Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 AM

706 posts, read 940,095 times

Advertisements

Napolitanos recent blatherings to groups of pro-illegal supporters reeked of questionable statements regarding the security and enforcement "efforts" at our borders...

if over 550,000 were caught in fiscal 2009, how many made it across our borders and, if caught later, will be released due to her lackluster "efforts" ?

"Customs and Border Patrol was able to capture more than 556,000 aliens entering the United States illegally in Fiscal Year 2009 HERE
(Exact number according to the Customs and Border Patrol: 556,041)
Apprehensions have always been the best indicator and informational tool used to estimate the real number of unauthorized border crossings. Border Patrol estimates are that they are able to catch one out of every three of four illegal crossers. I have had convsersations with Border Patrol Agents on the line who, when their supervisors were not around, have told me that the real ratio is closer to “one in eight or ten.”

SNIP....
The Dustin Inman Society Blog » FAST FACT: Customs and Border Patrol was able to capture 556,000 aliens entering the United States illegally in Fiscal Year 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
and how many of those 550,000 were the same people getting caught multiple times. I personally know someone who was caught 8 times by the border patrol as he tried to cross from Mexico into the US earlier this year. On the 9th time he got through without getting caught. The border patrol is a total joke and a massive waste of money.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
and how many of those 550,000 were the same people getting caught multiple times. I personally know someone who was caught 8 times by the border patrol as he tried to cross from Mexico into the US earlier this year. On the 9th time he got through without getting caught. The border patrol is a total joke and a massive waste of money.

"how many of those 550,000 were the same people getting caught multiple times"

Is that a trick question or just one posed to misdirect the intention of the post?

"border patrol is a total joke"

Well, I've got to agree with You on this one....But I always consider the leadership... " If the head don't work, then the body dies" so to speak

Old 11-25-2009, 12:22 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
That's a good question, what is the intention of the post?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
What the USA needs to do is have internment camps for anybody caught crossing illegally a second time being that such an act is indeed a Felony.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Only because those they work for have chosen not to support the effort.
If I have a barret 50 cal but refuse to aim it at the bad guy its not the guns fault that the bad guys don't get shot.
Our elected reps make no effort to make sure illegals are caught and prosecuted.
We should be chipping these criminals when we catch them.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
They try until they succeed. It’s too bad they don’t use some of their perseverance to improve their lives in Mexico.

The Border Agents aren’t a joke. Rather, they are hindered by a government facilitating cheap labor. It’s hard to be effective with your hands tied behind your back. We need to have our military guarding our borders, with strict directives. Illegals are an invading force, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They try until they succeed. It’s too bad they don’t use some of their perseverance to improve their lives in Mexico.

The Border Agents aren’t a joke. Rather, they are hindered by a government facilitating cheap labor. It’s hard to be effective with your hands tied behind your back. We need to have our military guarding our borders, with strict directives. Illegals are an invading force, and should be dealt with accordingly.
Yes in deed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration