Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times

Advertisements

C’mon Janet, ALL illegal employers are violating labor laws; not to mention, federal immigration laws.

Translation: Janet will target employers who are mistreating illegals; not those who employ illegals and are deemed to treat them fairly.

Quote:
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says raids by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents will continue once again, but will focus on specific targets, including workplace employers “who consistently and intentionally use and exploit the labor market for their own gain.”

Napolitano says there will be no halt to arrests of illegal workers their investigations uncover, but ICE agents will primarily target employers found to be in violation of labor laws, Los Angeles-based La Opinión reports.

Earlier this month, Napolitano ordered ICE agents to cease all workplace investigations into illegals while new ICE guidelines for operational protocol were being reviewed by DHS.
Newsmax.com - Napolitano Says ICE Raids to Target Employers (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/napolitano_ice_raids/2009/04/16/203976.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 12:03 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times
Which means be nice to your scab labor or they can rat you out? It's time for us to start policing ourselves and crank up that hotline if you suspect that even one person is working at a business illegally. Take down the business and the scab labor in one fell swoop.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,585,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Which means be nice to your scab labor or they can rat you out? It's time for us to start policing ourselves and crank up that hotline if you suspect that even one person is working at a business illegally. Take down the business and the scab labor in one fell swoop.
Agreed.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,572,644 times
So Janet is mad at employers who "consistently and intentionally use and exploit the labor market for their own gain"?...hmmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what employers DO? Hire people, put them on the payroll, and then proceed to 'use them'?.....for the 'gain' of the employer? I can't imagine who ELSE'S 'gain' you'd expect them to be 'used'. Maybe Wal-Mart will now start hiring people (and 'using' them) for Home Depot's 'gain'?

As usual, another insincere line of 'gobbledegook' from another insincere, paid-for politician, who's been spouting this nonsense for so long she's probably not even AWARE of the inconsistencies.

Does ANYONE REALLY think Janet wants to 'legalize' these people? IMAGINE how that would affect their employers!....They'd suddenly be able to command LEGAL wages, and demand LEGAL workplace accomodations....something their employers have gone on record as stating that they "can't afford". I mean, NOBODY wants to see their 'good, reliable, hungry illegals' turn LEGAL, do they? Then they'd just be another 'grumpy', demanding group of overpaid AMERICAN 'help'. What a nightmare THAT would be for business!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 AM

291 posts, read 414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
So Janet is mad at employers who "consistently and intentionally use and exploit the labor market for their own gain"?...hmmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what employers DO? Hire people, put them on the payroll, and then proceed to 'use them'?.....for the 'gain' of the employer? I can't imagine who ELSE'S 'gain' you'd expect them to be 'used'. Maybe Wal-Mart will now start hiring people (and 'using' them) for Home Depot's 'gain'?

As usual, another insincere line of 'gobbledegook' from another insincere, paid-for politician, who's been spouting this nonsense for so long she's probably not even AWARE of the inconsistencies.

Does ANYONE REALLY think Janet wants to 'legalize' these people? IMAGINE how that would affect their employers!....They'd suddenly be able to command LEGAL wages, and demand LEGAL workplace accomodations....something their employers have gone on record as stating that they "can't afford". I mean, NOBODY wants to see their 'good, reliable, hungry illegals' turn LEGAL, do they? Then they'd just be another 'grumpy', demanding group of overpaid AMERICAN 'help'. What a nightmare THAT would be for business!
Yeah I hear they want unions which they can get memership while signing up for all the state benifits. its all about the dumb voters now.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,975,479 times
I have to wander after the terroist memo if obama will keep her.She hasn't been there no time and she has screwed up royaly in no time. She actually wanted the police who have a large per centage of veterans to watch themselves, You have to wander if she is in touch at all.Talk about sending a profiling memo to the wrong people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration