Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 04:29 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times

Advertisements

This is only one of the many problems in this country. This is a sob story to make us feel sorry for the supposed law-abiding illegals. I can't even think of any illegal as a law-abiding person when they broke a law to get into the country, and then continue to break laws to stay here.

Illegal immigrants own homes with help of bank loans - The Boston Globe

Quietly living American dream

No laws broken as illegal immigrants obtain loans, buy homes

He lives in a two-bedroom house hard by the highway in Boston, with flowers out front and a grill in the back. He has raised two children, bought two cars, and filed federal and state income taxes every year.

He blends seamlessly into his neighborhood, except for one thing: This particular homeowner, with his 1,875 square feet of US soil, is an illegal immigrant from Colombia, one of possibly hundreds of thousands of such people nationwide who have grabbed a piece of the American dream.

Their very existence, now coming amid increasing attention on illegal immigrants from Washington policymakers, has sparked new calls for crackdowns on home lending, even as so many illegal immigrants are rising into the middle class and embedding themselves into their communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,108 times
Sounds like he at least stays under the radar.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:53 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
"We're not sponging off the citizens of the United States," he said in a telephone interview. "I'm not a citizen, but I'm doing my part as a citizen."
This guy is nuts. If you're not a citizen you CANNOT simply squat and play the part of one and think it makes your illegal status ok. What part of ILLEGAL ALIEN does this squatter not understand?

Quote:
Criticsaccuse banks of using legal loopholes to essentially sanction illegal immigration, and fear that immigrants who cannot speak English well - or who aren't financially savvy - would be easy prey for unscrupulous lenders.
US Representative John T. Doolittle, Republican of California, sought to crack down on loans to illegal immigrants this year when he pushed legislation to ban government-sponsored enterprises from giving out residential mortgages based on IRS taxpayer identification numbers.
The requirement passed the House in May as an amendment to another bill and is pending in the Senate.
It should be passed. Illegal aliens have defaulted on hundreds of thousands of mortgage loans that they should never have received. The fact that they were "undocumented" loans means that as part of the massive bank bailouts, taxpayers are being forced to finance this fraudulent mess.

Quote:
"It just sort of makes a mockery of our system," Doolittle said. "You can own a piece of the American dream without being here legally."
Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the national Federation for American Immigration Reform, criticized mortgage lenders and others for selling loans to people who could be deported at any time. "It's another example of business ignoring the impact that illegal immigration has on society because they think they can make a buck off it," he said.
I couldn't agree more. They all need to be locked in jails cells with their illegal alien "clients".

Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
This is only one of the many problems in this country. This is a sob story to make us feel sorry for the supposed law-abiding illegals. I can't even think of any illegal as a law-abiding person when they broke a law to get into the country, and then continue to break laws to stay here.

Illegal immigrants own homes with help of bank loans - The Boston Globe

Quietly living American dream

No laws broken as illegal immigrants obtain loans, buy homes

He lives in a two-bedroom house hard by the highway in Boston, with flowers out front and a grill in the back. He has raised two children, bought two cars, and filed federal and state income taxes every year.

He blends seamlessly into his neighborhood, except for one thing: This particular homeowner, with his 1,875 square feet of US soil, is an illegal immigrant from Colombia, one of possibly hundreds of thousands of such people nationwide who have grabbed a piece of the American dream.

Their very existence, now coming amid increasing attention on illegal immigrants from Washington policymakers, has sparked new calls for crackdowns on home lending, even as so many illegal immigrants are rising into the middle class and embedding themselves into their communities.
Christ: that is bald faced fraud right there..........using an obviously fake SSN or tax ID

Old 12-10-2008, 05:26 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
So he does all this other junk--but getting legal US citizenship is too much trouble eh?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So he does all this other junk--but getting legal US citizenship is too much trouble eh?
Exactly. Proving once again, that common sense is not so common for illegal aliens nor their aiding and abetting traitorous American counterparts.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Christ: that is bald faced fraud right there..........using an obviously fake SSN or tax ID
Either fake or STOLEN. Either way, it seems he delusionally seems to think that paying taxes equals citizenship by default.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Confiscate his assets and deport the criminal.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,552 times
It is not illegal for a foriegn national to own property in this country. However, it is a crime for an illegal alien . . what the mortgage brokers are doing is playing a "don't ask don't tell" game, and most likely, coaching illegal aliens on the documentation necessary to skirt our laws and commit fraud.

Illegal aliens know they are committing yet another crime purchasing real property in this country. Mortgage brokers and those involved with the selling of real property and mortgages to illegal aliens, also know they are committing a crime. The Federal Government is completely aware of it -- doing absolutely nothing about it.

Most likely, the only one who doesn't know of this criminal activity and collusion, is the is the average citizen of this country, who has been completely dumbed-down with political correctness, and will fund the bailout with their allotment of that debt.

Just another "**** you gringo", from the illegal aliens, as a reminder, how they came here seeking a better life, that they felt it necessary to corrupt everything they touch.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the national Federation for American Immigration Reform, criticized mortgage lenders and others for selling loans to people who could be deported at any time.
Quote:
"It's another example of business ignoring the impact that illegal immigration has on society because they think they can make a buck off it," he said
EXACTLY!!!
Quote:
mortgage lenders and others for selling loans to people who could be deported at any time.
Thats not a risk???????....

I moved to OK. just after the new Immigration law took affect. I've had several accounts with Bank of America. I went to the B of A closest to me (near Ft, Sill) I transfered my accounts from California and talked to the Vice President of that bank for close to 2 hr's. I even chewed her a$$ out for offering credit card to Illegals. She said that that bank was the last to do it and the first to quit. She said they were forced to do it by the Corperate banks.
She was very nice and we are now good friend. She would tell mee anything I wanted to know about what's going on.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 12-10-2008 at 06:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration