Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times

Advertisements

We, as taxpayers, are being forced to pay for the greed of the elite. They didn’t worry about authorizing loans to people illegally residing in this country, because they would subsequently sell those loans. They were only concerned with lining their pockets.

Quote:
AS panicked politicians prepare to fork over $1 trillion in taxpayer funding to rescue Wall Street, they've fingered regulation, deregulation, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the Community Reinvestment Act, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, both Bushes, greedy banks, greedy borrowers, greedy short-sellers and minority-home-ownership promoters for blame.

But there's one villain that has slipped notice: how illegal immigration, crime-enabling banks and open-borders Bush policies fueled the mortgage crisis. It's no coincidence that the areas hardest hit by the foreclosure wave - Loudoun County, Va., California's Inland Empire, Stockton and San Joaquin Valley, and Las Vegas and Phoenix - also happen to be some of the nation's largest illegal alien sanctuaries. Half of the mortgages to Hispanics are subprime. A quarter of all those subprime loans are in default and foreclosure.

The Washington Post noted in 2005: "Hispanics, the nation's fastest-growing major ethnic or racial group, have been courted aggressively by real-estate agents, mortgage brokers and programs for first-time buyers that offer help with closing costs. Ads proclaim: "Sin verificacion de ingresos! Sin verificacion de documento!" - which loosely translates as, 'Income tax forms are not required, nor are immigration papers.' "
ILLEGAL ALIENS & THE MORTGAGE MESS - New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,353,368 times
If we as taxpayers are going to be forced by our government to bail out any institution-bank or otherwise, then I think if you gave mortgages to illegal aliens-you should not get a bailout. I think if a bank advertised in Spanish "no immigration papers" that is proof enough for me that they sought out illegal alien business and should not get a dime.

Nicolem

Old 09-24-2008, 09:12 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,438,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We, as taxpayers, are being forced to pay for the greed of the elite. They didn’t worry about authorizing loans to people illegally residing in this country, because they would subsequently sell those loans. They were only concerned with lining their pockets.

ILLEGAL ALIENS & THE MORTGAGE MESS - New York Post
You would have to be living under a rock to not know the what was behind the deliberate intentions of granting "undocumented" loans. The last thing Wall Street wants is a congressional investigation into the details surrounding the current financial collapse. They actually thought that fear of market collapse would convince the do nothing Congress to live up to it's name and stay up late into the night printing the 770 billion and hand it over with no questions asked.

OOps . . .It will be interesting to see how many arrests comes out of the FBI investigations.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
If we as taxpayers are going to be forced by our government to bail out any institution-bank or otherwise, then I think if you gave mortgages to illegal aliens-you should not get a bailout. I think if a bank advertised in Spanish "no immigration papers" that is proof enough for me that they sought out illegal alien business and should not get a dime.

Nicolem
I strongly suspect as this investigation deepens that many an illegal immigrant home owner will be dispossessed. Although many of said illegals will wind up putting their property into the names of people who are here in the USA legally.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Nicolem
Bank of the Alien (formerly known as Bank of America), Wells Fargo and Countrywide were notorious for granting loans to illegals. Surprising Wells Fargo is not part of the FBI investigation YET. I have no doubt that crooks from the other two will be part of a long line of perp walks.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 AM

8,662 posts, read 9,192,164 times
Boy, what a hootenanny!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,353,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Bank of the Alien (formerly known as Bank of America), Wells Fargo and Countrywide were notorious for granting loans to illegals. Surprising Wells Fargo is not part of the FBI investigation YET. I have no doubt that crooks from the other two will be part of a long line of perp walks.
I know. If only our politicians had American's best interests at hand. If there has to be a bailout, the very least our politicians should require is that these banks/mortgage companies abide by the law. We are now going to pay AGAIN for illegal aliens by bailing out banks who gave them mortgages.

For those people out there who still think illegal aliens do not cause damage to this country-open your eyes. They are indeed a part of this housing/mortgage fiasco. Illegal aliens, their enablers and their actions effect our economics in so many ways in this country and not in anyway positive. Now more than ever we need to send them all packing and use all our resources for Americans and to get our country back on track.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It will indeed be interesting to watch this investigation unfold. No doubt, bribes are being offered at this very moment.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I know. If only our politicians had American's best interests at hand. If there has to be a bailout, the very least our politicians should require is that these banks/mortgage companies abide by the law. We are now going to pay AGAIN for illegal aliens by bailing out banks who gave them mortgages.

For those people out there who still think illegal aliens do not cause damage to this country-open your eyes. They are indeed a part of this housing/mortgage fiasco. Illegal aliens, their enablers and their actions effect our economics in so many ways in this country and not in anyway positive. Now more than ever we need to send them all packing and use all our resources for Americans and to get our country back on track.
Agree 100%.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Agreed. The election has set the ground rules in terms of appearances. So far there's a tie in the category of "game face."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration