Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,977,459 times

Advertisements

You are so correct, APJ. We do need to let our representatives know how we feel. To me, that is the only way we stand any chance to change the flood tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Is anyone really surprised at all with all of this? And now, the Dems want us to provide help to the illegals and their morgtages. Make those phone calls people and let your representatives and senators know how you feel and tell them to not ok this as long as anything about helping illegals is part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,882,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I strongly suspect as this investigation deepens that many an illegal immigrant home owner will be dispossessed. Although many of said illegals will wind up putting their property into the names of people who are here in the USA legally.
It's a lose-lose for the illegals if they don't get a big taxpayer funded bailout. Not only do they lose the houses they've bought that they could not afford, they lose the cheap labor jobs building those houses.

The big housing bubble that is now bursting did not benefit the average American in any way. A few greedy unethical individuals made out like bandits using cheap labor and selling price-inflated houses and arranging crooked deals to get those homes sold.

American citizens did not benefit from any of this and should not have to pay for it. Let the banks fold. Let the houses sit empty -- we didn't need them built in the first place.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,882,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
0 down, 0 interest loans need a bail out? They were paying about the equivalent of rent.

Exactly. Where's the need for a bailout? Those holding 0 down mortgages aren't going to lose much of anything. They have no equity into those homes.

The illegals ought to just see it positively, they got to live in a house for a while they otherwise never could have dreamed of even working in.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,607,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Where's the need for a bailout? Those holding 0 down mortgages aren't going to lose much of anything. They have no equity into those homes.

The illegals ought to just see it positively, they got to live in a house for a while they otherwise never could have dreamed of even working in.
How true! An illegal in Northern VA held a minimum wage job at a fast food restaurant, and was granted a mortgage loan for $450,000. C'mon, that's fraud with a capital F.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,435,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! An illegal in Northern VA held a minimum wage job at a fast food restaurant, and was granted a mortgage loan for $450,000. C'mon, that's fraud with a capital F.
I have no doubt that Bush and Co. were doing their best to rush through his latest con job. He must think that we have forgotten about the "mushroom clouds" that got us into the mess in Iraq that many (not me) were bamboozled into falling for.

Fortunately, the chicken little syndrome has a short lifespan. I bet not many Americans want to have a beer with him these days. I wonder if the FBI will investigate him and his buddies along with the rest of the crooks.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,607,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I have no doubt that Bush and Co. were doing their best to rush through his latest con job. He must think that we have forgotten about the "mushroom clouds" that got us into the mess in Iraq that many (not me) were bamboozled into falling for.

Fortunately, the chicken little syndrome has a short lifespan. I bet not many Americans want to have a beer with him these days. I wonder if the FBI will investigate him and his buddies along with the rest of the crooks.
Some people are still defending him. It reminds me of the pathology of illegal alien Mexicans.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,435,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Some people are still defending him. It reminds me of the pathology of illegal alien Mexicans.

Great analogy! After all that he has done to this country, I was hoping the mental conditions of those who supported him were temporary and had been diagnosed and cured.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:04 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,767,297 times
Yea... blame the illegals for everything. I remember when the California wild fires broke out, the anti-immigrant crowd put the blame on illegal immigrants also. LOL..you guys are a joke!!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,885,373 times
so you are saying that an illegal getting approved for a mortgage and then walking out on the loan is a good thing? I left bank of "america" because of their policies towards illegals, and I know several people who did. they started giving out credit cards to people without social security numbers. so I went into my local branch to get a credit card. I left the SSN section blank on the application and they would not accept the application. I left them a week later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yea... blame the illegals for everything. I remember when the California wild fires broke out, the anti-immigrant crowd put the blame on illegal immigrants also. LOL..you guys are a joke!!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:13 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,767,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so you are saying that an illegal getting approved for a mortgage and then walking out on the loan is a good thing? I left bank of "america" because of their policies towards illegals, and I know several people who did. they started giving out credit cards to people without social security numbers. so I went into my local branch to get a credit card. I left the SSN section blank on the application and they would not accept the application. I left them a week later.
It is not a good thing but how many of them are even approved for a mortgage in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration