Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 AM

178 posts, read 735,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieHog View Post
as long as when they hit 10 years old they dont paint them up like street walkers and then ask "why is my princess knocked up?"

Instead of looking through Archie Bunker glasses, why not
focus on the problem and offer up ,if you have any, constructive
and intelligent solutions to this growing problem if anyone can think of one.
Key words being constructive and intelligent. I don't believe anyone on this forum was ever being
pro illegals. We were just trying to stick up against bigotry, which sadly appears to be a lost cause.

Last edited by la quinta family; 02-06-2007 at 06:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 09:16 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,442,668 times
Quote:
Not all farmers hire illegals either. I personally know some who do all their farming work themselves, usually the whole family.
Apparently the poster has never worked in Ag. Vegetable farming is not done by farmer's and their families. Picking and cutting is hand work and requires many workers to do. Imagine cutting 1,000 acres of lettuce with your farmer family.

Quote:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from a corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old 02-06-2007, 09:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
So like the rest of us he had to keep looking for a job right? Tough
luck.. life is not easy. If it's important to him for the price of
a lawn mower and weed wacker and paper for fliers he could
of started his own business. But it's soo much
easier to blame the hispanics.......... errr I mean illegals.
Keep on Trucking buddy. Are you an AmeriCAN or an AmeriCAN'T.
Landscaping is more than just 'mowing a lawn'.
And I'm glad to see you corrected yourself. Hispanics are not being blamed, ILLEGAL ALIENS are being blamed.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh give me a break... I never stated it as fact, and any intelligent person could see that. I'm a reference librarian, so don't give me any speeches about backing up sources - if there was such a source, I would provide it in a matter of minutes, but there is none. You know why? Because it's not a concept that is possible of being translated into statistics & numbers... how do you suggest one measure the amount of hard work one exerts in a day?? If you know of such a thing, please let me know! Sheesh, it's like arguing with my second-grade students... The fact remains that they do work, and I've seen with my own eyes just how much effort they can put in. Whether or not you believe me has no impact on what I know from experience.
Then you should say 'in my opinion', not just "Most work harder...", which is presenting as fact.
Being a reference librarian/teacher is apparently what you do for a living. Personality is a whole different matter. And I consider the 'reference' to second-grade students insulting and a personal attack. Please stop.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So like the rest of us he had to keep looking for a job right? .
He wouldn't have had to if there were no illegal aliens in the country.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Well, I would just be happier if people were blaming the farmers
who hire them, the landcapers and construction companies
who are making money off of them.. most likely white. Instead
the illegals are all to blame because most of the people in this
forum can't see past that. They aren't smart enough to realize
that the illegals are a symptom of America's greed. If you don't put the
milk out the neighborhood cat won't come to drink it. There .. a simple
analogy anyone can understand.
So, you are saying these illegal aliens are not responsible for their actions, i.e., sneaking into the United States and staying here, breaking our laws? They seem to be smart enough to gather and march and make demands. They seem to be smart enough to milk the system for benefits. They seem to be smart enough to acquire forged documents and steal social security numbers. I guess it's just 'selective' intellegence. Well, we don't need any more people who cannot be responsible here. I heartily agree that employers should be held responsible for their hiring practices. I would LOVE to see ALL of our laws dilligently enforced. What's with the "mostly white"? Racism?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:41 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Then you should say 'in my opinion', not just "Most work harder...", which is presenting as fact.
Being a reference librarian/teacher is apparently what you do for a living. Personality is a whole different matter.
It's not just what I do for a living, it's what I've studied and lived for many years... you were challenging my ability to prove a statement, which is just ironic considering what I do. As for my personality, that has nothing to do with our discussion.

Quote:
And I consider the 'reference' to second-grade students insulting and a personal attack. Please stop.
I'm sorry, but you were attacking my intelligence and credibility, which I consider a personal attack as well... rather than debating the issues, you chose to focus on nit-picking my words, which was rather childish in my opinion. I apologize if my retort was rude, but your attitude was really getting to me.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
He wouldn't have had to if there were no illegal aliens in the country.
rrrright.......... you keep on telling yourself that.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:54 AM

63 posts, read 149,516 times
it is sad when we have to rely on illegals to make our living!!!!!!!
ask all of thoses that died from eating crap covered lettuce if it was ok for them to be here

Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
So, you are saying these illegal aliens are not responsible for their actions, i.e., sneaking into the United States and staying here, breaking our laws? They seem to be smart enough to gather and march and make demands. They seem to be smart enough to milk the system for benefits. They seem to be smart enough to acquire forged documents and steal social security numbers. I guess it's just 'selective' intellegence. Well, we don't need any more people who cannot be responsible here. I heartily agree that employers should be held responsible for their hiring practices. I would LOVE to see ALL of our laws dilligently enforced. What's with the "mostly white"? Racism?
You got me .. I have to admit ashamedly that I hate white trash.
Sorry... it's out there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration