Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,148 times

Advertisements

The nation's border czar has concluded that Mexican soldiers who held a U.S. Border Patrol agent at gunpoint in August did so after bypassing a barbed-wire fence and other clearly visible barriers to cross into the United States, contradicting claims by the State Department and the Mexican government that the soldiers were simply lost.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner W. Ralph Basham, in a private letter to the National Border Patrol Council Local 2544 in Tucson, Ariz., described the Aug. 3 border incident as a "potential lethal encounter involving four Mexican armed military soldiers north of the international boundary."

"There is a barbed-wire fence and new tactical infrastructure within sight that marks the borderline where the incident took place," Mr. Basham said. "Our uniformed agent, in a marked Border Patrol vehicle, identified himself in both English and Spanish."

Mr. Basham, who oversees the Border Patrol, said that while most incursions into the United States by Mexican military or law enforcement authorities take place in remote areas where the international border is poorly marked, "that was not the case in this particular incident."

He also described the tactics used against the agent, including the pointing of automatic rifles at him, as "unacceptable," adding that the incident had been "thoroughly documented by the Department of Homeland Security." He said the matter has since been sent to the State Department "with a request for diplomatic action."

www.washingtontimes.com

It's long past time to treat Mexico like the enemy that they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times
I have heard of incidences like these for awhile now. When my dh and I were being fingerprinted by the state patrol to get our sons COC (see, some of us actually follow the law, aren't we fools?) the officer was telling us how another officer recently left the state patrol to work on the border and he has told them that the border patrol are regularily fired upon by mexican troops, that the mexican military will fire at them to allow illegals to run across the border. And yet, our country led by Sr Bush has told them they can do nothing about it. Makes a person wonder just what the hell kind of behind closed doors deal bush made with mexico, doesn't it?

Last edited by camping!; 10-14-2008 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have heard of incidences like these for awhile now. When my dh and I were being fingerprinted by the state patrol to get our sons COC (see, some of us actually follow the law, aren't we fools?) the officer was telling us how another officer recently left the state patrol to work on the border and he has told them that the border patrol are regularily fired upon by mexican troops, that the mexican military will fire at them to allow illegals to run across the border. And yet, our country led by Sr Bush has told them they can do nothing about it. Makes a person wonder just what the hell kind of behind closed doors bush made with mexico, doesn't it?
No you are not a fool. The fools are those who are too stupid to realize that they have worn out their non-existent illegal alien welcome. It's time for them to shut up and leave. I'm sure the usual whiners will attempt to have this thread shut down as well. At the end of the day the incursions across our borders and immigration are indeed tied together.

It's time to bring our troops home from Iraq so that we can deal with the invasion from Mexico.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have heard of incidences like these for awhile now. When my dh and I were being fingerprinted by the state patrol to get our sons COC (see, some of us actually follow the law, aren't we fools?) the officer was telling us how another officer recently left the state patrol to work on the border and he has told them that the border patrol are regularily fired upon by mexican troops, that the mexican military will fire at them to allow illegals to run across the border. And yet, our country led by Sr Bush has told them they can do nothing about it. Makes a person wonder just what the hell kind of behind closed doors bush made with mexico, doesn't it?
That’s outrageous! We should have our military defending our southern border. The Mexican military attacking our agents constitutes an act of war, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s outrageous! We should have our military defending our southern border. The Mexican military attacking our agents constitutes an act of war, and should be dealt with accordingly.
ITA. It's time to take off the kid gloves and return fire.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM

608 posts, read 924,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. It's time to take off the kid gloves and return fire.
Right on! If Mexico's soldiers wish to provoke the US, then maybe it's time to show their government how we feel about it. Perhaps if a few of OUR soldiers decided to show up in Monterey, Mexicalli, Juarez, and other important northern Mexican cities, then maybe they'll show Uncle Sam a little more respect.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM

307 posts, read 522,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Are you insane!!! It's a trap! It's what Mexico wants! We would end up on the loosing end! Just look at history!

1) We would go in and Kick ass. 3 Months Later the war would be over.
2) We would feel guilty and send HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of DOLLARS in aid to help them rebuild.
3) We would let millions of their people who helped fight immigrate to America.

Just look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, Panama, Germany, Japan, etc.....

Sadly I am not sure if I am being humorous or touching WAY to close to reality. If you want comedy watch a wonderful little movie staring Peter Sellers called The Mouse That Roared.

Random

Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,256,990 times
This is the exact reason I did not ultimately join the Border Patrol after I passed the test. In speaking with actual agents whose numbers were dwindling rapidly, many stated that they could not defend themselves against gunfire coming from the other side of the borders. The Border Patrol in Texas was actually teaming with ranchers to have them fire in the name of defending their property because the agents could not open fire. Ridiculous! Hire these guys to "protect" the border and then deny them the authority to do so. WTF is up with that?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Right on! If Mexico's soldiers wish to provoke the US, then maybe it's time to show their government how we feel about it. Perhaps if a few of OUR soldiers decided to show up in Monterey, Mexicalli, Juarez, and other important northern Mexican cities, then maybe they'll show Uncle Sam a little more respect.
They are a bunch of cowards, including their drug cartels. The US is allowing them to test the waters with the incursions. They are trying to see just how far they are allowed to go before they are greeted with "friendly fire".

I really wish they would bring it full force so we can see what they are made of. It's time to stop the nonsense and declare a war. I guarantee you the BS that is going on at the border (including the peasant breeders running over here in full blown labor) would cease to exist.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
They are a bunch of cowards, including their drug cartels. The US is allowing them to test the waters with the incursions. They are trying to see just how far they are allowed to go before they are greeted with "friendly fire".

I really wish they would bring it full force so we can see what they are made of. It's time to stop the nonsense and declare a war. I guarantee you the BS that is going on at the border (including the peasant breeders running over here in full blown labor) would cease to exist.
Too true....its like that old saying 'if you give an inch they will take a mile' and we have seen how mexico has taken that mile to the point of chastising the US government for deporting illegal immigrants back to mexico. Hell, they even publicly bemoan the lack of remittances -- most governments would have too much pride to admit that they depend on the money their own rejects send back to the homecountry.

It is past time we as a nation assert our sovereign right to exist. Unfortunatly, both mccain and obama want to erase the border --- I truly believe that a north america union is in the works, and it will be the death of the US middle class. Hell, the US poor class will be remembered fondly as the 'good old days' if the NAU is allowed to come to pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration