Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 06:20 PM

10,209 posts, read 11,193,431 times

Advertisements

Excuse me anon, I never once mentioned latino's or anyone else. You just assumed and you know what they say about assume........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,725 posts, read 15,194,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Lord I wish I could drive through a latino neighborhood here and find nice. Here they care complete dumps.
There are some nice ones around here. It's not the nationality, it's the people! Go to the South and you can find plenty of trashy... Well, you know.

30,415 posts, read 52,044,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous989 View Post
Moreso it was Sammie's post that bothered me. Referring to Latinos as roaches spewing garbage all of the place. If that isn't racist, then I don't know what is.
Yes, that bothers me too, and warrants a "flag" for offensive language... I've heard that term used many times on here (I think by Sammie), and it's very disrespectful.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Excuse me anon, I never once mentioned latino's or anyone else. You just assumed and you know what they say about assume........
Ummmmm... give us a freakin' break!! It was clearly obvious who you were referring to, considering it was in response to comments about Latinos.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM

14 posts, read 5,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Here too. I don't know where everyone lives - I'm In SW Kansas, they're flocking here like roaches, spew their garbage all over the place.
I didn't assume anything.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm curious as to where you live?? I'm currently in a town that's almost 70% Latino (no, I have no clue as to how many are illegal), and most take pride in their homes and surroundings. Our neighborhood might not be Beverly Hills, but it's hardly a cesspool of filth either... the streets are clean enough, there's no grafitti on the buildings, and the homes I've been inside are usually cleaner than my own. Since you're trying to get me to prove opinions, do you have statistics to show how dirty Mexicans are??

P.S. I notice you didn't call them "illegals" or even immigrants... so don't try to pretend you're not prejudiced toward the Mexican people in general.
I live in a suburb of Chicago. There are many illegal aliens here, in part because Chicago is a 'sanctuary city'. There are many neighborhoods where illegal aliens have become the majority. The decline in living standards is very evident. These are places I used to go the shop 10 years ago. It is no longer safe to do so. As for Mexico, take a look at their towns and cities.
The post that I was responding to contained the statement 'Mexicans have a better work ethic', thus I used the term Mexicans in my response. You know, you strike me as being soooooo wound up about detecting potential racism/prejudice/bigotry anywhere and everywhere, that to be called any of these things by you means nothing.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There are some nice ones around here. It's not the nationality, it's the people! Go to the South and you can find plenty of trashy... Well, you know.
Amen. I used to live in Oregon, and you wouldn't believe the nasty stuff I saw in certain towns... that state is about as white as can be, so we can't blame anything on the "brown people"!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
Quote:
Like I said, it's no Beverly Hills, but it's not the dump you all describe either! And not to bring blame on another race, but this town used to be mostly black, and it was 100 times worse... crime was ridiculous (it was named "murder capital of the US two years in a row), grafitti was everywhere, and it was much like you all describe when speaking of Latino neighborhoods. In the last 5-10 years, the demographics have changed significantly, and things have actually improved... part of that has to do with government efforts, like building some new businesses, but I also believe it has to do with the shift in people. Once again, I don't want to blame anything on the black population, since there are nice black neighborhoods too - but in this particular town, that's what happened.

Btw, my town's called East Palo Alto, and it's about 30 miles south of San Francisco.... but since I just accepted a job in SF, I'll be moving north soon (after 2 years here). Here you can see a few pictures, and how it's not the most filthy town in the world; fyi, the graffiti you see in that one picture is "commissioned artwork", which has been in place for many years.
https://www.city-data.com/city/East-P...alifornia.html

how long did you live in Phoenix? Cause it has very dumpy parts now, Mesa is a complete mess, graffitti everywhere,garbage, cars parked in the grass infront of houses.It's a mess. I cant speak for California, I have been to San Fran a few times, found it very pleasant, LA two times, more bad than good parts.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
Quote:
Amen. I used to live in Oregon, and you wouldn't believe the nasty stuff I saw in certain towns... that state is about as white as can be, so we can't blame anything on the "brown people"!
Born and raised in Oregon. Hillsboro, Beaverton, Aloha, Forest Grove all now called little mexico, just trashed. So no it's there as well.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
how long did you live in Phoenix? Cause it has very dumpy parts now, Mesa is a complete mess, graffitti everywhere,garbage, cars parked in the grass infront of houses.It's a mess. I cant speak for California, I have been to San Fran a few times, found it very pleasant, LA two times, more bad than good parts.
I never lived in Phoenix... I think you confused me with another poster. I've only lived in Maryland, California (various parts), Oregon, and briefly in Pennsylvania. Honestly, the scariest and dirtiest town I lived in was West Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration