Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times

Advertisements

Way to go, Sheriff Mahoney!

Quote:
Last Sunday afternoon, the immigration debate, so prominent on the national stage, became more visible locally. The Madison-based Immigrant Workers Union, along with a host of other local groups, organized a protest at the Capitol to say “No to the War at Home, No to the War Abroad.” The slogan was meant to connect the unjust immigration raids happening nationwide with the unjust wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, the main focus of the rally was to bring attention to Dane County Sherriff David Mahoney’s policy of reporting the names of all people detained in Dane County jails who are suspected of immigration violations to the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. ICE, the primary agency responsible for the deportation of undocumented workers, then does just that to many individuals held in Dane County who are found to be in violation of federal immigration law.

The practice of reporting names is not required by law and is something the Democratic Mahoney’s predecessor, a Republican, did not choose to engage in. In turn, there are many reasons this practice is both legally and morally problematic. For starters, it conflicts with the County Board resolution making Dane County a sanctuary county for undocumented workers. The idea behind that resolution is local government should not question individuals on their immigration status.
The Badger Herald - Immigration an issue of decency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,656,807 times
My god, how sick is this? It is considered 'indecent' to deport illegals who have committed additional crimes?
Deport them all, anchors as well. Let the anchors come back at the age of 18 if they can pass a criminal background check as well as health requirements.
Damn these people with their entitled mentality back to wherever the hell they come from. They have political hubris? They are concerned about human rights violations? Take it back to the homeland, make change where you are an actual citizen.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
My god, how sick is this? It is considered 'indecent' to deport illegals who have committed additional crimes?
Deport them all, anchors as well. Let the anchors come back at the age of 18 if they can pass a criminal background check as well as health requirements.
Damn these people with their entitled mentality back to wherever the hell they come from. They have political hubris? They are concerned about human rights violations? Take it back to the homeland, make change where you are an actual citizen.
They are feeling the heat and don't want to go home. Whether they like it or not, the party is over. It's way past time to ENFORCE ALL IMMIGRATION LAWS to the fullest extent in every single state. No more of the BS about separation of families, the choice is theirs. They can take their tax draining baggage with them until they reach the age of 18. It's time for us to ramp it up and get them out of here by any means necessary.l

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-14-2008 at 09:08 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Ditto, camping! and JDubsMom. Enough of this nonsense!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,656,807 times
If there is one good thing to come from the current recession, it is that citizens are waking up to the threat in our midst. Physical threat? For the most part, no. But illegal immigrants represent an economic threat, and one that needs to be addressed. Illegal immigration decimated the blue collar worker, now outsourcing will do the same for the middle class. The american sheeple are just waking up to that fact.
Of course businesses should be fined heavily and punitively for hiring illegals. But the illegals themselves cannot be trusted to self deport. They need a little help to get going.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I agree except if said Anchor Babies are left with legal friends/relatives; I am Ok with that

Now: as many of you know; I have commented in the past that there needs to be an arbitrary cutoff for any kids born to illegal immigrants after a certain date to which 'birthright citizenship' would no longer apply------just grandfather in the extant Anchors as US citizens.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,572,817 times
If you cross the border of any country illegally, you are a criminal in that country.

Why is that such a hard concept for these people to grasp.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I agree except if said Anchor Babies are left with legal friends/relatives; I am Ok with that

Now: as many of you know; I have commented in the past that there needs to be an arbitrary cutoff for any kids born to illegal immigrants after a certain date to which 'birthright citizenship' would no longer apply------just grandfather in the extant Anchors as US citizens.
As long as the relatives of said anchor babies DOES NOT receive one dime of the taxpayers' money I can agree to that. At least ONE parent should be an American citizen otherwise IMHO there is no way to justify the abuse of the 14th amendment.

The fact that the misinterpretation of the 14th amendment has been consistently deliberate angers me. I know some may disagree with me but in theory, there is no way in hell two illegal aliens can procreate an American citizen. Those born to 2 illegal alien parents AFTER the 1986 amnesty should have their default citizenship revoked.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 AM

608 posts, read 925,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As long as the relatives of said anchor babies DOES NOT receive one dime of the taxpayers' money I can agree to that. At least ONE parent should be an American citizen otherwise IMHO there is no way to justify the abuse of the 14th amendment.

The fact that the misinterpretation of the 14th amendment has been consistently deliberate angers me. I know some may disagree with me but in theory, there is no way in hell two illegal aliens can procreate an American citizen. Those born to 2 illegal alien parents AFTER the 1986 amnesty should have their default citizenship revoked.
You're right about this one...Two non-citizens can't procreate a true American citizen, regardless of what Washington DC believes. I live in southern Texas, and see this happening all of the time. The anchor baby almost always follows the parents example! In other words, the child speaks Spanish first, is loyal to Mexico first, and generally makes no effort to assimilate into the US culture. These anchor children often don't do well in school, often commit the majority of crimes in their given towns, and tend to become parents themselves at a very young age. To those that dispute these facts, I live here and as sad as the truth is, it's undeniable fact.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,214,988 times
All you need to do is check the drop out rates to verify what catfishing says - as soon as they reach the age where they have to take tests in English they leave...not all, but most. I support the ones who graduate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration