Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times

Advertisements

Be careful what you ask for. . . .

Quote:
GUADALUPE, ARIZ. — Six months ago, this town of 5,500 took a stand against the most powerful lawman in the state.

As Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's deputies swept through town during a controversial operation searching for illegal immigrants, Mayor Rebecca Jimenez confronted the 76-year-old sheriff and told him he wasn't wanted.

The town, founded by Yaqui Indians a century ago, became a symbol of a grass-roots rejection of Arpaio's tough anti-immigration tactics.

But now, Guadalupe is having second thoughts about how it fought the sheriff.

After the confrontation, Arpaio struck back by canceling his contract to patrol the one-square-mile town, forcing officials to search for another agency to protect Guadalupe.

Jimenez, 36, was replaced as mayor, and the city's new leaders are trying to find some way to persuade Arpaio to stay.

"This town really does need him," said Janice LaBorin, 25, a home healthcare worker. "There are too many criminals and little gangbangers here."
Arizona town rethinks immigrant stance - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 09:44 AM

50,549 posts, read 47,368,799 times
That's a RIOT

Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Note the source of that little tidbit: the flagrantly pro illegal immigrant LA Times........

Methinks the MSM is becoming less and less pro illegal as time marches on

Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,664,891 times
Well, what did they expect? We only want you to prosecute certain types of criminals, only enforce some laws? The real world doesn't work that way.....and I'm glad that the little town of Guatalupe has finally found that out.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,781,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Be careful what you ask for. . . .
This entire scenario is outrageous, Benicar.

It is obvious Mayor Rebecca Jimenez had an agenda and was pandering the Illegals as well as the Illegal Lovers. It is also very obvious she had absolutely no interest or concern for the safety and well being of the legal citizens of Guadalupe. Although probably protected from local prosecution, I see no reason why she should not be subject to Federal Prosecution for Aiding and Abetting Common Criminals.

Also, I cannot help but wonder if she isn't an Anchor Baby!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

It is obvious Mayor Rebecca Jimenez had an agenda and was pandering the Illegals as well as the Illegal Lovers. It is also very obvious she had absolutely no interest or concern for the safety and well being of the legal citizens of Guadalupe. Although probably protected from local prosecution, I see no reason why she should not be subject to Federal Prosecution for Aiding and Abetting Common Criminals.

I totally agree, it is aiding and abetting. It also wouldn't surprise me if she's an anchor. They have the same disdain for this country as their illegal parents.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,480,526 times
Quote:
Jimenez, who said she never asked Arpaio to stop policing Guadalupe, was ousted from her post for reasons unrelated to the confrontation. She remains on the town council but was replaced as mayor by Frankie Montiel, who vowed not to question Arpaio
The ousting sure sounds related to me.

Maybe they should be put on a reservation.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,432,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Well stated!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,432,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I totally agree, it is aiding and abetting. It also wouldn't surprise me if she's an anchor. They have the same disdain for this country as their illegal parents.
That's the biggest irony in all of this. If not for the abuse of the 14th Amendment said anchors would be living in a tin foil shanty in mexico, raggedy, twice as ignorant and starving to death. Yet like mexican nationals they hate everything American except its handouts and opportunities.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:00 PM

635 posts, read 1,749,658 times
I'm sure they like that Joe Arpaio is tough on crime. But, most definently probably don't want him there because of his hardcore stance and action on illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration