Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,936,485 times

Advertisements

Does this surprise anyone in here?

Kill the bailout: Illegal immigration and the mortgage mess

By Michelle Malkin • September 24, 2008 07:49 AM
(Update: I’m scheduled to appear on Neil Cavuto’s show on FNC at around 4:45pm Eastern today to discuss this issue.)

My syndicated column today tackles the bailout angle no one wants to talk about: Open borders and the home loan debacle. You’ve heard a lot about Fannie/Freddie and the minority lending shakedowns, but you haven’t heard most commentators/analysts on either the left or the right talk about the massive illegal alien mortgage racket — a topic I’ve reported on for the past five years. That’s because fault lies at the feet of the crime-enabling banking industry and the ethnic lobbyists and the illegal alien-enabling Bush administration.

They screwed us. Now, they want us to fork over a trillion dollars.

Screw them.

Kill this bailout.

And I second Mark Krikorian: Credit is not a civil right. It’s not a civil right for illegal aliens. For foreign banks. For American banks. For anyone. The bailout proposal, as I noted earlier, now includes student loans and auto loan debt. Will our tax dollars next cover foreign student loan debts? Illegal alien in-state discounted college tuition debt? Where and when will it end?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:29 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,626,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

(Update: I’m scheduled to appear on Neil Cavuto’s show on FNC at around 4:45pm Eastern today to discuss this issue.)

My syndicated column today tackles the bailout angle no one wants to talk about: Open borders and the home loan debacle. You’ve heard a lot about Fannie/Freddie and the minority lending shakedowns, but you haven’t heard most commentators/analysts on either the left or the right talk about the massive illegal alien mortgage racket — a topic I’ve reported on for the past five years. That’s because fault lies at the feet of the crime-enabling banking industry and the ethnic lobbyists and the illegal alien-enabling Bush administration.

Screw them.

Kill this bailout.

And I second Mark Krikorian: Credit is not a civil right. It’s not a civil right for illegal aliens. For foreign banks. For American banks. For anyone. The bailout proposal, as I noted earlier, now includes student loans and auto loan debt. Will our tax dollars next cover foreign student loan debts? Illegal alien in-state discounted college tuition debt? Where and when will it end?

this goes way beyond just being an illegal alien issue.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:30 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,936,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Part of the bailout is to help illegals and their morgtages. That is what she is talking about.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,492 times
Quote:

Screw them.

Kill this bailout.

NOW we are expected to pay for the mortgage mess the illegal aliens go themselves into, too? This does not make any sense. If they are not supposed to be here in the first place, why should tax dollars be used to support their illegal lifestyle? They never should have been given a loan.
Furthermore, even if the banks do foreclose on the homes, I am afraid some of them will be totally worthless. The way some (maybe most) illegals pay the mortgage is to carve the house up into all these little rooms and rent the rooms out to other illegals. I read an article about a year ago that had photos of the damage that had been done to some of these homes. One had a special kind of fireplace, I believe it was built with an unusual type of stone. When the illegal owners divided the living room in half they damaged the fireplace to that it was no longer valuable. It is going to cost alot of money to return these homes to their previous condition.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,304,366 times
Andreabeth, the illegals didnt get themselves or us into this mess........it was the bankers, the loan companies, the home mortgage companies , the auto loan places especially the cheap auto credit express and the I buy ugly houses people,who saw a market that was untapped and pressured the Congress and senate to allow lending to this group,,,,,,,,,unfortunately the panderers ans puntas on the Potomac's went along with it.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Andreabeth, the illegals didnt get themselves or us into this mess........it was the bankers, the loan companies, the home mortgage companies , the auto loan places especially the cheap auto credit express and the I buy ugly houses people,who saw a market that was untapped and pressured the Congress and senate to allow lending to this group,,,,,,,,,unfortunately the panderers ans puntas on the Potomac's went along with it.
I agree there were many parties involved in the making of this mess. To me, it is bad enough that I will probably end up being forced to help bail out Americans who made very poor financial decisions. What really gets my goat is the thought that illegal homeowners may qualify for this 'help'.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:18 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,744 times
Quote:
Part of the bailout is to help illegals and their morgtages. That is what she is talking about.
Where did she say that? A bailout for Illegals???? I doubt that.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,868,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
But it has a whole lot to do with the illegal alien issue. It was the housing industry that supposedly justified the bringing in of millions of cheap workers illegally to build sprawling subdivisions overnight. Low paid workers brought in to amass large profits for the developers of cheaply built houses that were sold for grossly inflated prices.

The American population has not been growing nearly fast enough to justify the number of homes built in recent years. Wages haven't increased enough to justify the cost of homes. Wages have been dropping due to unchecked immigration, unlimited cheap labor.

Americans for the most part either already had homes or they had money for downpayments and weren't the big problem as far as 0 down mortgages and liar loans. Even if moving into bigger homes, American citizens in many cases were selling smaller homes, it was often immigrants who came with no savings, no other assets, no accumulated wealth of any kind who relied on the "creative" mortgages.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Where did she say that? A bailout for Illegals???? I doubt that.
A bailout for the mortgage companies who are losing their collective as*es partially due to loans given to illegal aliens who later defaulted when they were unable to make the payments. Please don't tell me that you were unaware that mortgage companies were loaning money for houses that they knew they'd eventually repossess. They planned to foreclose and resell the homes, but the bottom fell out of the housing market. Now the federal government wants to use our hard earned tax dollars to bail these idiots out.

See Benicar's thread "Illegal Aliens and the Mortgage Mess."

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A bailout for the mortgage companies who are losing their collective as*es partially due to loans given to illegal aliens who later defaulted when they were unable to make the payments. Please don't tell me that you were unaware that mortgage companies were loaning money for houses that they knew they'd eventually repossess. They planned to foreclose and resell the homes, but the bottom fell out of the housing market. Now the federal government wants to use our hard earned tax dollars to bail these idiots out.

See Benicar's thread "Illegal Aliens and the Mortgage Mess."
Of course I knew about the bailout for the mortgage companies, but I have heard not one word that any illegal was part of it. I knew Americans were involved in it, and I don't think they deserve a bailout either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration