Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:59 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

German Andrade for about 15 years lifted, loaded and carried out other physically demanding jobs as an illegal immigrant.

Then came the bucket.

It crashed from a skid loader onto Andrade's left foot at a landscaping work site. Fractures led to a lingering limp, which led to back problems and, said a judge, a 45 percent loss of earning capacity. At the time of the accident, Andrade, a husband and father in his early 30s, was earning $12 an hour.

Andrade's case took a public twist when his Sarpy County employer balked at forking over injury-related workers' compensation — and Andrade took the business to court.

Sun Valley Landscapes argued that because Andrade is an illegal immigrant, he was not covered by workers' compensation benefits.

However, a three-judge review panel of the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court has disagreed.

In a ruling affirming a trial judge's 2007 decision, the panel said that public policy favors the inclusion of illegal immigrants as covered "employees." The judges ordered Sun Valley to cover Andrade's medical bills and lost wages.

The ruling is believed to be Nebraska's highest judicial review of the question of undocumented workers and job-related medical bills and wage loss compensation.

It also represents one of the rare times that both sides of the polarizing illegal immigration debate are on common ground.

Omaha.com Metro/Region Section

Yeah baby, make 'em pay. They are the sole beneficiaries of this invasion and responsible for the drain of our tax dollars. Hit 'em where it hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
yeah baby, make 'em pay. They are the sole beneficiaries of this invasion and responsible for the drain of our tax dollars. Hit 'em where it hurts.
Amen!!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Amen!!
I'm sure you like I have noticed the rate of employers being fined is rising, thus making it harder for illegals to find employment. So much for the theory of our system being broken.

Next up, cutting off welfare. Finally the tide is turning in our favor.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
It ordered Sun Valley to pay $305 a week for 36 weeks for temporary disability and $144 a week for 263 weeks for lost earning capacity.
While I agree the company that hired him should pay his medical expenses, these disability and lost earnings payments insure that he will be in the US at least another 10 months or so. After that, he can claim that he is still having problems and needs further rehabilitation,etc.,etc.- the end result being that he is here forever. Since this accident happened a while ago, his medical condition should be stable enough that he can be deported.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
The company should have also been fined, their accounting scrutinized by the IRS and their definatly should be some jail time added as well.
As far as the worker goes --- after getting the check from Sun Valley he and his family need to be on the bus to their native country.
If his children were born here --- well, they can always return as adults.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 10,534 times
Thumbs up Amen to that i hope he lose's alot ..hire illegals and pay the price..

amen to that ..hire illegals and pay the price i hope that ******* lose's his company he should be in jail.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM

Thumbs up your right about that..but that company will be the one paying and i hope he ends up broke and need an American

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
While I agree the company that hired him should pay his medical expenses, these disability and lost earnings payments insure that he will be in the US at least another 10 months or so. After that, he can claim that he is still having problems and needs further rehabilitation,etc.,etc.- the end result being that he is here forever. Since this accident happened a while ago, his medical condition should be stable enough that he can be deported.
American to hire him and finds that he cannot compete with the wages of illegals and goes jobless

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM

have an illegal problen in your area call I.C.E report and they will deport !

Old 08-01-2008, 04:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yeah baby, make 'em pay. They are the sole beneficiaries of this invasion and responsible for the drain of our tax dollars. Hit 'em where it hurts.
It's about time these greedy corrupt employers are made to pay. I only hope this is the beginning of many financial losses for these traitorous weasels.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,222 times
As much as I don't think the illegal is entitled to ANYTHING, at the same time I am happy to hear the employer will be responsible. That's the only way to get them to stop hiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration