Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

I do feel for the chidren, but the rest, to illegally enter this country without Immunization shots, and then they have the balls to whine after they get a taste of their own medicine.
I'm sorry, I only have enough sympathy for my American friends and relatives who are in much worse situations than they are.

I think the children should be taken away and the mothers slapped silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 AM

14 posts, read 27,925 times
Okay you all have a point but my whole thing is do you have to be so hateful about it..yes they are not supposed to be here but is it necessary to hate them? I say this because some of you sound like the way the African-American people were treated in the 60's, that is not necessary...The government could fix the problem if they wanted to...It would not be that hard to keep them out if they really wanted, the government that is...why not blame them?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:16 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Ummm, in case you haven't really been reading the posts in this forum, we DO blame the government.

BTW, very few of us actually hate anybody, but we're pretty fed up with being taken advantage of.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanddiana View Post
Okay you all have a point but my whole thing is do you have to be so hateful about it..yes they are not supposed to be here but is it necessary to hate them? I say this because some of you sound like the way the African-American people were treated in the 60's, that is not necessary...The government could fix the problem if they wanted to...It would not be that hard to keep them out if they really wanted, the government that is...why not blame them?
The ancestors of most of today's American Blacks were brought here against their will prior to 1865 so we as a nation 'owed' them some sort of restitution till they could be self sufficient which has been accomplished.

As for the illegals who hopped the border (they came here on their own free will)................we owe them nothing aside from deportation and seizure of their assets.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:23 AM

You sound much more like a human being that is good to hear, I understand that it is hurting the economy but hate is not the answer, you are reasonable but there are soem on here who are not and they do hate....but I belive hate makes a person not be able to live thier life completely...it takes a lot of effort to hold on to hate.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 AM

I wasn't even talking about anyone owing anyone else anything don't twist my words, I said that the white people in the 60's treated the African-Americans as if they were second class people and that is the way Hispanics even the ones here legally are treated as if they are second class. I am talking about HATE not DEBTS....thats a whole other history...

Old 11-22-2008, 03:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanddiana View Post
Saying I'd like to slap the mothers silly is not hate, it's frustration from more illegals using there kids to draw attention. If you read their stories you'll see that their kid was mentioned once and the rest of the story is about them not their kid.
I'm tired of hear illegals trying to get the US Gov, to kiss their a$$.
There's no hate here.
Now if I said: example> "that I'd like to take a gun and shoot her in the head and drop her kid down a manhole", that may be considered hate.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-22-2008 at 04:06 PM..

Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 AM

121 posts, read 225,792 times
(Sniff, sniff) This story is just...(sniff)...so sad...NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:10 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
OR perhaps Jdubs is pointing out the reality. That being that most of the illegals in this country are not here due to extreme hardships at home or because of a child in need of life saving medical care. Most are here because they cheated the system. They cheated our system not because its an impossible system but because they felt only a fool plays by the rules when you can cheat it much faster.
What do they do when they arrive here? ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, lowball wages forcing legals out of work, demand special treatment, cheat our hospitals out of payment for services rendered.
That does not even begin to cover what those who commit violent crimes do and the costs associated with them. Or the many many Drunk driving crimes, crimes of driving without a licence and victims of these drivers.
One might ask what Utopia you live in that these crimes have gone un-noticed?
Like Jdubs I empathize with any parent of child in need. I live that life. What I do not and will not condone are the illegals who insist that we owe them.
I do agree with you about the drug problem. The users in this country supply the demand. As far as I am concerned we should allow them to rot in the lives they have created for themselves.

Ditto, Illegal Alliens cut infront of those who line up at the American embassy hopeing to get permission aboard this country. but thats not that big of a problem than the drug cartel wars. Slowly but shurely the sesspool is going to reach our ankles then were going to have more and more violence over territory in our own backyards!. IMO Mexico should Re-Instate the death penalty. Even if the Feds manage to catch theese cartell lords they still call the shots behind bars, or thier jail house mansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration