Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if either candidate is even mentioning the illegal immigration problem in our country. It seems neither camp ever mentions it, yet up until a few months ago, it was the hottest topic. Surely our economy isn't that bad that it would completely overshadow it? I'm sort of stunned it hasn't even been brought up in the media, and am wondering if it will even be a topic in the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
The Latino voting block. They don't want to alienate Latino voters. They are politicians, what do you expect? I agree with you, however.

Last edited by Synopsis; 08-29-2008 at 06:03 AM..

Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 AM

503 posts, read 937,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I was just wondering if either candidate is even mentioning the illegal immigration problem in our country. It seems neither camp ever mentions it, yet up until a few months ago, it was the hottest topic. Surely our economy isn't that bad that it would completely overshadow it? I'm sort of stunned it hasn't even been brought up in the media, and am wondering if it will even be a topic in the debates.

Well it does not really even matter to either candidate now because there are no other choices. In other words, "The Messiah" wont talk about it because liberals want them, and McCain has always liked illegals, so he wont talk about it; and we have no other candidate options so I doubt we will hear it for a long time.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
The main thing is the house and senate. Obama and McCain are both pro-illegal and pro-amnesty-no matter what they might say to select groups between now and election day. Hopefully we can get in as many pro-Americans senators and congressmen and congresswomen as possible.

Then it is back to slamming the switchboards, offices, etc everytime they bring up amnesty. We have done it before and we will do it again.

Also-hopefully more states will continue to take action as well.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
I agree with all of the aforementioned. Obama and McCain may wish for it to take a backseat, but it is still a pivotal issue among the American public. It will not go away, and as nicolem has stated, we will continue to fight this invasion with all of our might.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Isn't it odd though, that obama was talking so much about the american family and the failed economy and yet he doesn't/won't connect the dots to immigration? I wish like hell someone would ask both obama and mccain how they can be for the american worker and for amnesty!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Isn't it odd though, that obama was talking so much about the american family and the failed economy and yet he doesn't/won't connect the dots to immigration? I wish like hell someone would ask both obama and mccain how they can be for the american worker and for amnesty!
Yeah, you'd think they're stupid or something. The rest of us all figured it out already. At least Obama talks about not outsourcing our jobs.

I think illegal immigration is best handled at the state, county, city level. That's what's happening now, since the American people have been so fed up with the federal government. So, each time they try this "shamnesty", we'll be there to cut it down AGAIN. We did it twice before.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Yeah, you'd think they're stupid or something. The rest of us all figured it out already. At least Obama talks about not outsourcing our jobs.

I think illegal immigration is best handled at the state, county, city level. That's what's happening now, since the American people have been so fed up with the federal government. So, each time they try this "shamnesty", we'll be there to cut it down AGAIN. We did it twice before.
Absolutly this needs to be a grassroots campaign...which is sad if you think about it.
Good to know that obama at least doesn't go for outsourcing....perhaps the Indians don't have a successful lobby, yet

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Right now I think they just want to avoid the topic since both want the votes of illegals, but they also want the vote of Americans who are facing some difficult economics times.

Kind of hard to talk about giving 30 million illegals their reward for breaking the laws the easy citizenship and inviting them to bring in their many extended family members when Americans are facing layoffs and big price increases. And it's getting hard to convince us that illegals are keeping food prices down when food prices are soaring.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 AM

286 posts, read 804,701 times
Immigrants are going to vote for Obama, because, in the words of all the latino people in my area, "us minorites need to stick together"

mind you, they cant name a single issue that Obama stands for but because he's black, they are gonna vote for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration