Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Your immigrant should find a job that provides insurance benefits. MOST people don't rely on welfare programs for health care, most people expect health insurance benefits with their jobs.

It used to be better in the past, many employers today figure with all the immigrants, legal and illegal, they can skip the benefits, skip decent wages. That's what massive immigration is all about and legal immigrants are being hurt by this as well as citizens.

The whole problem with immigration is that good life people come for is being seriously diluted by far too much immigration. Like one illegal living here even said, amnesty might not be such a good idea because everyone will start bringing in their family members, all their cousins, siblings, and so on that there won't be jobs, an many will work for less money just to get here that will make it hard for illegals already here. Now you KNOW it's bad when even illegals have concerns like that.
She has insurance- high deductible at work but the employer does not offer family insurance for any cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 08:25 PM

197 posts, read 266,071 times
Quote:
You have obviously not been to an ER any time lately. You don't work in a hospital and have no clue. Illegals NEVER obtain medical health insurance, they accept jobs that provide them no health insurance, and usually even if committing felony document fraud, they choose not to obtain a medical insurance plan. Yes, it is a fact that illegals do not pay for their medical care, they use the ERs, they leave hospital bills unpaid. That is a fact, no way around it.

Yada, Yada, Yada......more talk, I would still like to see the proof of this undocumented/uninsured mother making the hospital comply to her demands. This is a very simple request.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Yada, Yada, Yada......more talk, I would still like to see the proof of this undocumented/uninsured mother making the hospital comply to her demands. This is a very simple request.
I will take malamute's word over any pro illegal alien fan (and a few anti illegals here as well).

Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM

197 posts, read 266,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I will take malamute's word over any pro illegal alien fan (and a few anti illegals here as well).

Another anti-immigrant radicals myth has been debunked.....

Old 01-06-2009, 05:07 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,068 times
It's not anti-immigrant, it's anti -illegals !!! You, know the ones that shouldn't be here while others are going thru the system LEGALLY to get here? It's time to round up the Illegals and get rid of them from our country. This would allow serveral things.
1) more LEGAL immigrants to come in and be the productive citizens that time and again proves they always have been.
2) You would see a drop in crime in many large cities, and some along the southern border States would see drastic drops in crime, from car thief to murder, rapes, and robberies, both home and business/banks.
Southern California benefit the most. and they need it! Outragous housing cost because of the living space consumed by the illegals would be more on par with the peoples wages. That would help with the housing finance crunch in a larger way than most realize!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Quit twisting my posts there----------------all it does is make you look like a treasonous fool.

I stated anti ILLEGAL alien there--------------legal immigrants are welcome here.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
Quote:

dont worry about that little cub, hes taking a break from his sling to do what most of these posters do, vent. oh, and complain. its been this way for years now.

same tired arguments. always debunked. but they persist.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
But immigrant children are not and do not qualify for ANYTHING- legal or illegal.
I call BS. I see them every day in public school, head start, using food stamps, in section 8 housing units, at the health department.

Also, I have never worked nor has anyone I know worked where health insurance was offered that did not also offer a family plan. A man I worked with got health ins. for himself and son from a private co. although his wife and our employer offered family insurance because the premiums were much lower.

Maybe she dosent qualify for the SCHIP. Sounds like she is do ok financially if she can afford to send her child to nursing school.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
same tired argument. GET SOME FAMILY VALUES!!!

wow. how juvenile and ignorant.
you really dimish any credibility by making personal attacks.

the playground politics dont change here... ever.

Quote:
It sounds as though there are several family members here. Why not get some family values and support your own family member? Maybe pool your incomes and properly provide for your own immigrant.

You brought her over knowing she could not pay for health insurance. That is very wrong. You want to dump YOUR responsibility onto taxpayers.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,289,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are misinformed:

Those here illegally can qualify for Sec 8, food stamps and welfare benefits.
Don't know what you are basing that statement on. The closest that comes to an accurate statement is children (US Citizens) of illegal immigrants are allowed certain social service benefits. All section 8, food stamp and welfare programs require legal status.
Now do I believe, all program participants are of legal staus? There aren't enough checks and balances in place to verify the identity of people applying. I know plenty of people who have used a fake identity to get into a social service program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration