Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:13 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Pictures of Latino men.

Again, you guys likes to redirect a lot.
As if 'Latino' is a race------------stereotypes methinks?

Santiago Creel; a Mexican politician could not pass for a Latino at all going by your inference----------neither could Cameron Diaz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,767,738 times
This has been debunked over and over again. Try to find some new material!!

Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,292,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And you like to act like illegals are just law abiding people!!!
I don't, I just don't like the misrepresentation of facts.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,292,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As if 'Latino' is a race------------stereotypes methinks?

Santiago Creel; a Mexican politician could not pass for a Latino at all going by your inference----------neither could Cameron Diaz.
Well they did all have Spanish surnames, implying they are Latino.
Who has race on the mind?

*By the way, that's an example of trying to "spin". Use it for future reference.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 PM

425 posts, read 1,095,471 times
LA is 46% Hispanic. The stats are going to be primarily Hispanic by default. Despite this huge influx of illegals into LA, the crime rate has fallen each year since 2001.

If you want it to stop, there are far more effective things you can do than these attempts to polarize people against one demographic of society. Ask yourself what you're really doing. Are you writing to or calling your legislators? Have you read HR 4088? Do you support E-verify? Can you discuss the real issues, or are you only capable of posting news articles (and I hesitate to call some of these news sources) over and over again that demonize Hispanics and do nothing to resolve the situation you seem to hate so much?

I never see posts about legislation and reform, but maybe those posts are being pushed down by the incessant posting (16 posts on page 1 at last count by the same poster) about Hispanic crime. It makes me wonder if this person ever does anything but Google searches for "Hispanic" and "crime".

Go after the employers! They exploit the workers, the system, their competitors, and the public. They're the criminals, and they're getting away with it every day.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
LA is 46% Hispanic. The stats are going to be primarily Hispanic by default. Despite this huge influx of illegals into LA, the crime rate has fallen each year since 2001.

If you want it to stop, there are far more effective things you can do than these attempts to polarize people against one demographic of society. Ask yourself what you're really doing. Are you writing to or calling your legislators? Have you read HR 4088? Do you support E-verify? Can you discuss the real issues, or are you only capable of posting news articles (and I hesitate to call some of these news sources) over and over again that demonize Hispanics and do nothing to resolve the situation you seem to hate so much?

I never see posts about legislation and reform, but maybe those posts are being pushed down by the incessant posting (16 posts on page 1 at last count by the same poster) about Hispanic crime. It makes me wonder if this person ever does anything but Google searches for "Hispanic" and "crime".

Go after the employers! They exploit the workers, the system, their competitors, and the public. They're the criminals, and they're getting away with it every day.
I demonize illegal aliens irrespective of race/ethnicity-----------most of them are criminals.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I demonize illegal aliens irrespective of race/ethnicity-----------most of them are criminals.
All illegal aliens are criminals by default.

So have you contacted your legislators? Have you educated yourself on the issues beyond just blaming every societal ill on these people you hate so much?

Do you support HR 4088? What do you like about it? What do you not like about it?

What about E-verify? Why isn't it mandatory? What about the error rate? How would you feel if you were applying for a job and your application was rejected because the system said you weren't in the database? What should be done about this?

Do you feel section 303 of HR 4088 is a good idea, or would that promote vigilante justice?

Do you think there should be amnesty or a guest worker program?

What do you think of the immigration bill that passed in 1986? Do you think it lead to an increase in illegal immigration?

Why do you think the immigration bill of 1986 was never mentioned during the election when McCain co-sponsored it? Many think HR 4088 is just another version of the same bill. What do you think?

ARE YOU GETTING MY DRIFT YET?

There is so much more to talk about than what you guys zero in on day in and day out.

C'mon, surprise me with your intellect. Wow me with your insight into the issue. Or are you a parrot, with nothing else to say but illegal = increase in crime, which I've disproved to you again and again.

Any crime is bad, but if you think it's just illegals committing crimes, your head is really buried in the sand.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:

So have you contacted your legislators? Have you educated yourself on the issues beyond just blaming every societal ill on these people you hate so much?

Do you support HR 4088? What do you like about it? What do you not like about it?

What about E-verify? Why isn't it mandatory? What about the error rate? How would you feel if you were applying for a job and your application was rejected because the system said you weren't in the database? What should be done about this?

Do you feel section 303 of HR 4088 is a good idea, or would that promote vigilante justice?

What do you think of the immigration bill that passed in 1986? Do you think it lead to an increase in illegal immigration?

Why do you think the immigration bill of 1986 was never mentioned during the election when McCain co-sponsored it? Many think HR 4088 is just another version of the same bill. What do you think?

There is so much more to talk about than what you guys zero in on day in and day out.

C'mon, surprise me with your intellect. Wow me with your insight into the issue. Or are you a parrot, with nothing else to say but illegal = increase in crime, which I've disproved to you again and again.

Any crime is bad, but if you think it's just illegals committing crimes, your head is really buried in the sand.
I stand by what I stated.

Next!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,768,325 times
Quote:

Every single one of these topics has been hashed to freakin' death in here. Do a little bit of background reading in this forum and you'll see exactly how many people who post here are ACTIVELY involved in the fight against illegal immigration.

The majority of us do not just talk the talk.....

Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I stated.

Next!
You haven't said anything.

Honestly, you have said nothing. Zero. And what's this "Next!" thing you three do - is that supposed to make me change the subject or something? As if you have the authority to do that. Don't think so...

And Kele, there's only one other post in here on HR 4088 (by you as a matter of fact) and it's like a year old, and not even two pages long. I'd hardly call that "hashed to death". It doesn't even contain any real discussion of it, just a ridiculous discussion of whether it's "mccarthyism".

I suspect the majority who are posting here are doing exactly nothing in terms of proactively fighting against illegal immigration, unless you consider posting repeatedly here being proactive. I don't.

I knew what the response would be to this; I'm not surprised in the least. All hat, no cattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration