Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
I think the irony of the story is due to our current economy some illegals are starting to leave on their own by 2010 there will be a slight natural reduction and if heavily enforced around the time of census, we can see an illegal number of 12 million possibly drop to 11 million by 2010.
To be honest: being that our official unemployment is 'only' ca. 6.5%; if the illegals were here legally-----------I suspect our unemployment rate would be closer to 8%. Translation: I strongly suspect that between 2-3 million illegals have already left the USA in just the last 12 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 08:00 PM

78 posts, read 139,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To be honest: being that our official unemployment is 'only' ca. 6.5%; if the illegals were here legally-----------I suspect our unemployment rate would be closer to 8%. Translation: I strongly suspect that between 2-3 million illegals have already left the USA in just the last 12 months.
I hope that was true, but the fact is that there are record numbers of anchor babies all over U.S., mainly in hispanic states like Arizona and
California, also the economy the way it is now we need the hard work for less money that the undocumented provide. By the end of this econimic downturn we may have 20-30 more million immigrants here.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
I hope that was true, but the fact is that there are record numbers of anchor babies all over U.S., mainly in hispanic states like Arizona and
California, also the economy the way it is now we need the hard work for less money that the undocumented provide. By the end of this econimic downturn we may have 20-30 more million immigrants here.
Arizona is mostly 'Anglo'.............too; the illegals (most of whom are from either Mexico or Central America) are definitely thinning out here in the Phx area. For some reason; they are petrified of Sheriff Joe Too; as the illegals are self deporting........they are usually taking their US born Anchor Babies with them. Admittedly, said Anchors can return (legally) to the USA at age 18 but for some reason.......most will not avail themselves of that privilege.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,418,429 times
Quote:
You got jokes. SNL called, they want to audition you. Is that you Bianca?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 PM

608 posts, read 924,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You got jokes. SNL called, they want to audition you. Is that you Bianca?
Sounds familliar doesn´t it...By the way, there´s too many illegals in the US if there´s 1. We need to ensure the every able US citizen has a job, education, government services, etc before we even consider helping these rats. When one of these organizations steps up in support of these criminals, they need to be ignored. Deprive these losers of an audience and then see how far their BS flies.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:44 PM

78 posts, read 139,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Sounds familliar doesn´t it...By the way, there´s too many illegals in the US if there´s 1. We need to ensure the every able US citizen has a job, education, government services, etc before we even consider helping these rats. When one of these organizations steps up in support of these criminals, they need to be ignored. Deprive these losers of an audience and then see how far their BS flies.
Agree!!!, but I am Afraid that President Obama will only make the problem worse, I see more and more illegals here in Arizona, our bad economy is helping cheap labor to settle here.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Agree!!!, but I am Afraid that President Obama will only make the problem worse, I see more and more illegals here in Arizona, our bad economy is helping cheap labor to settle here.
Where in Arizona? I live in the Phx area and Spanish speaking Mestizos are becoming thinner on the ground. The reality is that most illegals hail from either Mexico or Central America and are usually Mestizo or Indian (olive complexion/dark hair/eyes). Most of the White Hispanics are here legally due to their 'connections'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration