Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times

Advertisements

This article has some good points and some that I dont agree with. I will open it up for discussion.

Study: Immigration raids hurt workers rights | enforcement, immigration, workers, illegal, report - News - OCRegister.com

The Study accuses ICE of the following:

Quote:
•taking enforcement action at the behest of employers, their surrogates, and other police agencies;
•conducting immigration-focused surveillance in the midst of labor disputes;
•conducting enforcement action with full knowledge of an ongoing labor dispute;
•engaging in subterfuge to carry out enforcement actions; and
•directly interfering with the administration of justice by arresting workers on the courthouse steps.
Here is a quote from one of the readers. I thought it was very interesting.

Quote:
I WAS a union employer and was forced by our agreement to hire the illegals they sent us with false documentation. I HAD TO PAY UNION WAGES TO ILLEGALS who did not know the language, had no skills and were being used by the unions they joined.

The unions want the illegals here and look the other way to further their own agenda. The unions are corrupt and outdated and are now running this country. Ask yourself why our borders are still wide open.

BTW, employers should not have to investigate to try to determine if hires are illegal. You can buy false documents almost anywhere and you HAVE TO HIRE who the union sends you. Close the borders NOW and break the unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,275 times
Illegal Immigration HURTS workers rights..

When wages are brought down due to Illegal Aliens who are willing to do the job for a cheaper price AND without benefits, this hurts the American working class..

When Illegal Aliens steal and use faulty Social Security Numbers this hurts American workers as in many cases equal identity theft..

When Illegal Aliens work tax free and send millions of dollars out of the country each year, that's money that is LEAVING the American economy, therefore hurting American workers..

Seems that Unions, which used to be a necessary evil to ensure that workers could negotiate their wages and benefits, are just as corrupt as other employers of Illegal Aliens.. Of course unions want their membership dues so that they can continue to lobby for "change" from American Government officials..

Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Immigration raids hurt the "rights?" of Illegal Aliens? Hardly, they have no rights.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I dont know. Do drug raids on Methlabs hurt workers rights?
What about stings on prostituion rings?
I would not know first hand as I am not a criminal but it must be a bear to practice crime when laws are being enforced.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Immigration raids hurt EVERYONE'S rights. It's unpleasant and disturbing that we should have to witness such heavy-handed tactics in a free society. But when you let 20 million people into your country without going through the proper procedures, 'unpleasantness' will be the inevitable result.

Lesson to be learned? Control your borders. If you do so, you will not need to conduct 'workplace raids' later on. In fact, if you simply control your borders, you'd avoid all SORTS of controversy, ethnic discord, 'scoldings' from nearby countries, and other stuff. It's a lot easier to 'do the job right' in the first place, than to have 'clean up the mess' later.

If you think it's hard and unpopular to KEEP people out, try GETTING them out, once they're here.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Absolutely not! Why would anyone oppose holding unscrupulous employers accountable for hiring illegal aliens? If they use E-Verify, they will have at least made every effort to ensure they are in compliance with our laws.

If jobs are the primary magnet for illegal immigration, why not do everything possible to prevent illegals from working? We need more raids, not less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration