards like a rabid dog while the drug dealer was an angel of sorts the case was full of holes and yet the drug dealer who later on was arrested for again crossing border with drugs was given an apology by the DA.

I could be wrong as lost track of the case but from what I saw I rather be a drug smuggler than a boder guard aslong as this DA is running things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,348,266 times
[QUOTE=sassyone;4639586
If you go to the site that is
posted on this thread, it says that they shot an unarmed man and lied about it.[/quote]

I have followed this case from the beginning much more than a short paragraph in the news article. Anyone that has followed this case for a while knows that Ramos and Compean did in fact believe that this illegal drug dealer flashed a weapon at them. The drug dealer of course claims that was not true. It would not be too difficult to dispose of a gun in the open space of the US/Mexican border. Sorry but on this one I believe Ramos and Compean-not a liar who is an illegal alien drug dealer who was given a free pass to cross the border and immunity after continually dealing drugs.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I could never make any sense of that poster's comments and only ever see her posts when someone quotes her - now you know why I used the "ignore poster" feature on her months ago.

It is so blazingly obvious that these BP agents are in jail to satisfy political agenda so lovingly executed by Sutton. Both of these men deserve to be reunited with their families and be allowed to return to work. Sutton deserves a firey barbed rod, and I'll let you guess where....
A Dozsa barbecue ca. 1514?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM

195 posts, read 516,323 times
As many others I too have read and heard more of the facts then just a quick blurb here and there. These two BP Agents were in my opinion found guilty and sentenced much more then anyone convicted of a similiar crime for political reasons. Not sure who has what dirt on who but these two are paying for it..... that's for sure. I'm suprised that there aren't more Hispanic people out here saying these two were only convicted because they are of Hispanic descent. I guess if they had shot a person of any other color there may have been more of an outcry. Never the less I believe they are innoscent. I hope President Bush will pardon them before leaving office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration