Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2007, 05:10 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Illegal imagrents not understood? No, I think the American people are the ones that are misunderstood. They've pushed and pushed. Now the American people are backed against the wall. We given a lot of ground expecting them to do what is right. They haven't. And now we are getting pissed. Go ahead, move into my community. We'll see who sets the rules. You'll go home. Either in a pine box or a paddy wagon. Don't care which.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times
Default Damn!!

Quote:
Illegal imagrents not understood? No, I think the American people are the ones that are misunderstood. They've pushed and pushed. Now the American people are backed against the wall. We given a lot of ground expecting them to do what is right. They haven't. And now we are getting pissed. Go ahead, move into my community. We'll see who sets the rules. You'll go home. Either in a pine box or a paddy wagon. Don't care which.
Damn!! Some major hate (lol). Thats what America needs. Its time to take the gloves off. If the turn coat Mexiticians and Presmexidant Bush will do nothing than it falls to the American citizen. If the United States was being invaded by armed individuals and the Federal government will not protect us then it is up to the citizens to turn back the invasion. I believe the purpose and the only purpose of government is to protect its citizens.

The Government has proven that it will do nothing to protect us and this nation.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 PM

12 posts, read 26,665 times
sorry to say that the current situation in the USA is not one or two dishwashers sneaking accross the border ,but a full scale invasion and takeover of our country. There is a major problem with our nation pertainning to healthcare,social security and education as it is ,without having to support another totally underground economy that is siphoning resources to who knows where! We as American's are a compassionate people in general,but when your invaded, Its your duty to defend ...........

Old 02-21-2007, 03:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louieb View Post
sorry to say that the current situation in the USA is not one or two dishwashers sneaking accross the boarder ,but a full scale invasion and takeover of our country. There is a major problem with our nation pertainning to healthcare,social security and education as it is ,without having to support another totally underground economy that is siphoning resources to who knows where! We as american's are a compassionate people in general,but when your invaded, Its your duty to defend ...........
Yep our duty to defend and not be called UnPC or bigots or haters!!! So sick of that crap.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,248 times
Default Oh . . . to be young again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Same answer I gave last time, they make as much or less than the average poor American. LOL. A bunch of poor Americans together could make billions as well.

Correct! So, then, what you are saying is that American citizens should take our cues from the illegals and all start living together - too many people in a one bedroom home or apartment - and share one car (do not pay for car insurance), too, because then we could all pool our monies? Okay, makes sense with just one exception: This is NOT a third world country. But just exactly how do we Americans get to not pay taxes on our wages while also receiving government assistance such as food stamps, welfare, free medical care, etc., and without any red tape? As far as them coming over for better lives, why are they coming over here and then choosing to lead substandard lives? This is an improvement?

The better question for this thread is perhaps: Why are we debating this very serious issue facing the U.S. with a 20-year old college student who has little to no real life experience? With all due respect and seriousness, I couldn't resist, either, as he is so clearly either Anti-American or just an illegal sympathizer, but that is only because of his tender young age. God only knows what I would have said on the issue 20 years ago when I was at that idealistic age or possibly even when I lived somewhere that didn't have the illegal immigrant population that this place has. I never realized the severity of the issue or how it impacts a community until I lived in Ft. Myers for a couple of years. The quality of life here - or lack thereof - is so poor that I am getting out the first chance I get so that I can return to a better standard of living.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Default Dusesean1986

WOW. People are losing their homes! I thought people knew that millions in California have had their wages kept about the same since the early 80's OR their wages have been lowered at some point to now, all due to the illegals who are competing for many low pay jobs, and NOW for even higher pay jobs. Many people cannot go back to school: illness, injury, kids, etc.

Additionally, for many years the huge illegal population has dramatically risen living costs and especially 'housing costs' so that workers making $7 hr. to $12 hr. cannot afford the cheapest apartment which starts at $1000 per month. The middle class are losing their more expensive 2 or 3 bd. apartments, rental houses or own house with rising mortgage costs...
People that are barley making payments or get sick or injured, etc., and lose their home. SO, homelessness is up 52% last year in L.A. and many families and older people are on the streets or in their vehicles. I see them every day in vehicles. See PBS 'California Connected' show documents this. The lucky ones in Calif. have their mortgage paid off long ago.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM

109 posts, read 210,462 times
Default Great Idea

I see this issue has been going strong since the last time I visited.
Here is a solution, lets let all the illegals come on in, open the gates.
In the short time it takes to make this country duplicate mexico, and become a third world country, we can all become illegals and invade another country and turn it into a third world also.
When this is done, in my new country, I demand: free health care, free education, exempt from laws, social services, I can raise my own flag and speak my own language, the new country will have to learn my language,
I will be allowed to march the streets and demand my rights, I will be guranteed work because I charge cheaper pay, and if the residents of the new country don't like it they can leave, after all, they don't have a right to any say so.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 AM

355 posts, read 842,592 times
Home prices in Southern California haven't risen in the past five years due to illegal immigration-- they've risen because the housing bubble has grown, and grown, and grown some more. It has finally reached a plateau of sorts, and developers are beginning to see more slowing and are vying to sell all of their properties.

The home I grew up in was bought in the early 90s for just over 200k. In the late 90s, homes in the area were selling in the mid 600's. Now, these 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom homes are selling (or were, recently) in the mid 800's.

I'd hardly attribute 400% of growth to illegal immigration, considering there are very few (if any) living in the vicinity of these neighborhoods. If anything, the rental costs have risen in the L.A. area due to supply and demand, redevelopment, and gentrification and not necessarily due to illegal immigration.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Home prices in Southern California haven't risen in the past five years due to illegal immigration-- they've risen because the housing bubble has grown, and grown, and grown some more. It has finally reached a plateau of sorts, and developers are beginning to see more slowing and are vying to sell all of their properties.

The home I grew up in was bought in the early 90s for just over 200k. In the late 90s, homes in the area were selling in the mid 600's. Now, these 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom homes are selling (or were, recently) in the mid 800's.

I'd hardly attribute 400% of growth to illegal immigration, considering there are very few (if any) living in the vicinity of these neighborhoods. If anything, the rental costs have risen in the L.A. area due to supply and demand, redevelopment, and gentrification and not necessarily due to illegal immigration.
So the supply isn’t effected if you add several million illegals to the population that weren’t there before?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:25 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Home prices in Southern California haven't risen in the past five years due to illegal immigration-- they've risen because the housing bubble has grown, and grown, and grown some more. .
LOL. I was wondering too what some folks were talking about. To the original poster's question, illegal immigrants do not place high demand on high end real estate, only real estate in the lower bracket. The bubble has increased because of enticing great weather and most importantly a tremendous amount of jobs in the Los Angeles Area.

If you go to: Companies based in Los Angeles in Wikipedia, you will notice a great deal of companies located in the area.

Last edited by dusesean1986; 02-23-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration