Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:02 PM

87 posts, read 129,670 times

Advertisements

Do you think Americans have the Right to be informed of illegal alien crime in America?

Do you think it is an immigration issue when an illegal alien commits crimes in America against Americans or another illegal alien or his/her own family member(s) in the U.S. Please state your reason if you can.

Should the public have the right to know and speak freely about the crimes as an impact of illegal alien immigration, without being called racist?

Should the public be allowed to know how much it will cost the taxpayers to incarcerate and how much the illegal alien legal fees will cost. And how much it will cost to house the illegal in prisons or jails and how much it will cost to deport the illegal alien once the illegal has served his time?

For more answers to this question:
See Yahoo Answers:

Do you think Americans have the Right to be informed of illegal alien crime in America? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited by Sovereignty; 01-05-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
Do you think Americans have the Right to be informed of illegal alien crime in America?

Do you think it is an immigration issue when an illegal alien commits crimes in America against Americans or another illegals or his/her own family member in the U.S. Please state your reason if you can.

Should the public have the right to know and speak freely about the crimes as an impact of illegal alien immigration, without being called racist?

Should the public be allowed to know how much it will cost the taxpayers to incarcerate and how much the illegal alien legal fees will cost. And how much it will cost to house the illegal in prisons or jails and how much it will cost to deport the illegal alien once the illegal has served his time?

For more answers to this question:
See Yahoo Answers:

Do you think Americans have the Right to be informed of illegal alien crime in America? - Yahoo! Answers
I think we should be informed about everything having to do with illegals - how many there are and in what states, how much money we spend on hospitals and schools for them, what jobs they hold that apparently Americans won't do, crimes committed, etc.

The reason is because WE are the citizens, and WE pay for everything. And, illegal immigration impacts us in many areas, and some people are unaware of it.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:58 PM

87 posts, read 129,670 times
I concur and I believe any and all crimes an illegal alien commits is an IMMIGRATION ISSUE! Since we the taxpayers will be burdened with all the cost it will incur. I like to know where my tax dollars are going and for what!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Of course I think Americans have this right.....my only comment would be that if Americans expect to discuss such matters, they must take into account that it will immediately be made into a racial issue, and will thereafter be handled as such....and of course "racial issues" will always be handled very differently from issues of 'straight crime'.

Can Americans discuss crime by illegal immigrants purely from the standpoint of 'crime'?....and can they then discuss the fact that some crimes are committed by local Americans, and the costs of those crimes are 'part and parcel' of running any society....while other crimes are committed by foreign criminals, and the costs of THOSE crimes are 'above and beyond' the normal costs inherent in society, and should be addressed as a separate issue? Probably not. We have the "right", of course, to discuss any problem....but in practice, it can't be done. Someone will introduce 'race' into the discussion, and 'bingo'....no more discussion.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,853,317 times
Of course not! Illegals have every right to enter the country illegally or overstay their visas. They also have every right to intentionally falsify work documents or any forms of identification because they're illegal.

They are by far more important than US citizens or green card holders because big businesses can make more money by paying them lower wages or under the table.

Just remember that if an illegal commits a crime it's because he/she is poor, couldn't find work in their own country, get a green card or because it's part of their culture (according to some pro-illegal activists) BUT if an American commits a crime it's completely unacceptable.

It all makes perfect sense.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
I concur and I believe any and all crimes an illegal alien commits is an IMMIGRATION ISSUE! Since we the taxpayers will be burdened with all the cost it will incur. I like to know where my tax dollars are going and for what!!!
I agree with that 100% Not only is it a safety issue, it is a BIG cost issue.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
This is a very poorly phrased question. The right to "know"...the public has the right to research and to learn, and to access public documents; is this information collected somewhere and being withheld? Speak freely...yes, the public has this right. Without being called racist? Hmmm, that would infringe on someone else's right to speak freely, wouldnt it?

Quote:
Probably municipal, state and federal law enforcement agencies and immigration-related associations and groups draw up these statistics every year. They should be publicly available. Many of the costs the public can research and calculate for themselves, too.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
...without being called racist?
If the public presents its questions or findings about illegal immigration and immigrants only using references to nationality, then the public can't legitimately be called racist.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,375 times
The American public has to right to know about all crime, and be allowed to draw their own conclusions. They shouldn't be force fed propaganda from people with an agenda.

They should know the whole truth.

Not be convinced that every foreign looking Latino wants to rape and murder them, which is what a couple unnamed people would like you to believe.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
informing the public of who does the crime to whom and where and when is very useful information. all too often for fear of law suits the media does not tell you. civil rights are often used to protect the uncivil.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-05-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration