Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Note which city newspaper broke that story: the El Paso Times; the folks living here have plenty of reason to be concerned about that crap in Ciudad Juarez------------the Zeta's, etc. shooting at one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats ok, let them complain. my point is that they cant. or rather they dont have a right to. furthermore they cant expect the US to NOT use these fire arms. Mexico uses them within its borders on its own citizens. it would be a gross double standard.

my only issue is the fact that bullets travel and shots fired at distant targets might find unintended victims.

as long as there is special training in the use of these fire arms i have no problem one bit.

as for the mexican military issue, that type of stuff happens all the time. even in international waters. that isnt really an issue.

contrary to popular belief borders are not always clearly defined or demarcated.
That goes both ways. Fortunately, to my knowledge, bullets fired by Mexicans haven’t hit any innocent Americans…….yet.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That goes both ways. Fortunately, to my knowledge, bullets fired by Mexicans haven’t hit any innocent Americans…….yet.
thanks, thats good to know. and i hope no unintended victims are hurt... on teither side.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks, thats good to know. and i hope no unintended victims are hurt... on teither side.
As you and the one stated...........that no innocent folks get hurt.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
BP should have access to armored carriers just like in Iraq. A .20 mill and a couple chain guns will change this @#$#$# over night.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
This story is being buried by the media.
Of course it is. They tend to protect the treasonous in our government.

Once the election is over, whomever is elected better withdraw the promises made during their psychotic episodes of pandering to the illegals. It's time to take care of the business of the American people. Everybody else needs to go home and demand change in their own countries.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
This story is being buried by the media.
They can only conceal this story until serious fighting commences. It's a war zone in Mexico, and it's simply a matter of time before it reaches our soil.

Quote:
New stats show hundreds of drug-related killings in Mexico in July alone—more than Iraq or Afghanistan—raising questions about the effectiveness of President Calderon’s efforts.

According to the BBC, 443 people were killed in drug-related violence in Mexico this past July—more than in Iraq or Afghanistan. BBC correspondent James Painter said, “On one notorious day in July, a group of heavily armed men shot dead 12 people in three separate shoot-outs within a period of eight minutes.” The violent trend in Mexico is already several months old: so far in 2008, close to 3,000 people have been killed, surpassing the country’s death toll for all of 2007.
Continued Drug Violence Transforming Mexico into War Zone

Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They can only conceal this story until serious fighting commences. It's a war zone in Mexico, and it's simply a matter of time before it reaches our soil.

Continued Drug Violence Transforming Mexico into War Zone

Agreed. The cat is already out of the bag. I have recently read numerous stories of incursions of the drug cartels. The number of American kidnappings is steadily rising as well. Since there is no mention of immigration, I refrain from posting them because I can't stand the incessant whining that said stories bring.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:54 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
BP should have access to armored carriers just like in Iraq. A .20 mill and a couple chain guns will change this @#$#$# over night.
I could not agree more, Angry.

We need to get serious and send a strong message to those arrogant common thugs.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The cat is already out of the bag. I have recently read numerous stories of incursions of the drug cartels. The number of American kidnappings is steadily rising as well. Since there is no mention of immigration, I refrain from posting them because I can't stand the incessant whining that said stories bring.
Speaking of which: an American child was apparently kidnapped due to his grandfather stealing from Mexican drug gangs---------this occurred either here in Arizona or Nevada. Just saw a blurb here on the local news KTVK Channel 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration