Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:51 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,159,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I say theres a lot of people of all races and ethnities serving in the armed forces despite their ethnic identity, and you respond by saying other races serve more than Hispanics?
Way to attack Hispanics, vendido.

And I didnt know people aged 15-24 served in the military.
It's U.S population breakdown..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
It's U.S population breakdown..
placed right next to an enlistment graph.
Not saying its wrong, but to be completely accurate, the U.S. population graph should be 17-35 or something to compare to an enlistment graph.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,597,052 times
Quote:
I say theres a lot of people of all races and ethnities serving in the armed forces despite their ethnic identity, and you respond by saying other races serve more than Hispanics?
Way to attack Hispanics, vendido.

And I didnt know people aged 15-24 served in the military.
It's not an attack, it's simply the numbers speaking for themselves.

The population breakdown of 15-24 INCLUDES the ages of 17-24, which is where 99% of all volunteers come from. Does that make any sense to you now, or are you still seeing red?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It's not an attack, it's simply the numbers speaking for themselves.

The population breakdown of 15-24 INCLUDES the ages of 17-24, which is where 99% of all volunteers come from. Does that make any sense to you now, or are you still seeing red?
How is that point relevant to what I was saying?
I was saying ALL minorities serve despite ethnic identity, and you feel it necessary to point out that Hispanics serve less. Save your self-loathing facts for when they are relevant.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
How is that point relevant to what I was saying?
I was saying ALL minorities serve despite ethnic identity, and you feel it necessary to point out that Hispanics serve less. Save your self-loathing facts for when they are relevant.
I can't help what the numbers show, if they had shown a HIGHER percentage I would have lauded that. Was I just supposed to IGNORE the fact that they show a LOWER one?

It was your post that led me to find that information, I certainly didn't have it on hand, you know.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I can't help what the numbers show, if they had shown a HIGHER percentage I would have lauded that. Was I just supposed to IGNORE the fact that they show a LOWER one?

It was your post that led me to find that information, I certainly didn't have it on hand, you know.
IF my post was saying that Latinos served MORE than anyone, that would have been a proper time to throw out that fact.
But I wasnt saying that, now was I?
It was just another chance for you to show how American you were, lol

Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM

No, you were saying that minorities in general were serving more, which wasn't quite accurate, was it?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
No, you were saying that minorities in general were serving more, which wasn't quite accurate, was it?
Quote:
Exactly. I dont know why people are so afraid of ethnic identity. They claim it's breaking America apart, and people are choosing ethnicity over patriotism. And yet theres so many Latino, Asian, Black, and other people serving in the armed forces, becoming involved in politics, and contributing to this country.

We've always been an ethnically diverse country.
I listed some minority groups, but i didnt say "minorities". I was talking about ethnic identity. Japanese-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Filipino-Americans, Russian-Americans.

Sorry I didnt spell it out for you. But try not to twist my words around.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I listed some minority groups, but i didnt say "minorities".
Is that what you call saying it without 'saying' it?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,139 times
Quote:
IF my post was saying that Latinos served MORE than anyone, that would have been a proper time to throw out that fact.
But I wasnt saying that, now was I?
It was just another chance for you to show how American you were, lol
Just wondering what makes you feel like you should be in charge of what information our fellow posters give or when the proper time to give it is. We are all free thinking passionate people with our own opinions and if this previous poster felt the need to bring a little bit of different info. to the conversation then more power to him/her. Stop trying to control the conversation so completely and let people add to the conversation things that they think are prudent. It is good that you have your own views and things to say, but so do the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration