Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,427,184 times

Advertisements

Most of the country is watching to see what President Barack Obama will do during his first 100 days in office.

To Flor Crisostomo, the scrutiny takes on a more personal meaning: the native Mexican undocumented immigrant, who has been in sanctuary at a church in Chicago since Jan. 28, 2008, said she might go back to Mexico if the Obama administration takes early steps toward comprehensive immigration reform.

Then again, Crisostomo said, her commitment to what she calls her "political work" is such that she still might decide to stay in the little apartment atop Adalberto United Methodist Church, a tiny storefront church in Chicago's Humboldt Park.

"I talked to my mother (on the phone), and she gave me great strength," the 29-year-old said. "I can't disappoint my children, I can't abandon this battle halfway."

Daily Herald | Woman's 'political work' keeps her locked in Chicago church

Somebody forgot to tell Flor that ICE will decide when her vacation from her neglected/motherless children is over. She promised her neglected children that she was coming here to work and send money for food. She hasn't worked in two years and spends her days sitting in a rocking chair getting old and fat and her children ... . well they must be starving to death by now since their "mother" has totally abandoned them and her alleged cause for entering the US illegally.

Fast forward: Now all of a sudden in her warped imagine she envisions herself a celebrity worthy of martydom. If she wasn't so delusionally pathetic in the assumption of her "importance" this story would be comedic gold.

The moral of this story: They may leave their children behind but they always bring the crazy with them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-01-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 04:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,658,630 times
First of all, if that woman is 29 I am 29! Secondly, sitting inside while at the computer spouting political nonsense doesn't make her a revolutionary ..... it makes her like the rest of slackers on C-D, and while you know I love you all we are not revolutionaries

Now I do agree with her on NAFTA, and I do agree with her that large corporations have been using people like so many indentured servents and getting away with it for far too long. But, none of that makes her above the US immigration laws. That she says she was not her for the American Dream, but instead only to make some money to send home to her three children is telling. Here is a person who would benefit from a guest worker program, but not amnesty. She needs to go home and actually be with her children. Surely they cannot be worse off with her home and not earning money, then they are with her holed up in a church not earning money. Oh -- she probably doesn't have internet service back home.....thank god for grandma. That woman is the real humanitarian here.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM

50,509 posts, read 47,285,378 times
Wow, holed up in a church. That sure is the front lines..........ha

Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,586,124 times
I respect her courage and political activism . Now she should go back to Mexico and try to change her country so that she and her fellow countrymen don't have to sneak into the US to earn a living.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I respect her courage and political activism . Now she should go back to Mexico and try to change her country so that she and her fellow countrymen don't have to sneak into the US to earn a living.
As you stated.

Just that would take true courage which many Mexicans clearly do not have judging by their actions.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM

200 posts, read 350,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The moral of this story: They may leave their children behind but they always bring the crazy with them.
LOL! If that woman is 29, she was rode hard and put away wet!

It looks like she's doing some lovely bead work, perhap a Rosary to send to her abandon children to pray Mama sends them some food.

The church should stop their racism and discrimination against the legal immigrants who paid all the fees and jumped through all the hoops to come to America. Harboring an illegal alien send a wrong message and leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Legal immigrants are welcome, regardless of race or creed, where illegal aliens need to be deported before they can do anymore damage!

Many illegal aliens have two families, one in their country of origin and a new one in America. This cruel practice happens very often. Can you imagine the mental damage both families must suffer. Some American women have been known to get involved with illegal alien men only to find out they have another family in their old country that they want to go visit out of loyalty.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Chicago seems to be the haven of every illegal in the country. They all claim to be activist (sob) while cowering in some church, demanding citizen rights. Correct me if im wrong, but, wasn't the last one sending her 8 yr. old son all over the country claming he was an "emmisary of the Mexican people". Respect ? I ran out of that the day they started hiding behind the priest while sucking the USA dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration