Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Too true....its like that old saying 'if you give an inch they will take a mile' and we have seen how mexico has taken that mile to the point of chastising the US government for deporting illegal immigrants back to mexico. Hell, they even publicly bemoan the lack of remittances -- most governments would have too much pride to admit that they depend on the money their own rejects send back to the homecountry.

It is past time we as a nation assert our sovereign right to exist. Unfortunatly, both mccain and obama want to erase the border --- I truly believe that a north america union is in the works, and it will be the death of the US middle class. Hell, the US poor class will be remembered fondly as the 'good old days' if the NAU is allowed to come to pass.
Agreed. They really need to fire a few rounds of machine gun warning shots the next time they venture into our territory. That should make them think twice.

As for the NAU: A month ago, I read an article that said that because the NAU fraud had been exposed that it was no longer an option (for now). That being said I agree it doesn't matter which traitor is elected, we will be fending off amnesty for the next four years. Additionally, the fact that we will have a majority democratic congress, senate and (most likely) President it will be necessary for us to take off the gloves for the upcoming bare knuckled battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,656,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. They really need to fire a few rounds of machine gun warning shots the next time they venture into our territory. That should make them think twice.

As for the NAU: A month ago, I read an article that said that because the NAU fraud had been exposed that it was no longer an option (for now). That being said I agree it doesn't matter which traitor is elected, we will be fending off amnesty for the next four years. Additionally, the fact that we will have a majority democratic congress, senate and (most likely) President it will be necessary for us to take off the gloves for the upcoming bare knuckled battle.

Yep, and like I said -- that the only silver lining to the coming hard times will be an increased public awareness to illegal immigration and much more vocal opposition to it.
When times where good, mcamnesty and obama could hispander at will --- well, times aren't good and the people will actually have a say. And by people, I mean legal US citizens

Old 10-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Yep, and like I said -- that the only silver lining to the coming hard times will be an increased public awareness to illegal immigration and much more vocal opposition to it.
When times where good, mcamnesty and obama could hispander at will --- well, times aren't good and the people will actually have a say. And by people, I mean legal US citizens

I couldn't agree more. They can promise illegals a free trip to the promised land, but there's nothing like a punch to their financial guts to wake up the sheeple. The mortgage crisis will be our savior.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Are you insane!!! It's a trap! It's what Mexico wants! We would end up on the loosing end! Just look at history!

1) We would go in and Kick ass. 3 Months Later the war would be over.
2) We would feel guilty and send HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of DOLLARS in aid to help them rebuild.
3) We would let millions of their people who helped fight immigrate to America.

Just look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, Panama, Germany, Japan, etc.....

Sadly I am not sure if I am being humorous or touching WAY to close to reality. If you want comedy watch a wonderful little movie staring Peter Sellers called The Mouse That Roared.

Random
I'm afraid you're right. It would ultimately cost us more. However, we can't simply allow Mexican troops to enter our country at will. This MUST be stopped.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Time for a tinman story.
It was a dark and stormy night south of the border. The Mexican army was on a mission of support. Support for a drug lord smuggling both drugs and prostitutes into the United states. They had performed countless missions just like this one with little trouble. Tonight however they would learn the meaning of fear of the dark. Out of nowhere appeared a border patrol. The Mexican hero's opened fire with full automatics and laid waste to the border patrol truck. Before thier murder the occupants had time to send a frantic call for help.
Unknown to the mexican military the USA had finally grown weary of these incursions. Much as a bear may grow weary of troublesome knats.
TheMexicans traveled further into the USA. Confident, arrogant and feeling invinsible. That is until the roar of apache gunships filled the night. Artillery shells lit the darkness. Within seconds nearly 50% of the trespassers were slaughtered. Then came the Delta boys. Pride of the US Army. The mexicans attempted to surrender but none of these Delta warriors spoke spanish and none were willing to forgive the slaughter of their countrymen. The battle lasted less than 30 seconds.
Now the rest of the story:
The Mexican Gov filed a protest with both the UN and the US GOV. The fact that their soldiers had fired on a US Border patrol within the US Borders was called an unfortunate mistake. Sympathetic pro-illegals championed the cause and demanded the arrest of every Delta soldier.
The Hispanic lobby was outraged and demanded a death penalty.
The US Army presented clear evidence proving it was no accident. Radio intercepts of the invaders clearly identifying the border patrol. Radio intercepts as they crossed the border warning to stay alert for border patrol and to bring fire to bare.
This time Americans were less than gullable and this time our Reps heard the cry for justice. The US instead of arresting its warriors instead imposed sanctions on Mexico. They revoked NAFTA. They passed laws to enforce and impose penalties for those who would hire, shelter or abet illegals. We passed laws that would give tax breaks to those who brought jobs back to america and laws that doubled taxes on companies who exported jobs out of america. America served notice to Mexico. Police your military and your police or we will. We brought our troops home from Korea and Germany from Japan and Egypt and stationed them on our southern border. America was once again a secure Nation.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Time for a tinman story.
It was a dark and stormy night south of the border. The Mexican army was on a mission of support. Support for a drug lord smuggling both drugs and prostitutes into the United states. They had performed countless missions just like this one with little trouble. Tonight however they would learn the meaning of fear of the dark. Out of nowhere appeared a border patrol. The Mexican hero's opened fire with full automatics and laid waste to the border patrol truck. Before thier murder the occupants had time to send a frantic call for help.
Unknown to the mexican military the USA had finally grown weary of these incursions. Much as a bear may grow weary of troublesome knats.
TheMexicans traveled further into the USA. Confident, arrogant and feeling invinsible. That is until the roar of apache gunships filled the night. Artillery shells lit the darkness. Within seconds nearly 50% of the trespassers were slaughtered. Then came the Delta boys. Pride of the US Army. The mexicans attempted to surrender but none of these Delta warriors spoke spanish and none were willing to forgive the slaughter of their countrymen. The battle lasted less than 30 seconds.
Now the rest of the story:
The Mexican Gov filed a protest with both the UN and the US GOV. The fact that their soldiers had fired on a US Border patrol within the US Borders was called an unfortunate mistake. Sympathetic pro-illegals championed the cause and demanded the arrest of every Delta soldier.
The Hispanic lobby was outraged and demanded a death penalty.
The US Army presented clear evidence proving it was no accident. Radio intercepts of the invaders clearly identifying the border patrol. Radio intercepts as they crossed the border warning to stay alert for border patrol and to bring fire to bare.
This time Americans were less than gullable and this time our Reps heard the cry for justice. The US instead of arresting its warriors instead imposed sanctions on Mexico. They revoked NAFTA. They passed laws to enforce and impose penalties for those who would hire, shelter or abet illegals. We passed laws that would give tax breaks to those who brought jobs back to america and laws that doubled taxes on companies who exported jobs out of america. America served notice to Mexico. Police your military and your police or we will. We brought our troops home from Korea and Germany from Japan and Egypt and stationed them on our southern border. America was once again a secure Nation.
Awesome story, especially the happy ending!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:29 PM

635 posts, read 1,748,600 times
Yeah the border is getting tighened, and theirs probably going to be a whole lot more action. If you think the illegals, the cartels, and certain officials are just going to sit on their hands, you're kiddin' yourself. The U.S. has done a MUCHO better job patrolling the border in the past few years. The Border Patrol was a joke in the 90's, with illegal immigrants doing the classic Banzai Runs. Let's all wait until it gets dark and then 200 of us will run past three Border agents. Illegal Immigrants would frequently return home for the holidays and easily make their way back into the U.S. The Border Patrol has high-tech military equipment to sensor aunathorized immigration. They can detect underground tunnels, use unmanned drone aircraft, and try to weld the blowtorched border holes on a daily basis. These recently built fences were helped built by the military with different materials to protect from quick blowtorching. They are the same fences which protect military stockpiles. One little issue, there's 2100 miles to cover. Chertoff said one time he was surprised the smugglers figured out how to get through the new fence. Did you think they were all going to hang their heads and go back to their little Mexican towns and stucco some houses? They were probably discussing ways to get through once it went up. These smugglers use like four different blowtorches, I'm no expert so I can't tell you the different ones used. They built this one fence and the agents were so content. The ranch owner said now they don't get over in five seconds but rather fifteen seconds. The Border Patrol works very hard to secure this country, and they finally don't feel overmatched by sneaky coyotes. Bill Clinton tried to stop this in the 90's. He thoughy we'll just secure the major points of border with large fences. They never thought immigrants would walk 50 to 100 miles in the nearby deserts to get in, but they sure did convincingly. I know of a guy who walked for eight days. That's my take!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration