Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times

Advertisements

More disgraceful pandering.

Quote:
1. Could you please articulate what you think are the most pressing issues for the U.S. immigrant community, at home AND abroad, and how you would hope to address those issues as President?

Answer: At home, the immigrant community faces a real challenge from the tension our inability to fix our immigration system has engendered. Abroad, not enough is being done to encourage job creation and economic development and to decrease the pressure to immigrate without authorization to the U.S. in search of work.

3. What policy conditions would comprehensive immigration reform have to meet in order for you to support it? Please be specific.

Answer: I fought in the U.S. Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as president. Not just because we need to secure our borders and get control of who comes into our country. And not just because we have to crack down on employers abusing undocumented immigrants. But because we have to finally bring the 12 million undocumented out of the shadows.

We should require them to pay a fine, learn English, abide by the law, and go to the back of the line for citizenship – behind those who came here legally. But we cannot – and should not – deport 12 million people. That would turn American into something we're not; something we don't want to be.

7. Do you support the "touchback" requirements of previous comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) legislation that would require undocumented immigrants to return to their countries oforigin in order to normalize their status?

Answer: I am disinclined to support touchback requirements because they are symbolic and likely to discourage participation in an earned legalization program.
Survey: The Sanctuary:: Obama's response to Sanctuary survey released - still waiting for McCain: UPDATED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,671,227 times
Can someone explain to me what is meant by us immigrant community at home and abroad means? I am inclined to believe that not happy with 12+ million illegal aliens currently residing in the US, now we have to consider anyone living anywhere in the world as a potential US citizen if they so desire. Wth?? Obama only sees the way to stop us immigrants who just haven't imigrated yet is to boost their native countries economies with jobs? Nevermind, I get it --- the us immigrant community abroad means outsourced jobs. I had no idea that when obama said he was a community organizer the community he was talking about was India.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Can someone explain to me what is meant by us immigrant community at home and abroad means? I am inclined to believe that not happy with 12+ million illegal aliens currently residing in the US, now we have to consider anyone living anywhere in the world as a potential US citizen if they so desire. Wth?? Obama only sees the way to stop us immigrants who just haven't imigrated yet is to boost their native countries economies with jobs? Nevermind, I get it --- the us immigrant community abroad means outsourced jobs. I had no idea that when obama said he was a community organizer the community he was talking about was India.
Bingo! Between outsourcing to India and China, insourcing through H1B Visas, and illegal 'slave' labor, what will be left for legal citizens? It makes me wonder what they plan to do with us.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,438,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Bingo! Between outsourcing to India and China, insourcing through H1B Visas, and illegal 'slave' labor, what will be left for legal citizens? It makes me wonder what they plan to do with us.
One thing is for certain, the asshat known as Obama is out of touch with reality and the will of the majority of the American people. He also needs to update his script to reflect that the actual number 30+ million illegals hiding in the shadows.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
One thing is for certain, the asshat known as Obama is out of touch with reality and the will of the majority of the American people. He also needs to update his script to reflect that the actual number 30+ million illegals hiding in the shadows.
Absolutely! Furthermore, if he thinks his pandering is garnering votes, he had better think again. He has made a HUGE mistake by assuming all blacks will vote for him. I vote the issues, not race. He is no better than 'Uncle' Clarence Thomas, as far as I’m concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration