Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
These "anchor babies" as you call them do not know of any other home but the U.S. If it is correct that they are children of undocumented people, they most likely have never set foot in Mexico. If they march, it is not in protest that they are not accepted my Mexico. Most likely, they dont even want citizenship from Mexico. They are advocating for their parents. Whether we should allow them to be legal in this country, that is the issue at hand.

You, as a citizen of U.S., have every right to fight for what you believe. What you dont have a right to, is to deny other citizens their right to exercise freedom of expression.
For the record:

More and more countries have done away with birthright citizenship------------Ireland and France both come to mind. Read that at least one parent has to be a citizen before the child can legally claim it.

It is high time for the USA to do that same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record:

More and more countries have done away with birthright citizenship------------Ireland and France both come to mind. Read that at least one parent has to be a citizen before the child can legally claim it.

It is high time for the USA to do that same thing
If nothing else, common sense should prevail. Why on earth would any country grant citizenship to the children of foreign invaders? It’s as absurd as mandating a $30,000 money market account be given to the children of all bank robbers.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
It's nothing like that because that person didn't receive all of that assistance...

Why the hell have that many kids??
They don't call 'em breeders for nothin'.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:14 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Show me which part of the amendment does not recognize these children as citizens! I know people that come to this country to have children then go back. The children you see marching have never left and claim the U.S. as their country. Some serve in the army, air force, navy, marines, some are teachers, professors, etc.
And it's about a 10-1 ratio that they are going to be gang bangers and social service professional "users" versus a tax paying citizen. Do you really think it's just a coincidence that the 10 most wanted of many major Cities are all Illegal Aliens? And it stays that way every year? Come on, no one is THAT ignorant. It's all about poverty, we are importing poverty at an unheralded rate. Does that make good sense? NO

Or maybe it's really just a coincidence? The US is going to have to follow suite and make the amendment to the fact that someones latitude and longitude designates citizenship status. That is bogus. I'm suprised people flying in our air space haven't tried to play that card. Where's my WIC card? I just gave birth at 24k feet over Hawaii. My kid is now American.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Long Island is becoming like LA too with all the rich folks on the north shore hiring illegal peasant workers and housing them in central areas, like Hicksville and Westbury. We have several communities here which feel more like Mexico now, the most severe is Brentwood/CI, Freeport, Hempstead, New Cassel,etc.
And they talk loudly in spanish too on the bus and in establishments and I am SICK OF IT!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
You can bet if Sherriff Joe Arpaio were Director of homeland security, those illegals would have been deported by now, and the company that hires the illegal carpet installer would be raided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration