Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Of course I knew about the bailout for the mortgage companies, but I have heard not one word that any illegal was part of it. I knew Americans were involved in it, and I don't think they deserve a bailout either.
I know it's difficult for you to believe that illegal aliens would involve themselves in something as devious as buying a home in the U.S. illegally, so it grieves me to have to be the one to break it to you, but it's true.

ILLEGAL ALIENS & THE MORTGAGE MESS - New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Of course I knew about the bailout for the mortgage companies, but I have heard not one word that any illegal was part of it. I knew Americans were involved in it, and I don't think they deserve a bailout either.
Flash back to a few years ago -- in the height of the housing bubble:

Hispanic Homeownership Barriers Start to Fall

The main recommendations of the study suggest that in order to nudge the Hispanic homeownership rate higher, mortgage loan interest rates must remain at historic low levels; Hispanics must continue to make substantial gains in population, education, and income; and the housing industry, in turn, must accurately measure the credit worthiness and capacity to save of Hispanics, while allowing for their pooling of incomes and resources.

The study, which focused on 63 Congressional Districts across the U.S. and Puerto Rico, credited the housing industry with helping more Latinos become homeowners through new flexible mortgage loan products, and wider dissemination of information on supplemental financial homeownership assistance from local and state governments for eligible low- and moderate-income individuals and families. The study also indicated that the mortgage industry’s response of hiring an increasing number of bilingual and culturally-sensitive housing professionals who can gain the trust of thousands of prospective new Latino homebuyers, has helped increase Hispanic homeownership.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Flash back to a few years ago -- in the height of the housing bubble:

Hispanic Homeownership Barriers Start to Fall

The main recommendations of the study suggest that in order to nudge the Hispanic homeownership rate higher, mortgage loan interest rates must remain at historic low levels; Hispanics must continue to make substantial gains in population, education, and income; and the housing industry, in turn, must accurately measure the credit worthiness and capacity to save of Hispanics, while allowing for their pooling of incomes and resources.

The study, which focused on 63 Congressional Districts across the U.S. and Puerto Rico, credited the housing industry with helping more Latinos become homeowners through new flexible mortgage loan products, and wider dissemination of information on supplemental financial homeownership assistance from local and state governments for eligible low- and moderate-income individuals and families. The study also indicated that the mortgage industry’s response of hiring an increasing number of bilingual and culturally-sensitive housing professionals who can gain the trust of thousands of prospective new Latino homebuyers, has helped increase Hispanic homeownership.
Being that the de facto language of the USA is English...........either the 'Hispanics' assimilate and become Americans or they can remain on the sidelines. Italians did it as did the Germans and all other legal non English speaking immigrants............

Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 PM

*Flexible* mortgage loan products. Government housing subsidies given to "hispanics", pooling of incomes and resources. Hiring Spanish speaking and "culturally sensitive" housing professionals who knew how to trick this foreign group into signing for loans they could never repay.

No where was it ever mentioned about the American people making substantial gains in population or "pooling" income which amounts to nothing more than liar loans given to those who cannot afford a home.

No government handouts to Americans to buy houses they could not afford, no culturally sensitive and English speaking housing professionals to "gain our trust" (or con us into something).

Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being that the de facto language of the USA is English...........either the 'Hispanics' assimilate and become Americans or they can remain on the sidelines. Italians did it as did the Germans and all other legal non English speaking immigrants............
The inability or reluctance to learn English has a whole lot to do with their problems in these loans now.

That site is a pro-illegal site -- yet it's patronizing to the max.

Three HOGAR fellows who presented the results of the study – Alejandro Becerra, Ron Jauregui, and Rebecca Villalpando, say that the findings indicate that despite these good-faith efforts by the mortgage industry, the lack of special attention or “hand-holding” reinforce Hispanics’ fear and mistrust of mainstream institutions due to predatory lending practices, pressures to purchase, complex home buying procedures and lack of flexible and quality loan products.

While “hand holding” may not be part of standard institutional practices, the study confirms prior findings that show that a new commitment to help Hispanics better understand the process may be what it takes to get more Latinos into homes.

“Many loan officers cannot take the time needed to serve their Latino customers and ‘hold their hand’ through the process,” said Alejandro Becerra, HOGAR Fellow. “This is because Latinos tend to apply for smaller loan amounts, take longer to process, and their loans are harder to close, on average.”

The study also recommends that because immigrants are expected to make-up a substantial percentage of the 14-16 million minority households by 2010, that there needs to be increased introduction of more flexible underwriting and credit scoring standards.
According to Becerra, “increasing a secondary market that will purchase mortgage loans sold to immigrants with an Individual Tax Identification Number is recommended to help the industry tap the significant ‘new arrival’ community.”

--- Individual Tax Identification Number = code word for illegal aliens.
--- Significant new arrival community = code word for illegal aliens.
--- Much hand holding = people too gullible and naive and incapable of understanding anything in English.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:41 AM

474 posts, read 601,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Does this surprise anyone in here?

Kill the bailout: Illegal immigration and the mortgage mess

By Michelle Malkin • September 24, 2008 07:49 AM
(Update: I’m scheduled to appear on Neil Cavuto’s show on FNC at around 4:45pm Eastern today to discuss this issue.)

My syndicated column today tackles the bailout angle no one wants to talk about: Open borders and the home loan debacle. You’ve heard a lot about Fannie/Freddie and the minority lending shakedowns, but you haven’t heard most commentators/analysts on either the left or the right talk about the massive illegal alien mortgage racket — a topic I’ve reported on for the past five years. That’s because fault lies at the feet of the crime-enabling banking industry and the ethnic lobbyists and the illegal alien-enabling Bush administration.

They screwed us. Now, they want us to fork over a trillion dollars.

Screw them.

Kill this bailout.

And I second Mark Krikorian: Credit is not a civil right. It’s not a civil right for illegal aliens. For foreign banks. For American banks. For anyone. The bailout proposal, as I noted earlier, now includes student loans and auto loan debt. Will our tax dollars next cover foreign student loan debts? Illegal alien in-state discounted college tuition debt? Where and when will it end?
Michelle: please look at Center for Responsive Politics. www.opensecrets.org. Also, YOU MUST TYPE IN YOUR FAVORITE ENGINE
"Democrats own this fiscal mess." Look at those faces, Barney frank and others insulting those people who were trying to tell him and his colleagues that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were going down the tube. Frank and his friends were insulting and ridiculed the witnesses.(2004) Imagine 2004, they were warned and laughed at the warnings. Where is justice. This tape should be played on every national tv station, in every state across the nation. Frank and his friends were protecting Achorn and La Raza and community activist organizations like the one Obama says he worked for....Paulson was the former CEO at Goldman Sachs. The top recipient of Goldman Sachs campaign funds was Obama. Over $600,000. Of the 50 top special interest spenders, Obama was the top recipient 38% of the time. Please look at the facts.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,275 times
Prolonged exposure to Michelle Malkin has been known to cause diarrhea of the ears.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Michelle: please look at Center for Responsive Politics. www.opensecrets.org. Also, YOU MUST TYPE IN YOUR FAVORITE ENGINE
"Democrats own this fiscal mess." Look at those faces, Barney frank and others insulting those people who were trying to tell him and his colleagues that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were going down the tube. Frank and his friends were insulting and ridiculed the witnesses.(2004) Imagine 2004, they were warned and laughed at the warnings. Where is justice. This tape should be played on every national tv station, in every state across the nation. Frank and his friends were protecting Achorn and La Raza and community activist organizations like the one Obama says he worked for....Paulson was the former CEO at Goldman Sachs. The top recipient of Goldman Sachs campaign funds was Obama. Over $600,000. Of the 50 top special interest spenders, Obama was the top recipient 38% of the time. Please look at the facts.
The flood of illegals from Mexico and Central America accelerated during the Bush administration...........

That stated: as another poster pointed out; the (greedy) Reps AKA business owners want cheap labor whereas the (treasonous) Dems feel 'guilty' over the problems of the rest of the world.

I am angry at both----------and, I am a registered Republican.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Prolonged exposure to Michelle Malkin has been known to cause diarrhea of the ears.
Show where information that has been posted is wrong. Childish insults contribute nothing to the discussion.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,109 times
Quote:
Where did she say that? A bailout for Illegals???? I doubt that.
Part of the bailout was going to pay ACORN money and parts of it was to help pay for the sub-prime mess that many illegals are a big part of. Would you mind knowing what you post about before actually posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration