Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
GREAT!..can you keep us updated on this?

As unemployment rises, tolerance drops just as fast if not faster.

Will do. No problemo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
JDubMom is simply 'fighting fire with fire'; shall we say

It is extremely risky for a bunch of illegals and their enablers to use the 'race card' against American Blacks------especially when in many other countries most of said illegals would also be counted as White.
Agreed. As you stated so long ago: "Watch the Economy". As it goes and the exposure of the extremely outrageous financial, emotional and criminal costs and impact associated with illegal aliens escalates so will the American outrage, anger and gearing up to take matters into their own hands if necessary.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ah, thanks for explaining it to me! It does make sense....
You're welcome, my sista!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
How do you stand it? I have gotten so sick of the rudeness and arrogance of those who think that it is their right to reside here illegally and continue to live and speak that shrill dialect as if they are still SOB.

IMHO, it's simply a confirmation of their utter arrogance, sense of entitlement and total disrespect for our country.
I have no idea. Well, the job does pay pretty well for just having a HS diploma and the spanish-speaking folks go right to the hispanic tellers anyway. Not the best situation but it's the best hustle in town until i finish college.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I have no idea. Well, the job does pay pretty well for just having a HS diploma and the spanish-speaking folks go right to the hispanic tellers anyway. Not the best situation but it's the best hustle in town until i finish college.
I hear you. You are simply doing what you need to do in order to reach your goals. Unfortunately, it will remain hard to avoid until more and more we demand that businesses rescind the press 2 mess and rid our country of the source of the problem, aka illegal aliens.

I have on more than one occasion when my tolerance level has reached the cliff, turned to an ignorant babbler while in downtown Chicago (where I am forced to hear it) and yelled at them to speak English. I'm sure they got the message because they gave me a blank stare and promptly shut up afterwards.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,547 times
I agree with JDM on this also. I had not heard that some one had compared the Elvira woman with Rosa Parks..........What an absolute slap down that comparison.................

The current illegal crop of aliens cannot, in any way shape for or fashion compare their experience with those of Black America. From the Reconstruction of post 1865 to the marches of the 1960's the comparison is non-exsistant.

The Mexican illegals have NOT experienced fire bombings, lynchings, un leashed dogs .
They HAVE not experienced segregated restrooms, and dining counters, Virtually destitute schools and abject poverty................................No, the mexican illegals need to suffer a little more before they can hold them selves up to a civil rights movement of monumental proportion and of such a nature that it shaped AND shocked the moral consciences of a nation into and onto a path of enlightenment.

Our own Oklahoma Clara Looper would take great umbrage with that comparison also............

Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
I agree with JDM on this also. I had not heard that some one had compared the Elvira woman with Rosa Parks..........What an absolute slap down that comparison.................

The current illegal crop of aliens cannot, in any way shape for or fashion compare their experience with those of Black America. From the Reconstruction of post 1865 to the marches of the 1960's the comparison is non-exsistant.

The Mexican illegals have NOT experienced fire bombings, lynchings, un leashed dogs .
They HAVE not experienced segregated restrooms, and dining counters, Virtually destitute schools and abject poverty................................No, the mexican illegals need to suffer a little more before they can hold them selves up to a civil rights movement of monumental proportion and of such a nature that it shaped AND shocked the moral consciences of a nation into and onto a path of enlightenment.

Our own Oklahoma Clara Looper would take great umbrage with that comparison also............
The sheer fact that we are citizens and they are here ILLEGALLY claiming "civil rights in America" while fleeing from the cesspools they hold near and dear to their hearts that treats them like road kill to this day induces heart stopping anger and is breath takingly absurd. After reading that BS, I decided it was time for me to do everything in my power to sound the alarm to wake up everyone I know, to write, fax, email, and make an appointment to meet one on one with their representatives and push hard to get them out of here by any means necessary.

Quote:

]Illegal Elvira Arellano with her 8-year-old American-born son Saul. Courtesy photo, New York Times
Is Elvira Arellano – the recently deported Mexican illegal alien – the new Rosa Parks?
Some of her supporters describe her this way. But Arellano's credentials as a "role model," to say the least, fall short. Indeed, even some "immigrant rights activists" find the comparison embarrassing. A check of the websites of the National Council of La Raza and the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund finds no statement one way or the other concerning Arellano.
Rosa Parks, a black woman, was born in 1913 in Tuskegee, Ala. – that is, Tuskegee, Ala., United States of America. She thus entered life as an American citizen, but was denied the rights and protections afforded by the United States Constitution. Arellano sneaked into the country, not once, but twice, and defied a deportation order by receiving "sanctuary" for more than a year in a Chicago church. Arellano gave birth on American soil to a son, now 8 years old. But she does not speak of his father. She condemns the U.S. government for "breaking up" her family because Saul (her son) remains in the United States while she reportedly lives with friends in Tijuana. But Arellano chose to leave Saul behind, claiming that his Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder requires better medical care than provided in Mexico.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=43269
Fugly, arrogantly delusional pimp. One of millions still here illegally and refusing to leave.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-20-2008 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,641,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The corporate asshats forcing us to press 2 for English BS bares a huge responsibility for the arrogant demands of the spanish speaking asshats in this country illegally.

It's way past time to declare a moratorium on ALL immigration until we can figure out who the hell is here illegally and get rid of them. Those with anchors should be deported and forced to take their anchors with them unless they have a family member or someone else who is willing to PAY ALL OF THEIR EXPENSES and provide care without ANY assistance from our tax dollars until that minor reaches the age of 18. The 14th Amendment should be abolished, back dated effective 1986. Any children born to 2 illegal aliens parents should be declared a citizen of the parents' country of origin. Chain migration should be abolished effective immediately.

Legal immigration should not resume until our needs are reassessed, and unless Americans are given preferential treatment to fill whatever jobs become available.
this is the second time i've seen someone advocate for the "abolition" of the 14th Amendment. do you understand how many of our basic rights as US citizens are contained in (or derived from) the 14th Amendment? you don't really want to repeal it, do you? even if you're only referring to the citizenship clause, then how would you suggest we confer citizenship upon your children and mine?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
this is the second time i've seen someone advocate for the "abolition" of the 14th Amendment. do you understand how many of our basic rights as US citizens are contained in (or derived from) the 14th Amendment? you don't really want to repeal it, do you? even if you're only referring to the citizenship clause, then how would you suggest we confer citizenship upon your children and mine?
In light of the fact that slavery was abolished in 1862 I fail to see how abolition of the birthright citizenship clause would affect the children born in America to black Americans or Americans of any race for that matter. My point is that two illegal alien nationals cannot produce an American citizen. If one parent is a legal immigrant who gives birth on American soil then that is strictly a separate issue as that parent is legally present and under the jurisdiction of the US. The fraud being perpetrated by the deliberate misinterpretation and abuse of the birthright clause is in and of itself an oxymoron.

Since illegal aliens are not under the jurisidiction of the US in any way, how is it possible simply by virtue of being born on American soil that their offspring are entitled to birthright citizenship?

Therefore, I respectfully disagree with your analogy.

Quote:
Amendment XIV

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

Actually: there was legally sanctioned discimination against some Mestizo 'Hispanics' right here in Arizona strictly along skin color lines.

It was possible for one sibling (same mother and father) to have fair skin and be counted as 'White' (with its attendant privileges) and another brother/sister to be counted as 'non White' and suffer the ramifications thereof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration