Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times

Advertisements

I've been hearing stories left and right for the past few months that illegal aliens are leaving the country in droves. They say that the economy and rising unemployment have driven illegal aliens from south of the border, back across it. I have been severely skeptical of such statements because I believe they are outright wrong and news stories bury in them proof that it is not true.

The Border Patrol will tell you apprehensions are down. Surely this is proof that few illegal aliens are coming across the border right? Well no, it means that apprehensions are down, in other words they aren't catching them.

For instance we have this story below from the New York Times where they try to put forth the sad story of how illegals are once again the victims because they fear for their families in Mexico because of the cartels. They fear so much that they are bringing their families here and that they are not returning home for holidays. It's right there in the story, with proof coming from authorities in Mexico that have seen a decline in those returning.

Those who live in the region say such crimes — and the attention they receive on Spanish-language television in the United States — appear to have frightened not only those who live here year-round. Most years at Christmastime, hundreds of men in cowboy hats who work north of the border return to Jerez, jamming the streets with pickup trucks and cars with California and Illinois license plates and reuniting with old friends and family in the town square.

This holiday season, Jerez and surrounding towns have had few migrants return. And demographers based in Jalisco and Michoacán said in interviews that few migrants had returned to those states either.

Illegal Aliens Are NOT Leaving The United States - National News - FIRE FORUM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Well, if they’re not leaving, it’s going to get very ugly. Too many legal citizens are unemployed, with thousands losing jobs on a daily basis. We are a generous country. However, I doubt that any legal citizen is willing to forego employment to accommodate illegal aliens.

We all know that only a small percentage (2-4%) of illegals are employed in the agriculture industry. The majority dominate construction, hospitality, restaurants, and landscaping. It’s time to reclaim our country, and put U.S. citizens back to work.

They’re already projecting a 10% unemployment rate, which of course is never representative of the actual level of unemployment. Today, Obama stated that at least 3 million jobs must be created in the next few months. Our country is suffering, and we have no room for illegal aliens. If they aren’t leaving, we will be compelled to force them to leave.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Well, if they’re not leaving, it’s going to get very ugly. Too many legal citizens are unemployed, with thousands losing jobs on a daily basis. We are a generous country. However, I doubt that any legal citizen is willing to forego employment to accommodate illegal aliens.

We all know that only a small percentage (2-4%) of illegals are employed in the agriculture industry. The majority dominate construction, hospitality, restaurants, and landscaping. It’s time to reclaim our country, and put U.S. citizens back to work.

They’re already projecting a 10% unemployment rate, which of course is never representative of the actual level of unemployment. Today, Obama stated that at least 3 million jobs must be created in the next few months. Our country is suffering, and we have no room for illegal aliens. If they aren’t leaving, we will be compelled to force them to leave.
Truer words. What I find truly amazing is that they profess their love for and defend their failure of a country and it's dysfunctional culture at every turn. They wave the flag and chant its name proudly while denigrating America, yet we can't get rid of them. Am I missing something here?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Truer words. What I find truly amazing is that they profess their love for and defend their failure of a country and it's dysfunctional culture at every turn. They wave the flag and chant its name proudly while denigrating America, yet we can't get rid of them. Am I missing something here?
Yes, they love Mexico, but realize in Mexico they can’t receive the myriad freebies available courtesy of the hard-working U.S. taxpayers. I liken it to a married man who loves his wife, but his wife is rather prudish, can’t cook, and never cleans the house. He has a mistress on the side who is a freak in bed, a gourmet cook, and her house is so clean she feeds him chocolate covered strawberries off of the kitchen floor.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, they love Mexico, but realize in Mexico they can’t receive the myriad freebies available courtesy of the hard-working U.S. taxpayers. I liken it to a married man who loves his wife, but his wife is rather prudish, can’t cook, and never cleans the house. He has a mistress on the side who is a freak in bed, a gourmet cook, and her house is so clean she feeds him chocolate covered strawberries off of the kitchen floor.
Great analogy, I hope I can rep you now

Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:

Here in Arizona; illegal aliens are definitely thinner on the ground compared to a year ago.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
That's because they moved here Bear. The land of the free.........stuff.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's because they moved here Bear. The land of the free.........stuff.
you owe me an apology. I have had a bad cough for a few days. My ribs are sore from coughing and hysterical laughter doesn't help either.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:11 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
you owe me an apology. I have had a bad cough for a few days. My ribs are sore from coughing and hysterical laughter doesn't help either.
Oopsie

Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,608 times
The approx. 19 million illegal aliens here, down from 20 million, the majority of which are illegal Mexican scabs, are still here because the employers of illegals are still hiring them. Many scumbag employers of illegals are laying off the more expensive American workers and keeping their illegal Mexican scabs because...there is really no real disencentive for the scumbag employers of illegals not to keep the illegal Mexican scabs over the American workers. And, actually too, a great many of the illegal Mexican scabs are hunkering down, not wanting to leave the US, waiting for the steaming pile of Obama amnesty that many illegal Mexican scabs feel is just around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration