Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Landaverde and co: just keep up those boneheaded stunts.........the ICE man cometh.
Hey AZBear, in case you missed my kudos to you for your predetermined conclusion re: the economic tanking = massive raids!

KUDOS to ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,252,326 times
God bless all those souls who work for ICE. That's not an easy job. Americans are sick and tired of our borders being violated, unprotected, our infrastructure being stressed, our social services being depleated, and we end up flipping the bill. If we complain or address it, we're being "racist." If we enforce our laws, we're being "racist" or "terrorists." The press propagates this crap. So do many politicians and their "share the dream vision." The dream is open to everyone who is willing to work for it and follow the laws. What a slap in the face to those who have come here LEGALLY, who have risked everything, who've had to leave family members behind, who have obtained work, learned the language, learned to assimilate and make America their new home.

Shame on you Father Sham......for twisting morality and making the criminal the victim, all in the name of religion.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
God bless all those souls who work for ICE. That's not an easy job. Americans are sick and tired of our borders being violated, unprotected, our infrastructure being stressed, our social services being depleated, and we end up flipping the bill. If we complain or address it, we're being "racist." If we enforce our laws, we're being "racist" or "terrorists." The press propagates this crap. So do many politicians and their "share the dream vision." The dream is open to everyone who is willing to work for it and follow the laws. What a slap in the face to those who have come here LEGALLY, who have risked everything, who've had to leave family members behind, who have obtained work, learned the language, learned to assimilate and make America their new home.

Shame on you Father Sham......for twisting morality and making the criminal the victim, all in the name of religion.
Agreed. The fact that our borders remain wide open, drug cartels murdering, tunneling and coming and going at their leisure is mind boggling. Then we have the poor BP attempting to do their job with the threat of incarceration being held over their heads if they happen to shoot a mule makes me mad as hell.

As long as the border isn't sealed, what exactly is the point . . oh wait, its for show until the election is over and one of the two treasonous front runners gets around to passing the amnesty bill in the middle of the night. Said bill will be discretely placed in with the request for additional funding for our troops.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The fact that our borders remain wide open, drug cartels murdering, tunneling and coming and going at their leisure is mind boggling. Then we have the poor BP attempting to do their job with the threat of incarceration being held over their heads if they happen to shoot a mule makes me mad as hell.

As long as the border isn't sealed, what exactly is the point . . oh wait, its for show until the election is over and one of the two treasonous front runners gets around to passing the amnesty bill in the middle of the night. Said bill will be discretely placed in with the request for additional funding for our troops.
I'm with you. But conveniently, neither of the Presidential candidates are talking about this issue. And the economy trumps any attention getter at this point in the game. People first and foremost, vote with their pocketbooks.

If you get on the Texas forum and read some of those threads, specifically around border areas (El Paso, etc) it will blow your mind how much of a problem it is. When Ike was bearing down on the Texas coast, authorities had to "promise" that they would not arrest and detain illegals during the evacuation process. Can you imagine? People said it would be taking advantage of people during an emergency. Make of that what you will.

I have sentimental ties to Texas, having lived there for 13 years. Most Texans are fighting mad about the illegal situation. But we have Govt, both on the State and Fed levels that really doesn't care. They're counting on that anchor baby vote. That trumps everything else.

In the meanwhile, our country is slowing being taken over by foreigners, be it South of the border, or in investments (NAFTA superhighways owned by foreign companies collecting tolls) blah blah I could go on.

I need a drink already and it's not even mid day here!!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I'm with you. But conveniently, neither of the Presidential candidates are talking about this issue. And the economy trumps any attention getter at this point in the game. People first and foremost, vote with their pocketbooks.

If you get on the Texas forum and read some of those threads, specifically around border areas (El Paso, etc) it will blow your mind how much of a problem it is. When Ike was bearing down on the Texas coast, authorities had to "promise" that they would not arrest and detain illegals during the evacuation process. Can you imagine? People said it would be taking advantage of people during an emergency. Make of that what you will.

I have sentimental ties to Texas, having lived there for 13 years. Most Texans are fighting mad about the illegal situation. But we have Govt, both on the State and Fed levels that really doesn't care. They're counting on that anchor baby vote. That trumps everything else.

In the meanwhile, our country is slowing being taken over by foreigners, be it South of the border, or in investments (NAFTA superhighways owned by foreign companies collecting tolls) blah blah I could go on.

I need a drink already and it's not even mid day here!!
There was an article posted in this thread re: promises to illegals of non-deportation during the evacuations. While I realize that Texas is on the border, as someone who lived in Dallas from 1996-98, and saw a maximum of 4 mexicans while I was there, it shocks me how fast they have consumed the state of Texas. As for the anchor baby vote, the same applies to Illinois. The anchor babies OWN city hall, throw in the corruption of the black and white crooks that remain in office and you have a big ole pot of government corruption and a sanctuary city being sued by DHS. When I got back to the Chicago area in '98 I distinctly remember wondering where the hell all of these mexicans were coming from. I believe that was when their invasion of the US initially began.

I feel your pain as I too could go on forever, the globalized corruption has taken over our government and most of corporate America, as well as what used to be our country. The realization that greed trumps everything entitles us all to several drinks mid-day be damned.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 PM

638 posts, read 1,849,402 times
Hit them!

Quote:
* Father Jose Landaverde . .
* Reverend Jose Landaverde . .
* Jesús Vargas, a volunteer with the Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission on 25th Street

"We are asking Senator Obama & Senator Durbin to STOP these Raids of Terror here in Illinois," says Landaverde.

A press conference will take place at Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 19, 2008, to demand to Stop the Raids of Terror in Little Village and across the nation.
"Under federal law, religious groups and other nonprofit charitable organizations that qualify for tax exemptions under Section 501(c)3 of the tax code may not "intervene in . . . any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office." If the IRS determines that a charity has intervened in an election, it can remove the group's tax exemption, though it has seldom done so."
-- Washington Post Article

IRS Reminds Charities and Churches of Political Activity Ban

IR-2007-190, Nov. 19, 2007

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded section 501(c)(3) organizations, including charities and churches that federal law prohibits them from becoming directly or indirectly involved in campaigns of political candidates.
IRS Reminds Charities and Churches of Political Activity Ban (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=175818,00.html - broken link)

IRS Publication 1828
Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations
Jeopardizing Tax Exempt Status
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

All IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches and religious organizations, must abide by certain rules:
  • their net earnings may not inure to any private shareholder or individual,
  • they must not provide a substantial benefit to private interests,
  • they must not devote a substantial part of their activities to attempting to influence legislation,
  • they must not participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office, and
  • the organization’s purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 PM

Great info "R6". Senators Durbin and Obama are authors and co-authors of the DREAMAct. I'm sure you like the rest of us are not surprised that they are in the pockets of LaRaza and the rest of the amnesty crowd. God help those who are voting for him because he's black or they want to be on the bandwagon, they know not what they do.

It's waaaaay past time to start evoking the privilege of revoking tax exemption of those who aid and abet illegal aliens.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
There was an article posted in this thread re: promises to illegals of non-deportation during the evacuations. While I realize that Texas is on the border, as someone who lived in Dallas from 1996-98, and saw a maximum of 4 mexicans while I was there, it shocks me how fast they have consumed the state of Texas. As for the anchor baby vote, the same applies to Illinois. The anchor babies OWN city hall, throw in the corruption of the black and white crooks that remain in office and you have a big ole pot of government corruption and a sanctuary city being sued by DHS. When I got back to the Chicago area in '98 I distinctly remember wondering where the hell all of these mexicans were coming from. I believe that was when their invasion of the US initially began.

I feel your pain as I too could go on forever, the globalized corruption has taken over our government and most of corporate America, as well as what used to be our country. The realization that greed trumps everything entitles us all to several drinks mid-day be damned.
You, my friend, have hit the nail on the head. Greed trumps everything. That and an "entitled" attitude. It broke my heart to hear some Ike-affected Texans state that they felt the Govt should be handing out gasoline and all sorts of other nonsense. These were, mind you, those who chose to ignore the mandatory evactuation (what part of those two words did they not understand?) because they thought the storm was no big deal, and were taking pictures of the waves from the pier like tourists in Disneyland.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM

638 posts, read 1,849,402 times
Quote:
It's waaaaay past time to start evoking the privilege of revoking tax exemption of those who aid and abet illegal aliens.
It's not sexy, but it's got teeth.

Not only is it within the power of the IRS to revoke (rescind) non-profit status, but it can be retroactively . . which means, back taxes owed, with penalties and interest.

Verify this is a non-profit organization :

Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission
2500 S Harding Ave
Chicago, IL 60623
(773) 968-4258

There is political activity by this so-called priest.

And you are right, this is not a social or moral issue, it's about criminal activity, harboring, aiding and abetting, and additionally, this so-called priest is advocating law enforcement take a hands-off approach to those involved with identity theft and document fraud.

Hit them!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
You, my friend, have hit the nail on the head. Greed trumps everything. That and an "entitled" attitude. It broke my heart to hear some Ike-affected Texans state that they felt the Govt should be handing out gasoline and all sorts of other nonsense. These were, mind you, those who chose to ignore the mandatory evactuation (what part of those two words did they not understand?) because they thought the storm was no big deal, and were taking pictures of the waves from the pier like tourists in Disneyland.
Sad isn't it? You being navy personnel, it must be even more devastating for you. Those who ignored the mandatory evacuation (Lord forgive me) should have been left where they were to figure out how to survive the choice that they made. Greed and PC will be the listed on America's death certificate as the reason for it's demise.

Whatever happened to individual responsibility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration