Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM

495 posts, read 748,856 times

Advertisements

In the short video below, Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel says the arrest by ICE of 600 illegal aliens working at a plant will substantially lower the area’s unemployment rate for local citizens.

Two young African-Americans interviewed in the video applaud the action, and now hope to get a job at the plant!

Link to video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,159,787 times
Two of em? Be honest, there has to be more

Old 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,583,589 times
This is great! It’s appalling that U.S. citizens are forced to wait for an ICE raid before they are considered for employment. Just think of the job opportunities if our government aggressively pursued illegals nationwide. They should fine Howard Industries at least $100,000 for each illegal employed. That would send a clear message to illegal employers. Hit them where it hurts.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Two of em? Be honest, there has to be more
Of course there are more. Do you expect them to interview every person applying for a job?

Old 08-29-2008, 02:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,159,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course there are more. Do you expect them to interview every person applying for a job?
Well I'd expect there to be a more diverse crowed. Simply because there were two black dudes interviewed doesn't mean it helped all Blacks.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:03 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,378 times
Quote:
Well I'd expect there to be a more diverse crowed. Simply because there were two black dudes interviewed doesn't mean it helped all Blacks.
Cali, they are simply putting more of an emphasis on the African-American community because it is historically harder for a black man to obtain gainful employment. Sure, there are probably all kinds of people looking into those newly vacated positions, but spotlighting the black man makes a much better headline. My question would be what kind of wages will be offered to this new flock of legal citizen workers. I am sure the owner is quite used to paying on a lower scale than will be expected by a real American citizen. The company may despair at not having the illegal status of their employees to dangle over their heads. Time to start paying a fair wage again.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,338,488 times
Quote:
I guess that would depend on the racial makeup of the town. If it is a mostly Black town then would it not help mostly black Americans? If it was mostly a white town I would suspect the same. and so on-you get the point. Regardless I am happy that Americans-regardless of their color- will now have jobs and ilegal aliens won't.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Better that Americans get those jobs (no matter their skin color) than a bunch of lawbreakers from SOB and elsewhere.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,219,800 times
LA has a lot of strife in the poorer communities as families of Illegal Aliens displace African American families. There are many many documentaries out about the issue.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Even if it helped only two or three, that's two or three who were previously unemployed due to illegal immigration. I’m happy for them. If you weren’t so pro-illegal and anti-American, you would be happy for them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration