Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) -- Like all illegal immigrants, Lorenzo Jimenez knew the knock on the door from immigration agents could come at any time.

Still, he had enough faith in the American dream to buy a house in this Atlanta suburb, even though signing the papers meant raising the risk: He put his 2-year-old, American-born daughter's name and Social Security number on the title.
Yahoo News article (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081116/a_house_divided.html - broken link)

Jimenez: you are nothing more than a self centered scoundrel-----------you need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Plus your actions are a slap in the face of those especially Hispanic immigrants who came here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
We should confiscate the property and sell it. The proceeds used to further the fight against illegal scumbags.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:56 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Those who enter the U.S. illegally often say they're just striving for the same things that most American citizens want out of life -- a good job, home ownership, maybe a chance to get a little bit ahead.
All of the worlds poor want the same thing. We have a limit and a legal process. End of story.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
All of the worlds poor want the same thing. We have a limit and a legal process. End of story.
Great post and summed up to perfection.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,945 times
Quote:
He put his 2-year-old, American-born daughter's name and Social Security number on the title
Geeze, that is where he screwed up. He committed a felony under the new federal Identity theft and prevention program.

Using someone else's name and social for your self is identity theft and that provoked a RED FLAG to the lending agency which probably triggered the contact.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:24 AM

956 posts, read 3,002,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
We should confiscate the property and sell it. The proceeds used to further the fight against illegal scumbags.
Actually, it should be given away through a lottery. Selling it will just give more money to the federal or a state government, which they really don't deserve for all their culpability in illegal immigration.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Actually, it should be given away through a lottery. Selling it will just give more money to the federal or a state government, which they really don't deserve for all their culpability in illegal immigration.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
An eager willingness to commit fraud in order to profit does not gain my sympathy.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Did he say he was the daughter when he used her name/social security number?

Could I not put my child's name on the title/deed of my home? Is that illegal? What if I wanted my child to be a joint owner or the sole owner of the property? My children have bank accounts, and I used their names and social security numbers to get them, and they didn't sign a thing. Have I broken the law?

I find it odd that he was able to do this if it was illegal. I have bought a home, and it seems that if the bank is loaning you money, all i's are dotted and t's crossed. I cannot see how he could get away with illegal crap when banks/loans/lawyers are involved.

This woman is clearly vindictive. Apparently once she found out they were illegal, she decided to go for broke. Now she is bitching that she is back with her mother. What, paying rent broke her? She just has a scapegoat to blame for her troubles, and a legitimate reason to retaliate.

And no to all of you, the house should be sold and any profits should go to the child whose name is on the paperwork. That child is an American, if she was in fact born here, so why should she lose out on something that would be hers if her parents died?

That child, if born here, my friends, is just as American as YOU or I., no matter what the status of her parents.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Did he say he was the daughter when he used her name/social security number?

Could I not put my child's name on the title/deed of my home? Is that illegal? What if I wanted my child to be a joint owner or the sole owner of the property? My children have bank accounts, and I used their names and social security numbers to get them, and they didn't sign a thing. Have I broken the law?

I find it odd that he was able to do this if it was illegal. I have bought a home, and it seems that if the bank is loaning you money, all i's are dotted and t's crossed. I cannot see how he could get away with illegal crap when banks/loans/lawyers are involved.

This woman is clearly vindictive. Apparently once she found out they were illegal, she decided to go for broke. Now she is bitching that she is back with her mother. What, paying rent broke her? She just has a scapegoat to blame for her troubles, and a legitimate reason to retaliate.

And no to all of you, the house should be sold and any profits should go to the child whose name is on the paperwork. That child is an American, if she was in fact born here, so why should she lose out on something that would be hers if her parents died?

That child, if born here, my friends, is just as American as YOU or I., no matter what the status of her parents.

But don't forget -- the child is also just as much Mexican as her parents. She is also a citizen of their country and can go home with her parents. It's just like when Americans give birth in other countries, their kids are still American even if the other country gives birth citizenship.

Nothing prevents the parents from taking their child home with them when they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration