Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 04:42 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

Federal agents arrested Chicago resident Tomas Leiskunas, a Lithuanian national who also goes by the name of Elidijus Pocevicius, Friday in connection with a $3.7 million mortgage fraud scheme involving properties in Elmhurst, North Aurora and Palatine.

Leiskunas was charged with violation of the Federal Wire Fraud statute, a felony that carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. According to the complaint, the 28-year-old falsified information related to his employment, income and liabilities in order to obtain mortgages. From early September 2006 to early November the same year, Washington Mutual, WMC Mortgage, 21st Century Mortgage, Peoples Choice Home Loan, Aegis Mortgage and Wilmington Finance loaned Leiskunas between $580,000 and $732,000 each for the purchase of properties at 164, 183 and 160 Mayo Court in Elmhurst; 2041 and 2049 Westover Road in North Aurora and 702 N. Morrison Ave., Palatine. All of the loans went into default.

According to a written statement from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the lenders financed each purchase with a primary loan for 80 percent of the purchase price and a secondary loan for the remaining 20 percent.

"We've had several other mortgage fraud cases charged this year," said Ross Rice, special agent and spokesman for the Chicago FBI.

Thirty defendants were indicted in February in a mortgage fraud case. In June, 40 people were indicted on a charge of participating in a mortgage fraud ring.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/print/?id=241993
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Federal agents arrested Chicago resident Tomas Leiskunas, a Lithuanian national who also goes by the name of Elidijus Pocevicius, Friday in connection with a $3.7 million mortgage fraud scheme involving properties in Elmhurst, North Aurora and Palatine.

Leiskunas was charged with violation of the Federal Wire Fraud statute, a felony that carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. According to the complaint, the 28-year-old falsified information related to his employment, income and liabilities in order to obtain mortgages. From early September 2006 to early November the same year, Washington Mutual, WMC Mortgage, 21st Century Mortgage, Peoples Choice Home Loan, Aegis Mortgage and Wilmington Finance loaned Leiskunas between $580,000 and $732,000 each for the purchase of properties at 164, 183 and 160 Mayo Court in Elmhurst; 2041 and 2049 Westover Road in North Aurora and 702 N. Morrison Ave., Palatine. All of the loans went into default.

According to a written statement from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the lenders financed each purchase with a primary loan for 80 percent of the purchase price and a secondary loan for the remaining 20 percent.

"We've had several other mortgage fraud cases charged this year," said Ross Rice, special agent and spokesman for the Chicago FBI.

Thirty defendants were indicted in February in a mortgage fraud case. In June, 40 people were indicted on a charge of participating in a mortgage fraud ring.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/print/?id=241993
Save tax dollars.. dig a hole...

Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
It's just the beginning. This bailout will cause a domino effect. This will uncover alot of Real Estate fraud. It just may cause Co-Conspirators to turn on each other.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It's just the beginning. This bailout will cause a domino effect. This will uncover alot of Real Estate fraud. It just may cause Co-Conspirators to turn on each other.
Here's hoping that they all turn on one another and the truth prevails.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Here's hoping that they all turn on one another and the truth prevails.
Agreed. Perhaps this will be the final nail in the illegal immigration coffin. People are so outraged over this entire bailout and mortgage fiasco; the illegal alien factor will open even more eyes to their menacing presence.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. Perhaps this will be the final nail in the illegal immigration coffin. People are so outraged over this entire bailout and mortgage fiasco; the illegal alien factor will open even more eyes to their menacing presence.
I know I am sick of reading and posting about their horrific criminal activity. They have commited more crimes in less than a decade than every American in the history of this country combined. The sexully explicit crimes they commit are just totally, unequivocally some of the most disgusting, subzero deviant stories I have ever read.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I know I am sick of reading and posting about their horrific criminal activity. They have commited more crimes in less than a decade than every American in the history of this country combined. The sexully explicit crimes they commit are just totally, unequivocally some of the most disgusting, subzero deviant stories I have ever read.
It is indeed nauseating. I so look forward to our country returning to the pre-illegal days.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is indeed nauseating. I so look forward to our country returning to the pre-illegal days.

So am I. In the midst of whatever immigration reform they propose, we must demand that they abolish the 14th Amendment. Abuse of it is one of the biggest frauds being perpetrated in the history of the free world.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
I just watched 20/20 and "Night Line". They're trying to focus the blame directly on the buyers and away from the lenders.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I just watched 20/20 and "Night Line". They're trying to focus the blame directly on the buyers and away from the lenders.
That's interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration